Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FastPass Policy Change.

FastPass Policy Change.

Hi all - We're at MK tonight, using FPs before the parade. We went onto Peter Pan's flight with FPs return time marked 3:45 to 4:45. The CM stopped me and said she has received definitive word that FP return times will soon be enforced - no exact date, but a mass email will go out and it would take effect immediately. So, be forewarned. I just hope it doesn't happen before our 2nd HS day this Friday!
    Abby - I have kids.

Fireflies
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbyar View Post
    Hi all - We're at MK tonight, using FPs before the parade. We went onto Peter Pan's flight with FPs return time marked 3:45 to 4:45. The CM stopped me and said she has received definitive word that FP return times will soon be enforced - no exact date, but a mass email will go out and it would take effect immediately. So, be forewarned. I just hope it doesn't happen before our 2nd HS day this Friday!
    I hope not. It wouldn't even be worth it to me most of the time because I'd have to constantly be looking at my watch and doubling back through the park. I hope it's not by December.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    I'm not sure I'd put a lot of stock in what one CM said.
    I would be very very surprised if what she told you was accurate - would not be the first time a CM took it upon themselves to announce a "policy change" such as this.
    If there really was any truth to it it would be all over the Disney internet by now. A quick peek at the DIS tells me it is not.

There is definitely "something" going on because there's too many reports just like Abby's (Christine - there are quite a few reports and threads saying the same quote from the CMs - Josh has even chimed in on some of them). But that said, not something I'm going to worry about it until they actually decide to change the current policy. And so far they have not.

As to "soon" - I wouldn't hold my breath.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Peanut butter is yummy.
    There is definitely "something" going on because there's too many reports just like Abby's (Christine - there are quite a few reports and threads saying the same quote from the CMs
    Vicki- got links?
    I'm not really seeing a lot of hoopla about it- DIS has a short FP thread on page 1-but nothing like what the above CM said

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I think it was Aug/Sept the last time a CM said pretty much the exact same thing. You may have to go back a bt.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

living life to its fullest 3Caballeros's Avatar
    If it is true, I'll be crushed !

Why would they do such a thing ? Does it hurt anyone for people to stagger their return time instead of flocking all at once to the attraction ? I see no benefit to the potential crack down.

I wonder if this will coincide in some way with the new "book your ride in advance" plan I read something about?

what do we do when we're there?
    How would they continue to honor FP's that are unuseable during a ride down for mechanical/technical difficulties? I am sure that they are aware people are using this stragety, but they seem to have handled any shift in use for years. Now the whole book your ride in advance is scary to me (and seems prone to a variety of problems)...but change will come(someday) I am sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by off2neverland View Post
    Vicki- got links?
    I'm not really seeing a lot of hoopla about it- DIS has a short FP thread on page 1-but nothing like what the above CM said
    I don't have any anymore, but there have been at least 4-5 threads started on this I would guess -- independently -- where someone came back or reported from the park that they heard the exact same words. You have just missed all the hoopla - there has been a ton! That thread on the first page (it's a 50 page thread I think) you are seeing came about in response to all those other rumor-y / first hand report threads.

Although I still stand by my current feelings - I don't like the sounds of it (and it does seem to be somehow tied to the NGEN FP stuff they've been talking about) but I'm not going to sweat it until it actually happens.

PS - those threads I'm referring to and those reports have been appropriately "pooh-pooh'd" by the DIS unofficial powers that be. Sometimes even me probably (not a power that be). However, I've now seen enough of them that I'd think there might be something to it, but I've refrained from offering that opinion over there.

And there is one poster on the boards whose daughter is a CM at Soarin' and she says her daughter knows nothing about this at all. So I do try to hang on to that glimmer of hope that it's all just rumors and rogue cast members (apparently there a few peaches - one at the Safari in particular).

As it stands - no one knows anything, and they haven't changed the policy, but it sounds like you might hear more comments than in the past when using your late FPs. Just brush them off and continue with your day.

For what it's worth, we were told the same thing today at Kilimanjaro Safari. We were using FPs for 9:40-10:40 at about 1:45. The CM said something like "I'll allow you on, but just so you know, Disney is going to change the policy so you can't use FastPasses this late."

On the bright side, the ride had maybe a 7 minute standby wait, and the FP only made it ... 6? It was a good day to be at AK!

Quote Originally Posted by Eticket View Post
    For what it's worth, we were told the same thing today at Kilimanjaro Safari. We were using FPs for 9:40-10:40 at about 1:45. The CM said something like "I'll allow you on, but just so you know, Disney is going to change the policy so you can't use FastPasses this late."

On the bright side, the ride had maybe a 7 minute standby wait, and the FP only made it ... 6? It was a good day to be at AK!
    LOL - see what did I say? Kilimanjaro Safari! Was it an older (and no, I don't know how old - she could be 45 like me!) woman?

Oh-- Looks like Vicki already is will aware of my new friend the CM at Safari!

No, it was a man, maybe 35.

We had the same issue in late September at the Safari (male cast member in his 20's). We had one or two other cast members gripe about our returning after the window in MK (I am pretty certain one was at Peter Pan).

I actually had a client there email and tell me that they were told by a CM
    that they were not going to Be issuing Fps in the near future.
    Somethings going on.
    But-- 'something' could be a lot of things!

selling josh for fastpasses Jenny's Avatar
    I will not get wound up about this until it happens! I will not!

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    I will not get wound up about this until it happens! I will not!
    Too late for me. I am already thinking and getting wound up about how the heck to even make tour plans incorporating FP's with returning during the time window. What if the window is during a meal,show or break? The thought of having to traipse across to the other side of the park to use the FP during it's time window isn't appealing. I guess we wait and see what happens.

I wonder if the "book your ride" will be like the ADR system and you start booking rides 180 days in advance?

Ann

I'm scared
    Selena
    Mom to 3 little princesses
    1st Trip to WDW - March 2009 to celebrate a 5th birthday
    2nd Trip to WDW - May 2012 to celebrate a 5th birthday
    I can only assume that trip #3 will be Jan 2015 (you guessed it, 5th birthday)

I'll try. May is just a long time away...
    Selena
    Mom to 3 little princesses
    1st Trip to WDW - March 2009 to celebrate a 5th birthday
    2nd Trip to WDW - May 2012 to celebrate a 5th birthday
    I can only assume that trip #3 will be Jan 2015 (you guessed it, 5th birthday)

I asked the CM a Mickey last night. She said she's heard rumors but since Mickey rarely runs out of FPs she doubts anything will happen there. I have noticed more FP monitoring of timing (giving out the necklace timers to FP users) so something is going on. Maybe they'll change the windows for more popular vs less popular rides? only time will tell.
    Abby - I have kids.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mousehelper View Post
    I actually had a client there email and tell me that they were told by a CM
    that they were not going to Be issuing Fps in the near future.
    I don't believe this one bit. The FP system is meant to keep people out of lines, and free to buy food and merchandise. Unless they meant the FP system as we know it was going away, to be replaced by a similar system with a different name but the same aim (to keep people out of lines and free to buy food and merchandise).

For crying out loud, look at the FP system they'll be implementing for the double Dumbos. It's a timed return type thing, but it's still a FastPass.

They're not doing away with them.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Fireflies
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbyar View Post
    I asked the CM a Mickey last night. She said she's heard rumors but since Mickey rarely runs out of FPs she doubts anything will happen there. I have noticed more FP monitoring of timing (giving out the necklace timers to FP users) so something is going on. Maybe they'll change the windows for more popular vs less popular rides? only time will tell.
    I had to be the one to hang onto one of those necklace timers at Space Mountain in mid-Sept. I have absolutely no idea how to plan a day if I can't have more freedom in it. If I use the timeframe and it's, say, 2 hours away, then I'll either have to hang out in the same area for 2 hours or I'll end up doubling back. I was on just about every ride at MK and Epcot last month and no one ever said anything to me. A little nervous here!