Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 'Ohana for me and a 5 year old for dinner?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    192

    'Ohana for me and a 5 year old for dinner?

    The menu looks good to me- how do kids like the dinner and menu? And is it $80 good?

  2. #2
    makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Posts
    1,402
    My kids just like the noodles, but you can order a typical kids menu meal and they will bring it-no problem.
    Rhonda (obviously)

    2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp


    Our August 2011 Trip Report

  3. #3
    Senior Member Micah008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,387
    My kids loved the grilled cheese there. They tried a few of the other things first, but then we ordered a grilled cheese and they thought it was the best meal of the trip.
    Micah

    MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    My kids loved the grilled cheese there. They tried a few of the other things first, but then we ordered a grilled cheese and they thought it was the best meal of the trip.
    The prices are the same regardless, though? I'm just trying to figure out if it's "worth" about $80 for me and a 5 year old. I thought it'd be nice to do after a long-ish day at Animal Kingdom.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Micah008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenae View Post
    The prices are the same regardless, though? I'm just trying to figure out if it's "worth" about $80 for me and a 5 year old. I thought it'd be nice to do after a long-ish day at Animal Kingdom.
    Yeah, the prices don't change. So it would be a $20+ grilled cheese.

    We wanted to have the kids enjoy what they were getting, and figured that part of the price is for the 'entertainment' anyway, which was fun for them too.
    Micah

    MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Yeah, the prices don't change. So it would be a $20+ grilled cheese.

    We wanted to have the kids enjoy what they were getting, and figured that part of the price is for the 'entertainment' anyway, which was fun for them too.
    My ADR is for Tuesday, so I have time to think about it. I'd like to try the food, but for $80 or so for the both of us is crazy I guess when he probably will eat one shrimp and a grilled cheese. We could go out somewhere for great food for that price. I'm not so sure about the "entertainment"- is it something a 5 year old would be really interested in?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Micah008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,387
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenae View Post
    My ADR is for Tuesday, so I have time to think about it. I'd like to try the food, but for $80 or so for the both of us is crazy I guess when he probably will eat one shrimp and a grilled cheese. We could go out somewhere for great food for that price. I'm not so sure about the "entertainment"- is it something a 5 year old would be really interested in?
    We really did enjoy it, but haven't been back because it just isn't a good value for us, especially since we don't eat a lot. For that amount of money there are many other things we can do for 4 of us. (Our plan for the next trip is Flying Fish for the adults, and a Children's Activity Center for the kids, which they love)

    Most 5 year old kids would enjoy it, with hula lessons coconut races, etc. I would recommend finding a video on YouTube to see if it looks fun for your child, then you can decide if it is "worth it" for you. One of my kids was more interested than the other.
    Micah

    MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

  8. #8
    Senior Member Micah008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,387
    Micah

    MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula
    Posts
    192
    Thank you!

    he looked at that with wide eyes. When I said, "Does that look like fun?" he said, "NO!"

    I think we'll cancel................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •