Thread: "Low hanging fruit" character meets at MK

"Low hanging fruit" character meets at MK

We are doing a condensed 5 day trip this March. Last year's trip was heavy on character meets and meals. This trip we are doing no character meals and the only FP+ for characters I'm planning is at Epcot - character spot and ETWB. Girls will be 5 and 8.

Who are a few relatively easy characters we can see in each park? Would these work with relatively low waits? Any I'm missing?

MK (CL6, most recommended) - somewhere in the 3:30-5:30pm range
    Tiana in Liberty Square and Mary Poppins/Snow White and/or Sleeping Beauty near the exit.

AK - ? Maybe Adventurers outpost near closing time? Donald maybe or Baloo?

EP - Tigger and Pooh in UK (plus character spot FP+)

DHS - our strategy here is uncommon. We have nothing we want to RD so thinking of doing Star Tours twice and then meeting Chinese Theater characters and Disney Jr. Characters until time for the 10am VOTLM, followed by TSMM FP+.

Advice, tips?

Oh, and we are doing Aladdin/Jasmine in Adventureland but will be relatively early in the am so hopefully a short wait.

Epcot has a lot of choices for meeting characters. I would look there for Mary Poppins, Alice, Mulan, Aurora, Etc. We found it worked best for one adult to wait in line and then the other headed to the next meet about 30 min before it started. That way we just hopped from spot to spot and got all characters done relatively easy. And the meeting area for Aladdin and Jasmine in Morocco is really neat and indoors.

Last week I saw Mary Poppins meeting in the new wishes fp astroturf area in front of Casey's corner and not in the usual spot at the entrace/base of mainstreet. No idea if this was a one time thing or if regular spot has moved.

AK - The characters at Conservation Station

We loved meeting Pocahontas in AK (Discovery Island Trails) and the Monsters (Sulley and Mike) at HS. Neither was a very long wait at all.

However, Tinkerbell at MK was amazing, and doesn't seem to have very long wait times at all. Love her magical garden.

We met Daisy and Minnie with little wait and Donald and Goofy with no wait in New Fantasyland in June.
    June 2011 Poly, May 2013 POR, June 2015 CBR, June 2017 POR, March 2018 CSR, June 2018 POR

Agree with Tink at MK - very cool garden and getting shrunk with pixie dust before.

Merida was also great,but you need to go early in the morning. Her line opens at 9:30 and fills quickly.

Chip and Dale in Epcot were hilarious. They were on the 'back' side of the Character Spot. Outside, sort of across from where the FP+ kiosk is located on Josh's Epcot map.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Last week I saw Mary Poppins meeting in the new wishes fp astroturf area in front of Casey's corner and not in the usual spot at the entrace/base of mainstreet. No idea if this was a one time thing or if regular spot has moved.
    This is where she was the weekend before Thanksgiving too. She didn't have much of a wait either when we passed by in the morning so we jumped in line.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century

Honestly we rarely plan meets and kind of just scope them out as we pass by. If a line is short we jump in. (We hit the main characters in character meals though so that does make it a bit easier) But have had tons of luck just knowing where they were.

I print out the maps from Kenny the Pirate then note some times for the characters that would be great to meet if short waits.

Last trip we found the following with no waits...

MK - Mary Poppins (this was first thing in the morning) then right after found Rafiki with no wait. Fairy Godmother right prior to the 3pm parade as we were heading that way to find a spot for the parade. The trip prior we just came up on Tiana with no wait.

AK - This trip we found Russell and Dug with no wait. I have always found AK to have some great meets. The year prior we loved Baloo and King Louie.

Epcot - You noted Pooh and Tigger which is one of our favorites and rarely has any type of wait. This trip my husband just happened to come on Alice and Donald with no wait. I think he came close to the end of each of these meets. I waited in Belle and they came over and met me to avoid a wait while I enjoyed my Orange Slush. Epcot is one of the best places for meets as you can just kind of wander around and find them.

HS - Both trips we found the main characters up front had decent waits, but we would split up to make it easier. Mike and Sulley had no real line though in the back. I have heard Sorcerer Mickey has had low waits as he is kind of hidden in his current spot.
    Jessica

DS (8) and DS (6)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century
    June 2019: The Grove
    September 2019: Pop Century