Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems with the new layout?

worked amazing on the mobile site last night and so far today I love it on the desktop as well. one thing I just noticed - on the blue tab for crowd calendars, only Dec 2015-June 2016 are available. On the orange tab - they're all there. It's not so much an error as a thought to say you 7,000 emails asking where the rest of the crowd calendars are that you put them all in the blue tab too.
    Question: easywdw.com/waits is still available (yay!) will that continue to be available now that you have wait times for each park under their tabs and now that there's a wait times page too? just want to know where to go for them :)

someone commented above about dating info so that they know what they're looking at is current. I just quickly was looking at Crepes des Chef de France and it says you wrote it in 2012, updated it in September 2015. Now I know, and most of the people here know, that the menus just don't change all that often, in fact I think QS and TS change at a very specific time. Maybe it's worth a tiny blurb about that so that if someone's reading this in July 2016 they know that the latest update in September 2015 is in fact that most current info.

maybe villa's should be on top since it's most expensive to least - sorta looks like villas are the least expensive option under the resorts tab

maybe instead of Quick Service and Restaurants - Quick Service and Full Service. QS is still a restaurant in most cases.

looks fantastic though, very user friendly and the only thing I don't like about it is the link to the forums is so obvious now. I liked being hidden in the rocks glass :)
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

I don't like changes. Please go back to old version
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    I like it! And I'm absolutely giddy to see that you're finally on Facebook!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    First the Poly waterfall, now this!

I'm OK with the new layout. Just don't do one of those "clickbait" things for your tour plans: Page 1/35, 2/35, 3/35, etc.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Using IE11 here at work, the RESORTS menu entry still scrolls to a new line:
    easyIE.jpg

Using Firefox, there is no menu scrolling:
    easyFF.jpg

It might be something with the whacked out settings they've implemented using group policy (this is a government network after all - nothing works like it should), so it'd be interesting to see if other IE11 users have a similar issue.
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

Just noticed the link on the MK tour plan testing post has a link to a Garden Grill review that links to the wrong post. I'm sure anyone really wanting to read that review can find it another way though.

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    I don't like changes. Please go back to old version
    It's kinda like switching from DOS to Windows. Who needs all these easy to click icons? "C:/" was so much better. :)
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmilz View Post
    easyIE.jpg

It might be something with the whacked out settings they've implemented using group policy (this is a government network after all - nothing works like it should), so it'd be interesting to see if other IE11 users have a similar issue.
    I have IE11 at work as well, and I too am getting Resorts on a new line.
    Chrome on the same computer does NOT.

When you open up a website in Internet Explorer it doesn't just automatically say to use literally any other web browser including netscape circa 1997? I'll take a look at it otherwise.

Some of the links are still not resolving correctly. I doubt anyone will remember to do this, but if you see a link like:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/garden-grill-review-new-liberty-inn-items-holiday-decorations-part-1-epcot-112014/

You can delete the /uncategorized/ and replace it with /easy/blog so it becomes:

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/garden-grill-review-new-liberty-inn-items-holiday-decorations-part-1-epcot-112014/

I would not expect anybody to actually do this, but if you're desperate... You can also search for the title of the post and it would come up. Hopefully these problems will otherwise be resolved in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    There's going to be a big ass ad there once I can figure out how to add one.
    It's there! But it's not all that big ;)

I hope this means you're able to afford that Poly Bungalow now - you deserve it!

Josh, I just noticed on the mobile version (not sure about desktop or if it would be any different) that on the "Villas" page, when you click "read more" it takes you to the DVC Magic Resale site rather than your review. You have to click on the title of the review to get to the review. I'm not sure (and don't really think) that you intended to have a disguised link that takes you to a sponsor without notice. I think the problem is that your link falls in the middle of a sentence where you say:

This review is sponsored by DVC Magic Resales at [Read more...]

The next thing in the body of the review is the websit address for DVC Magic Resales.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by stevenmilz View Post
    easyIE.jpg
    I am seeing the same issue at times without using IE11, I am on Chrome. By making my window a little smaller the issue goes away as it changes to the mobile version, as I make my window a little larger the issue goes away as the word Resorts fits on the same line.

It looks like this isn't just IE11, and really is a screen width/size topic where it doesn't all fit, and IE11 must render something differently where it shows up at more (all?) sizes. (Josh- This related to what I emailed you about, it looks like the breakpoint for the Responsive Mobile version isn't quite at the right spot)

By the way, the official browser at my work is IE11 also. I typically use whatever I want, but there are a few applications that don't work right in other browsers so I am stuck on those.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

One more suggestion, now that the ads are there on the top and right side... the ad on the right is pushing the orange buttons down off the bottom of the screen, maybe swap the position of those 2 things to keep the buttons up at the top?
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

FWIW it looks perfect on chrome and the ads are targeted at me

on E there's no logo and the ads are disney and universal

the November posts are at the bottom on the page instead of on the left column
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

JulieHFJ
    What's up with the reading time widget? I can't imagine that anyone who follows your posts decides whether or not to read something based on that.
    Last edited by JulieHFJ; 12-16-2015 at 11:30 PM.

It seems like a pretty easy thing to ignore.

JulieHFJ
    Sure, of course. I just found it curious.

Not sure if this was on purpose or not, but the new posts are not showing up on my RSS feed. I use Feedly. I *think* some people don't like rss because it doesn't track traffic, but I'm pretty sure the old site always prompted me to go to your page to read the entire post, so I'd think it would still track traffic.

I kinda like the reading time actually.
    Micah

MousePerks

I don't know anything about RSS, but this should work: http://www.easywdw.com/easy/feed/ You might have to delete the old one or something.

waiting for a street car
    What happened to the month by month overview of when to visit? The link on the April page just takes me to the current blog page.

http://www.easywdw.com/easy/disneybe...eather-events/

I've been meaning to add it to the drop down menu.

That worked. Thanks

I miss the drink in your logo.

Not helpful. I know.
    Last edited by geek1997; 12-22-2015 at 01:08 PM.

This is not a "problem" per se.

You know how when you bookmark a page, a little icon exists in the bookmark list? On both Chrome and Firefox, the website's icon is currently a black circle with a "G" in it.

Here it is on the tab also:
    Capture.JPG

Not exactly earth-shattering, I realize.