Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 326

Thread: RunDisney Team easyWDW

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Member Mrs Darling's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,132

    RunDisney Team easyWDW

    Starting a new thread for as an ongoing place to talk runDisney, training and racing in general.
    Please don your official Team easyWDW Polo shirt and proceed to the starting line.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mrs Darling's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,132
    I'm currently training for a local half in Sept. And the Wine& Dine in Nov for my first coast to coast medal.
    I had a great time running the Tink half in May and the Neverland family 5k with my DH and DD11 & DD9

    Whats everyone else training for?

  3. #3
    Senior Member sheilashoelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,079
    I was just cleared by my doctor to start running/working out again after a medical hiatus for over a year, and I am SO excited. I'm to use a couch to 5k program just to get myself back into it, but I need to get some new running shoes first. Yay!
    Oct 2009 - Off-site | Aug 2014 - Pop! | Sept 2015 - POR!! |Feb 2016 - Pop! *Girl's Trip* | Feb 2018 - POFQ? *Sibling trip*

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mrs Darling's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by sheilashoelady View Post
    I was just cleared by my doctor to start running/working out again after a medical hiatus for over a year, and I am SO excited. I'm to use a couch to 5k program just to get myself back into it, but I need to get some new running shoes first. Yay!
    Yay! My favorite part of the training cycle - the part where you shop for shoes!!

    Keep us posted. My husband just started a cto5k last week too. So far so good

  5. #5
    Senior Member sheilashoelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Darling View Post
    Yay! My favorite part of the training cycle - the part where you shop for shoes!!

    Keep us posted. My husband just started a cto5k last week too. So far so good
    I work in a shoe store, so the shopping is a daily thing for me, lol. I just can't commit to a pair because I have a weird gait if the drop on the shoe is too high. I think I have it narrowed down to 2 pairs though!
    Oct 2009 - Off-site | Aug 2014 - Pop! | Sept 2015 - POR!! |Feb 2016 - Pop! *Girl's Trip* | Feb 2018 - POFQ? *Sibling trip*

  6. #6
    Senior Member pharmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    209
    My sister and I are running the WDW half marathon in January. Anyone else signed up for this one?

  7. #7
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
    My sister and I are running the WDW half marathon in January. Anyone else signed up for this one?
    I'll be there!
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  8. #8
    Senior Member simbasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas/Mexico Border
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
    My sister and I are running the WDW half marathon in January. Anyone else signed up for this one?
    DH is a Dopey runner (in more ways than one!), so he'll be doing the half. He's being called Dopey by a lot of people because he just retired last year, and with his much increased free time, he's now training for the Dopey (at age 64). He wanted to do it for years, but never felt he had the time to train properly. So his former co-workers call him Dopey for spending his retirement this way.

  9. #9
    Senior Member kgillen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    236
    I'll be running the half in January!

  10. #10
    Senior Member abfallas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    299
    I'm training for Wine & Dine - SOOOO excited!!!
    ~Ana~

    Follow me on Twitter @abfallas

    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. " ~ Mark Twain

  11. #11
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    There's a Fitness Thread in Chit Chat, which hasn't been super active lately (but there's no WDW race until November): http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ight=runDisney

    And if you search the forums for "runDisney" you'll find a lot of threads for individual race weekends.

    I've got a full schedule come fall/winter
    Sept: Rochester Marathon, Bird-In-Hand Half Marathon
    Oct: Marine Corps Marathon, Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
    Nov: Wine & Dine Half Marathon
    Jan: Dopey Challenge

    I'llbe running almost all of those for fun with Team Shenanigans, with lots of picture stops and hopefully beer! :D
    Last edited by DopeyRunr; 07-26-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  12. #12
    Senior Member BeckyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post

    Oct: Marine Corps Marathon, Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
    I'm planning on RnR in Philly in '16, will you be back next year??

  13. #13
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckyW View Post
    I'm planning on RnR in Philly in '16, will you be back next year??
    Not sure - this will be my first Rock n Roll event. We ran Broad Street 10 Miler earlier this year and LOVED it, so it depends upon how RnR stacks up. It's also usually a different weekend than it is this year so that will factor in too.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  14. #14
    Senior Member BeckyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Not sure - this will be my first Rock n Roll event. We ran Broad Street 10 Miler earlier this year and LOVED it, so it depends upon how RnR stacks up. It's also usually a different weekend than it is this year so that will factor in too.
    I'm hoping to do both in '16, so I'd love to hear your feedback :)

  15. #15
    Senior Member kgillen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Oct: Marine Corps Marathon, Rock n Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon
    I just signed up for the MCM 10k looking forward to it. I've run a lot of smaller races but I'm hoping this gives me some experience with a bigger, more crowded race prior to the WDW Half in January.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post

    I've got a full schedule come fall/winter
    Sept: Rochester Marathon, :D
    I'm training for Rochester too! I have to do 19 miles in the morning. This will be my second full (five halfs). Planning on Disney full in January 2017!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Auto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
    My sister and I are running the WDW half marathon in January. Anyone else signed up for this one?
    My wife and I will be running this one to celebrate our 15th anniversary! Also it will be her first half.

  18. #18
    Senior Member pharmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    209
    How exciting! Where are you all staying? I have an AP, so we are waiting to see what (if any) discounts are released. Its our first RunDisney event, any tips you all can offer? We did sign up for the race retreat package because why not. I think it will be worth the $120 if I can use a potty without a huge line pre-race? Is there a bag check, or do I need to carry everything on my person?

    24ish weeks to race, Im in full train mode because I have lots of work to do. EasyWDW tanks or headbands in the works? Might be fun. Thoughts on park touring the day before (half day only), or will that be bad news for race day. I work on my feet (Pharmacist) so I know under regular conditions I can stand and run in the same day, but this is a whole new ballgame for me!

    One more question, we dont (and wont) have current race times to submit, so Im assuming we will be in the last corral? Does this mean anything. Obviously no cushion for the pace time, but we wont be disqualified before it even begins will we? Anything special anyone can tell us about the course that will help with training?

    This was a very unorganized post- sorry. Thanks for the information!!

  19. #19
    Senior Member kgillen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post
    How exciting! Where are you all staying? I have an AP, so we are waiting to see what (if any) discounts are released. Its our first RunDisney event, any tips you all can offer? We did sign up for the race retreat package because why not. I think it will be worth the $120 if I can use a potty without a huge line pre-race? Is there a bag check, or do I need to carry everything on my person?

    24ish weeks to race, Im in full train mode because I have lots of work to do. EasyWDW tanks or headbands in the works? Might be fun. Thoughts on park touring the day before (half day only), or will that be bad news for race day. I work on my feet (Pharmacist) so I know under regular conditions I can stand and run in the same day, but this is a whole new ballgame for me!

    One more question, we dont (and wont) have current race times to submit, so Im assuming we will be in the last corral? Does this mean anything. Obviously no cushion for the pace time, but we wont be disqualified before it even begins will we? Anything special anyone can tell us about the course that will help with training?

    This was a very unorganized post- sorry. Thanks for the information!!
    I will be running the half in January too. It's also my first runDisney event. So I will be interested to see some of the responses you get. We are staying at POR and don't plan on touring the parks until the day after the half. I am bringing my family so we are intentionally not arriving until Friday. That way we don't have to hold the kids back from the parks except for the day of the race. I didn't submit a time at registration but I'm running a 10K in Charlotte next month and plan to submit that as my time. Good luck with your training!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    686
    This week, I was really getting nervous about whether or not I could really finish the full after running the previous 3 races. Last week, I ran a 5k followed by a 12 miler at 10:02/mile which was really good for me but then I couldn't run for 2 days and when I did run again, it was just some easy 3 milers. So this week, I hit it hard. Monday 5k, Tuesday 10k, Wednesday half at 2:25 and today I managed 17.5 miles averaging 11:40/mile. I'm proud and relieved Bc I think I found my confidence again. With that said, I need a new right leg. Having hamstring issues again and my knee and calf are now killing me. Praying I can get this hamstring thing under control. Other than that, not hurting all that bad anywhere else. Hope everyone else's training is going well!! 😀

  21. #21
    Senior Member IHearAllThingsDisney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    761
    Ooooo Oooo! I love this!

    I have really bad knees (really bad knee pain when I run) from natural hyperextension, super flexibility, years of Ballet and arthritis.. but... I have learned that with the proper strengthening, I might be able to run after all. So.. I've started my strengthening... and veryshort distances to get good form. I'm on a mission to to run the Goofy in 2018. You know... Go big or go home!

  22. #22
    Senior Member lovett1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    879
    I just registered for the Wine & Dine 10K!!! Anyone else going that weekend?
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

  23. #23
    the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    5,591
    Quote Originally Posted by lovett1979 View Post
    I just registered for the Wine & Dine 10K!!! Anyone else going that weekend?
    haha congrats! One of my work colleagues just told me this morning that she'll be running that race as her first runDisney event. New course, too!
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

  24. #24
    Senior Member lovett1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    haha congrats! One of my work colleagues just told me this morning that she'll be running that race as her first runDisney event. New course, too!
    The 10K? I don't think they've said anything about that course (I hope it includes running around WS, it looks like it did last year). They did announce yesterday that the 5K would be at Epcot and not AK. I was gonna do both races to get both parks, but decided just to do the 10K now.

    Also, hope she's registered, it's already sold out!
    Feb 2019-Festival of the Arts (POFQ); Nov 2018-40th Birthday Trip (Pop); Aug 2018-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil), Nov 2017-Wine & Dine 5K (Pop), Aug 2017-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); May 2017-Tinkerbell 10K (Disneyland); Novr 2016-Wine & Dine 10K (POFQ); Aug 2016-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Nov 2015-1st Solo Trip (All-Star Movies); Aug 2015-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil); Aug 2014-"Family" Trip (Parc Soleil)

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmer View Post

    24ish weeks to race, Im in full train mode because I have lots of work to do. EasyWDW tanks or headbands in the works? Might be fun. Thoughts on park touring the day before (half day only), or will that be bad news for race day. I work on my feet (Pharmacist) so I know under regular conditions I can stand and run in the same day, but this is a whole new ballgame for me!

    One more question, we dont (and wont) have current race times to submit, so Im assuming we will be in the last corral? Does this mean anything. Obviously no cushion for the pace time, but we wont be disqualified before it even begins will we? Anything special anyone can tell us about the course that will help with training?

    This was a very unorganized post- sorry. Thanks for the information!!
    I had a great experience after my half marathon and would have been able to go park touring before and after. It all depends on your training. To really know you just have to do it though. You have plenty of time to work up to the full distance and then you can evaluate if you'll be able to walk haha. I just ran 10 miles yesterday at what will be my pace for the full and have absolutely no pain whatsoever but everyone is different. I'm scared I'll be in pain after the full but the way I look at it, it's good for you to "walk it out" instead of just sit around. With proper gear I don't find that my feet are all that sore and I wear lace up shoes usually in the park to prevent my feet from fatigue. So I'd say make sure you wear comfy shoes before and after your race and make sure you don't give yourself blisters before you even start.
    Offsite Jan 2016 Disney Marathon, Art of Animation and Bonnet Creek Fall 2015, Contemporary and Bonnet Creek Fall 2014, offsite November 2007 Universal Studios, offsite December 2006: Epcot only, Port Orleans French Quarter May 1999, Ft Wilderness Campsite July 1998

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •