Thread: Re: New Site Design - STOP making your site better...

Re: New Site Design - STOP making your site better...

...you are ruining my secret. Now, everyone will know how to cheat and I will no longer be better/smarter/cooler than all my Disney friends. Way to go, Josh.

I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm sure my sour disposition will continue to turn people in the other direction and only so many people have the tolerance for a 3,000 word review of cheese sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    ... only so many people have the tolerance for a 3,000 word review of cheese sauce.
    Yes, we are a special breed.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

You can definitely spot those in the know when you're on property - but there are still plenty of people not booking ADR's or FP+ in advance and getting on the EMH bus at 10am :)
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

Love the changes to the site.

my sour disposition
    That's the best part. But, let's all try to keep that a secret, shall we?

Got my first pop up ad. Welcome to the big time.
    Marti Mac

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    ...and only so many people have the tolerance for a 3,000 word review of cheese sauce.
    I never read those.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by MMDisney View Post
    Got my first pop up ad. Welcome to the big time.
    I don't think there are any pop up ads?

they are two adchoices banners. One on top one on the side. Both are more prominent then your own book banner. I thought it may be good to swap position of one of them in this makes more financial sense for you?

they aren't bothersome on my laptop/pc including touch screen/tablet. I have Samsung note phone and keep clicking ad pages by error but that's not for your side specific. It's same with the dibbers unless I use their mobile version
    Last edited by Nia; 12-16-2015 at 12:32 AM.

I agree with the new design - very user friendly.

when you re size the browser the top panel wording disappears and isn't visible unless you hoover over it. It's tiny thing really

Last thing I will add - I have benefited from your book and your cheat sheets and blog posts and I sincerely hope that with the addition of ads it will make it viable for you to continue updating and keeping your awesome site.

I may start plugging the book/affiliate link in between the end of posts and the comments. We are still tweaking things as I went from Wordpress 2.something using the Thesis theme to the current version of Wordpress using the Genesis theme, which are completely different ways of doing it.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    No ads for me, at least here at work. I'm sure our base comm has ad blocker software on the proxy server.
    easywdw.jpg
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I don't either, but I have AdBlocker installed on my MacBook.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I do have ad blocker and no ads on my chrome but for the purpose of viewing the new website I checked chrome and internet explorer to

All free ad blockers I know of have the ability to access your data and I find myself lately tolerating ads more then the thought of some ad blocker company storing my credit card details.

the ad blocker blocks the actual ad but you can see the space where it would be if it wasn't blocked.

Ads can be annoying on touch screen as it's easy to click by error but I still don't fancy the idea of ad blocker software accessing my data or having to remember to disable it.

And as they state in the link - you block the ads, you don't support the website provider and if it's MSN page who cares but for smaller website it can make difference.

dawn
    I am a fan of the new site, on my computer it is larger/more crisp?...anyway, I want to be sure I am not missing anything, and I am blog illiterate so bare with me please. If I am 'home' I see the column on the left which lists all the new posts correct? and the newest posts are the main information with titles and photos and to continue reading .. SO how is it that I check every day (almost) and then there is something on the left that I didn't see/read yet? like today it was 'surprise openings at Epcot' I had been on and not seen this post...is this because it is under "Disney news?"..please tell me the best way to be sure I don't miss anything I am a Joshaholic and love your snarky, 3000 word cheese sauce reviews!