Thread: "Will not stay at Poly again" - More DIS Madness

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar

Talking "Will not stay at Poly again" - More DIS Madness

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

My question when I read things like this.... How on earth do these people function in normal society? I can not imagine complaining about noise from landscaping. Simply beyond my comprehension.

Plus, if they had not been doing it this is the type of person who would have been the first to complain about how sloppy the property was, how there was actually sand on the sidewalks!

Thank God I don't have people like this in my day to day life. I'm afraid I'd kill them

I couldn't tell if the reply about raking the alligator tracks off the beach before anyone saw them was supposed to be sarcastic or not.

Stupid Judy.

LOL.. Me either. Though I wouldn't be surprised that there are small gators in the lake. I'm just guessing they probably don't come up on the Poly beach if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I couldn't tell if the reply about raking the alligator tracks off the beach before anyone saw them was supposed to be sarcastic or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
    LOL.. Me either. Though I wouldn't be surprised that there are small gators in the lake. I'm just guessing they probably don't come up on the Poly beach if they are.
    Someone just asked if first floor rooms are noisy because they want to let the baby play outside while one of them gets ready.

Oh Lord, why do you tempt me so?!

Stupid Judy.

I couldn't resist commenting myself. I really can not imagine complaining about this. I would have LOVED to have been in the office when this email was read. I bet tears were flowing from the laughter.

We really did not hear a thing in our room last summer.

I guess we are always too tired from the parks to have anything interfere with our sleep.
    Though my family did tell me the Star Wars fireworks at HS on the night of the Force Awakens party were very loud about 3 AM

I had to jump in too. I just couldn't stay quiet.

Stupid Judy.

AngiTN, I just read your response over there - well thought, well stated, and probably true. You will now be flames to death by the lady citing Orlando noise ordinances. :)

George, I saw your's, too. Subtle, elegant, hilarious. I'm surprised they still let you post.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Eh, I've been flamed before most of these kids were every born ;)

I really do feel sorry for the people these types encounter in their day to day life. They can't be easy to live with

Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    George, I saw your's, too. Subtle, elegant, hilarious. I'm surprised they still let you post.
    My posts are pithy yet degenerate.

Stupid Judy.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I am feeling much better about my All Stars complaints now. ;)
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I haven't even read the thread yet but i can't wait to read your responses to it!!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

5 pages!! Oh my. Putting on the list of things to read while propping my feet up this evening.

George, your post made me cry with laughter. Thanks for the link. Although I couldn't stomach reading all of the responses I did enjoy yours.

It would be pretty annoying to be woken up by maintenance every morning before 7am.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    It would be pretty annoying to be woken up by maintenance every morning before 7am.
    I had more issue with what other people said then the OP I think. Getting woken up before 7am would be annoying, yes. Do I think it was dramatic? Sure. But the other people posting are not really thoughtful about those who are actually working outside in those conditions, especially in the heat.

It must be nice to stay in your $400 a night hotel while complaining about the people making minimum wage to make your resort look beautiful... but thats none of my business.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

Lake view rooms start at $603 and go up to $913/night ;)

Soundproofing in Disney resort rooms is terrible. I do the occasional DVC room review and I would much rather just go home than stay in the room itself with all the noise from the hall, outside, next door etc. I'm not sure what the excuse is for being able to hear people talking over the television in the room next to you.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Absolutely! Both my kids and husband are light sleepers and we struggle to get everyone enough sleep when we travel so we would have a really hard time with noisy maintenance early in the am if not getting up for rope drop. We have white noise machines along for hotel stays but they are not enough to mask landscaping noise. The madness of that thread comes more from the drama of the replies, bickering back and forth, discussion of the pros and cons of various landscaping equipment, and the "vacation ruined" or "will never stay here again" sweeping generalizations. If I were in that situation I would definitely go to the front desk, explain the concern (politely-or better yet send my husband who is much better at this type of request) and ask to move to a quieter room. If the request wasn't accommodated and I had continued issues through the trip that would probably sour my experience and I'd probably be annoyed enough to send a letter of complaint once home. I would also post a report here for others considering a lake view room to reconsider if they are light sleepers.

Are some just worse about noise through the walls then others?

We were in a BWI Water view room at the first of the month.
    For some reason, I'm sure I don't even want to know, there was a yippy/yappy dog in the room next to us. When we were on our balcony and they came out you can hear it barking it's poor head off. Anytime we were in the hall and they opened the door you could hear it yappy it's poor head off. But as soon as the door closed, you couldn't hear it. The sound would go away mid-bark. I know the bark didn't stop that fast, just that you couldn't hear a thing. We never heard a thing in our room either.

There was only room we've ever stayed in that we could hear neighbors, at BC CL in a room with a connecting door. I assumed it was the connecting door the allowed noise to pass through

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    If we're making a list of "what one should expect when paying $600-$900/night for a resort room" I think "maintenance crews starting at 6:50am" would be pretty low on the list compared to all of the other areas Disney falls short.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

JulieHFJ
    This may be one area where staying in a dvc room is a disadvantage. The OP in The Dis DVC Resorts forum thread said that the morning beach maintenance began at the TTC side of the resort each morning. The longhouses closest to the TTC are DVC (and the DVC longhouse with the most lagoon view rooms is closest to the start of the beach there). Although the convenience of that location is very nice.

Curious if the points cost of staying in one of those rooms is as relatively high as the cash cost, or if, as in most things Disney, the regulars are the ones who best maximize value.