Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RunDisney Team easyWDW

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Oct: Marine Corps Marathon, Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
    I just signed up for the MCM 10k looking forward to it. I've run a lot of smaller races but I'm hoping this gives me some experience with a bigger, more crowded race prior to the WDW Half in January.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    Come up to Philly in '16!! It's later this year (end of Oct) because of the Pope's visit. I'm guessing it will be back to Sept in '16...
    That sounds awesome. Philly is about 4 hours from me, not too bad.
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    that sounds awesome. Philly is about 4 hours from me, not too bad.
    yes!

I'm running the glass slipper challenge in February- my first rundisney race :). My 11 year old daughter will run the 10K with me. I need to ramp up the training as I haven't been running much lately and just struggled through a 5K this weekend (but I finished it and ran the whole time). I have done about 6 half marathons, 10 long distance relays (most Ragnars), and several shorter races since I started running 5 years ago. I'm running Ragnar Adirondacks in September. I need to find a local, flat 10 K to submit for the half marathon pacing... Also, I'm still working on a plan as to where we will stay and which parks we will go to when, but races are entered and airline tickets are booked!

I'll be doing the Dumbo Double Dare in less than six weeks! My fourth half, third 10k and first challenge. Training has been um, interesting as I was out of commission & in a boot until late June. I've been walking since then & can finally start up my running intervals again tomorrow. After that I'll be taking a runDisney break as I'm trying to save up for a move. Good luck to all those training!

I did the DC RNR this year (2015) in the freezing pouring rain. OMG it was really awful!

I'm running the Army 10 miler in October in DC, hopefully the Jazz Half Marathon in NOLA halloween weekend. (my training calls for a half that weekend, I've never been and I have good friends who just moved there!)

Disney Marathon!!! My first full! I'm staying at Summer Bay bc we have what is essentially a free stay bc we have points with RCI. It's an adult only trip and my husband and our best friends are coming with us :) :)

I just submitted my time for corrals for the marathon. We had to use at least a half as our time. I've run races in the last corral. It's fine! You'll start last but from what I see the min pace is very generous if you plan to run the whole thing.
    Offsite Jan 2016 Disney Marathon, Art of Animation and Bonnet Creek Fall 2015, Contemporary and Bonnet Creek Fall 2014, offsite November 2007 Universal Studios, offsite December 2006: Epcot only, Port Orleans French Quarter May 1999, Ft Wilderness Campsite July 1998

Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post

24ish weeks to race, Im in full train mode because I have lots of work to do. EasyWDW tanks or headbands in the works? Might be fun. Thoughts on park touring the day before (half day only), or will that be bad news for race day. I work on my feet (Pharmacist) so I know under regular conditions I can stand and run in the same day, but this is a whole new ballgame for me!

One more question, we dont (and wont) have current race times to submit, so Im assuming we will be in the last corral? Does this mean anything. Obviously no cushion for the pace time, but we wont be disqualified before it even begins will we? Anything special anyone can tell us about the course that will help with training?

This was a very unorganized post- sorry. Thanks for the information!!
    I had a great experience after my half marathon and would have been able to go park touring before and after. It all depends on your training. To really know you just have to do it though. You have plenty of time to work up to the full distance and then you can evaluate if you'll be able to walk haha. I just ran 10 miles yesterday at what will be my pace for the full and have absolutely no pain whatsoever but everyone is different. I'm scared I'll be in pain after the full but the way I look at it, it's good for you to "walk it out" instead of just sit around. With proper gear I don't find that my feet are all that sore and I wear lace up shoes usually in the park to prevent my feet from fatigue. So I'd say make sure you wear comfy shoes before and after your race and make sure you don't give yourself blisters before you even start.
    Offsite Jan 2016 Disney Marathon, Art of Animation and Bonnet Creek Fall 2015, Contemporary and Bonnet Creek Fall 2014, offsite November 2007 Universal Studios, offsite December 2006: Epcot only, Port Orleans French Quarter May 1999, Ft Wilderness Campsite July 1998

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
    One more question, we dont (and wont) have current race times to submit, so Im assuming we will be in the last corral? Does this mean anything. Obviously no cushion for the pace time, but we wont be disqualified before it even begins will we? Anything special anyone can tell us about the course that will help with training?
    Do ANYTHING you can to get a 10K or Half time you can submit for Proof of Time. Your first few miles could be incredibly unenjoyable otherwise. I cannot stress enough the different experience you'll have being just a few corrals further up. You may not be able to stop for any characters starting from the back. Lines will be SO long you'll have almost no cushion. Depending upon your current level of fitness and/or training plan, you should be able to find a 10K to run before the cutoff.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I know it may be a little early in the game to bring this up (but we're planners, right?). It looks as though there are more than a few folks who will be at Marathon weekend. If anyone plans to run a MM share or needs a participant for a share around that time, count me in. We did MM on our last trip in Oct. but we are looking to keep costs down for this trip and I'd love to get in a share for that time.

My wife and I are running the Jingle Jungle 5K during the Wine and Dine Weekend, and my son is running the kids' 1-miler! First Disney race for all of us. Running a 5K in Tampa a few weeks before as well (Tampa Bay Buccaneers "Treasure Chests" 5K for breast cancer).

Quote Originally Posted by lisa52 View Post
    I'm currently signed up for the Walt Disney World 5K and 10K, and the Princess 5K. I wanted to do the Enchanted 10K, but $$$. I'm missing the Jingle Jungle 5K for the first time in 4 years because I missed the AP sign up and the general registration sold out too fast. I'm hoping I can buy a bib off someone when it gets closer to race time.
    Any tips/thoughts on the Jingle Jungle 5K? As I just mentioned, my wife and I are running it this year for the first time.

Do ANYTHING you can to get a 10K or Half time you can submit for Proof of Time. Your first few miles could be incredibly unenjoyable otherwise. I cannot stress enough the different experience you'll have being just a few corrals further up. You may not be able to stop for any characters starting from the back. Lines will be SO long you'll have almost no cushion. Depending upon your current level of fitness and/or training plan, you should be able to find a 10K to run before the cutoff.
    Thanks for this. My hometown has a half in September, but Im just not going to be ready and dont want to injure myself trying to strive for that. I wasnt aware a 10K counted for a time. Im going to look into that! We would both (my sister and I) have to submit a time to be in a further up coral, correct? If we wanted to start together. Its more challenging because she lives in Switzerland for 8 months of the year, and is only going to be here for Christmas and the marathon weekend. Maybe they do 10Ks in Switzerland?! Thanks for the info.

To clarify, without a time we can expect to be in the last coral? That is what my assumptions have been, anyways

I love how many runners are on this site!!
    Tricia

I'm doing a half in New Orleans on Halloween. Thinking about dressing up as Mrs. Incredible...
    Brandi

My friend and I have decided to be Ariel and Ursula for the run Disney race. I've always loved Ursula so I'm pumped to make a costume. I'm thinking of writing "poor unfortunately souls 13.1" on the back of my top.
    Tricia

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    My friend and I have decided to be Ariel and Ursula for the run Disney race. I've always loved Ursula so I'm pumped to make a costume. I'm thinking of writing "poor unfortunately souls 13.1" on the back of my top.
    Don't you mean "poor unfortunate soles 13.1"

Thanks so much for that info. Unfortunately DH is having a real hard time finding a race from which he can submit proof of time. For the marathon, don't you have to have a 10 mile of longer? I'll definitely tell him what you said-maybe that will encourage him to look harder.

Quote Originally Posted by kgillen View Post
    Don't you mean "poor unfortunate soles 13.1"
    You are so clever!! THANK YOU!!
    Tricia

Have any of the runDisney vets done the Pasta in the Park? Debating if we should spring for another "why not."
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller

WDW: 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2016
    DLP: 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise 2018

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I have not but I know a lot of people who have gone once and never wanted to return. Doesn't seem a fair value for the money, and you end up staying out too late with a 2:30am wake up call the next morning.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I've never attended and have not been interested. It seems like it be chaotic, and I agree that its later then I'd want to eat. and be out.
    Tricia

Valid points...save the money for something else.
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it." -- Ferris Bueller

WDW: 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2013, 2016
    DLP: 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017
    Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise 2018

I'm running the Princess Half. I have started training but have figured out I need to get new shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan6698 View Post
    I'm running the Princess Half. I have started training but have figured out I need to get new shoes.
    I'm all about the shoes. I finally settled on mine.uploadfromtaptalk1438124286549.jpg
    Oct 2009 - Off-site | Aug 2014 - Pop! | Sept 2015 - POR!! |Feb 2016 - Pop! *Girl's Trip* | Feb 2018 - POFQ? *Sibling trip*

Cute shoes! Were you fitted and that's how you chose them?