Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls Rule the World in May, 2015!!

Girls Rule the World in May, 2015!!

Hi all! I've decided to post my first trip report because I have found them so very helpful in the past and it seems like a fun way to help me remember what when well and what didn't.

The “girls” include:

• Me: the Disney loving planaholic
    • My 12 year old science geek niece, Heather
    • My dear sister in law (Heather's Mom) Jen.

Heather went to Magic Kingdom with her grandfather and three cousins a few years ago, but apparently Papa isn't much of a Disney pro because Heather said they rode a grand total of 4 rides and waited in line all day. The only good thing about hearing this report from my dear niece is that if I could manage even a slight improvement, I would be seen as a Disney World hero! Jen honestly couldn't remember the last time she came to WDW - during college, so a while ago for her! I've been a pretty frequent visitor over the last few years.

We live about a hour north of Atlanta and were originally planning to all ride down on Tuesday, but a work obligation come up at the last minute for Jen, so she decided to fly down on Wednesday evening.

So, as the only adult driver, I picked up Heather a little early from school on Tuesday, May 5thand we headed straight into the craziness that is Atlanta traffic!! Well, the traffic gods must have been with us because it wasn't that bad and we were south of ATL eating at Chick-Fil-A by 5pm. We drove to Ocala and stayed at a Comfort Suites there – checked in about 9:15. Heather's first magical surprise was a customized chocolate bar. She was so excited about it, you'd think she'd never had chocolate before! LOL I wish I had taken a picture of her face.
    IMG_2231.jpg

The next morning we had breakfast and then headed on down to our first stop: Magic Kingdom. After only afew tense moments, the parking attendant let me in for free by scanning my magic band! We were checking into Caribbean Beach resort later, but didn't stop there first.

We arrived at the front gate at about 9:30 and I was pleasantly surprise by how fast we were inside.
    MK_MSCONFEC_7299059074.jpg

It was a CL 3 day and we were able to do Buzz, Tomorrowland speedway and the Peoplemover before our FP+ time at Space Mountain.

DSC00900.jpg

Next stop was Dumbo and a little break to listen to the Main Street Philharmonic (Heather is learning to play the trumpet, so she loved it!)
    IMG_2239.jpg

We did the teacups and then it was time for our 7DMT FP+. I was more excited than Heather for this because on my last trip in early 2014 I had to watch them test run the trains but know that there was no chance I was riding it any time soon. Also, I'm a fan of all Disney movies and Heather really only seems to appreciate the most recent ones. Could have something to do with her being 12?? ;-) We loved the ride, of course!

At this point it was about 12:30, so we stopped for lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus and snagged a table over looking IASW. Sorry for the food in her mouth picture... did I mention that she just turned 12???
    IMG_2242.jpg

Our final FP+ was for Haunted Mansion and we did that next. Heather was really excited for this ride – it was one she had found doing research and specifically asked about – hence the use of a FP+ for a ride that shouldn't really need one. We stopped by the FP+ kiosk on the way to Frontierland and I was able to get POTC a little less than an hour into the future. We checked the wait times for Splash (40) and BTMRR (45) but Heather vetoed those waits and we did the Pirate Adventure thing instead. I had never done it before and it was an enjoyable way to waste some time. :)

Next, we rode POTC and then found a spot for the Pirate Tutorial. I had to go grab my first (and sadly it turned out to be the only) Dole Whip of the trip. Lots of fun at the tutorial, but it was hot and there was no way to be up front without standing out in the sun. A really neat thing I noticed though: A young lady in a wheel chair with some type of developmental and physical disability was waiting with her mother near the front line for a while. They got too hot and moved back near us in the shade. Well, Captain Jack was sneaking out right across from where we were waiting and he made a point to come close and bend over to give the disabled young lady a special wave. She was so excited – I think it made my day to see her reaction!

Anyway, our next stop was to wait for the FoF parade over near Pecos Bills. Heather didn't like the idea of waiting in the sun, so we found a shady spot and waited about 30 minutes for the parade to begin. I loved it and Heather seemed to at least enjoy it – again, she isn't a big fan of the“classic” movies, so she didn't seem to know all the characters. We hustled out after the parade and were walking toward the monorail when the parade was coming down main street. I looked at my phone to check the time as we sat down on the almost empty monorail – 3:33. My touring plan had us leaving at 3:30, so I was super excited to have had so much success on the first day.

Next up: checking into Caribbean Beach & then on to Epcot after a rest.
    Staci
    May 2015 TR
    - CBR with my teen niece - big kid focused trip.
    Universal October 2015 TR - Royal Pacific with my 16yo son.
    April 2016 TR Staying Offsite & using rider swaps: a young children focused trip.

Great start!

Wow what a cool aunt to take your niece.
    Marti Mac

Great start! And great Stitch shirt!

What a great 1st day! Can't wait to read more!
    Jenny
    March 2017 WDW Swan; October 2017 Grand Floridian; March 2018 AKL
    January 2015: Art of Animation ; May 2015 BWI; Nov 2015 Polynesian, W&D 1/2
    September 2014 BLT celebrating DS 3rd bday!
    January 2014: WDW 1/2 marathon/Beach Club
    October 2013: TOT 10 MILER/WL
    February 2013:POFQ (DS 1st trip!)
    May 2010: Dolphin
    Christmas 2009: offsite at Floridays

I am so glad you are doing this report! It will fill in the blanks after seeing your trip through the share pictures!
    Kim

This is great! You already beat the previous record of 4 rides!

I love to see people getting to spend special one on one time with their kids. I took my daughter alone last year and we are going again in December and I find while it can be challenging, it is also so much fun to have that special one on one time.
    Next trips -
    July 2019 - Mother/Daughter trip to Morocco and Paris - 1 day in Disneyland Paris
    December 2019 - Disney Magic - Dec 7-12

WDW -
    1993, 1997, 1998, 1999 (Cabins at Ft. Wilderness)
    9/2013 (POR)
    11/2014 (BWV)
    12/2015 (POP)
    9/2017 (CSR)
    8/2018 (POP)
    Disneyland - 2006, 2007, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Kasha View Post
    Great start! And great Stitch shirt!
    Thanks! I forgot to mention a funny thing that happened because of the shirt. While waiting for the parade a CM walked by and gave me a really exaggerated, "Hi!!!" I had completely forgotten what I was wearing, so I looked at the poor girl like she was crazy! She tilted her head with a funny look and and pointed to the shirt, so of course I had to "Hi!!!!" back! I felt silly, but it was a fun little moment. Really, great CMs do make Disney so special.
    Staci
    May 2015 TR
    April 2016 TR Staying Offsite & using rider swaps: a young children focused trip.

CBR & Epcot - finishing a great day one!

We left MK and headed to check in at CBR. I had signed up for the text message alert when the room was ready but it never came, so we found the Customs House. I have previously only stayed at Pop and offsite, so I was curious to see how a moderate compared. Because of Josh's review from a few months ago (more thanks to you, sir!) I requested building 45 or 46 in Jamaica with a corner room. We got 4652 on the 2nd floor and a corner room. :) So, I was generally happy with this. I didn't request 1st floor even though I knew there were no elevators because I thought I would never catch myself complaining about stairs... well, never say never!

Ironically, we got back in the car to go find the room and got a text message that our room was ready??

General thoughts on CBR: I was happy with the bigger size of the room and the queen beds and really thought the grounds were lovely. Also, we walked over to the pool / port royale area several times and it never seemed to take very long, so those buildings are in a great spot. Heather loved the main pool, but I really thought it looked much smaller in person that it seems in the various pictures I had seen. I picked CBR over CSR mainly because of the pirate themed pool, but I think it was a bit of a disappointment for me. Heather, though, thought it was fabulous, so that is really what matters the most. Here are a couple of pictures of the resort, I won't add many because I know you can find those anywhere!

DSC01080.jpg

DSC01088.jpg

Concerning bus service: we took the bus a few times and never had to wait more than 10 minutes, so I was very pleased. Going through all of those 7 bus stops didn't really bother us, either. We actually drove the car more than we took the bus and I think the resort is layed out very well for people who are driving. Much better than Pop, actually, where we always seemed to end up parking the car very far away from the room.

Ok, we ran into our first crisis of the trip when we got to CBR. Heather realized that she had not packed a swimsuit!! I couldn't believe it, but tried to hide my dismay because she ended up almost in tears over it and I didn't want to make her feel any worse. By this time it was about 4:15 or 4:30 and our main goal for the rest of the day was to swim and then get to Epcot in time to do Sum of All Thrills. I tried to figure out where the closest Target was, but ended up deciding to just go look for something at the resort store. While the selection was very limited, we did find a cute little blue tankini for only $45.. (Yes, that was sarcasm, but by the time I found the Target and drove there and back we would have never had time to swim!)

We swam for only a few minutes then headed to Epcot at about 5:30. We took a couple of pictures - a big theme of this trip was "Let's take a picture!" because of the wonderful Memory Maker share I was a part of! :) The one below is one of my favorites!

EPCOT_ECENTR1_7306147086.jpg

We found a FP+ kiosk and got a FP+ for Spaceship Earth and then found SOAT. We ended up only having to wait about 15 minutes until we got to the design area, then maybe another 15 to finish the "ride." Heather really loved this and having never done it myself, I was impressed. It was time for our SSE FP, so we did that. The FP+ was really not needed at this point, but it might have saved us 5 minutes.

Next, we did Nemo with no wait and Turtle Talk with very little wait time. By this time it was well after 7pm - what a great time to be in Future World!

So, another great bit of advice I got from this forum helped to get Heather an extra ride on Soarin. After I found out that Jen wasn't coming with us the first day, I switched her FP+ to Epcot. I just picked something random for the first two, but got her a FP for Soarin from 8-9pm. We brought her card and she kept her magic band. Heather and I waited together to ride Soarin the first time - it took about 40 minutes, but I was thrilled with that! We got out at 8:50 and I sent her back alone with Jen's FP. While I was waiting for her in the rider swap area, I got a text from Jen that she was on the Magical Express on her way to CBR.

We walked out of an almost empty park and drove back to the resort and met up with Jen.

Overall, a great start to the trip! :)
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Just joining in, great first day!! You covered a lot of ground. I think its pretty cool that you were flexible to do what your niece wanted to do and make it a great day for her. What a super aunt :) :)
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia

Only $45?!? At least they had a suit. Sometimes convenience is worth the money spent. I sometimes forget that, but it really is true!

You had a great first day! Good job planning.
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by beachta1 View Post
    Just joining in, great first day!! You covered a lot of ground. I think its pretty cool that you were flexible to do what your niece wanted to do and make it a great day for her. What a super aunt :) :)
    Thanks, Tricia! I really wanted this trip to be pretty much what Heather wanted to do and it worked out pretty well! Thanks for following along! :)
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Fun report!
    Brandi

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryTink View Post
    Thanks! I forgot to mention a funny thing that happened because of the shirt. While waiting for the parade a CM walked by and gave me a really exaggerated, "Hi!!!" I had completely forgotten what I was wearing, so I looked at the poor girl like she was crazy! She tilted her head with a funny look and and pointed to the shirt, so of course I had to "Hi!!!!" back! I felt silly, but it was a fun little moment. Really, great CMs do make Disney so special.
    That is awesome! I love it when CMs have fun with visitors. It makes little things so much more special.

CBR is so pretty! I love how bright and tropical it is.

Hi everyone! I wanted to say thanks again for coming along for my report! There will be a brief intermission because I'm going on a "Guys Rule the Gulf" vacation with all three of my guys and will be unable to add anything else for at least a week.

I'll checking in every so often though because I would hate to miss something important! Lol :)
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryTink View Post
    Hi everyone! I wanted to say thanks again for coming along for my report! There will be a brief intermission because I'm going on a "Guys Rule the Gulf" vacation with all three of my guys and will be unable to add anything else for at least a week.

I'll checking in every so often though because I would hate to miss something important! Lol :)
    Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your family!!!
    Kim

Day 2: Magic Kingdom & Epcot

Hi all! I'm back from the beach and ready to work on the report again. Talk about the exact opposite of my Disney touring style: at the beach we were completely laid back and lazy - slept late, took afternoon naps and really just relaxed.

Ok, back to the report:

My plan for day two (Thursday, May 7th) was to take the bus to MK for 8am EMH and tour for a couple of hours then take the monorail to Epcot where we would use our FP+ in Future World and then work our way around WS allowing Heather to do the Agent P adventures while Jen and I basically explored at a slow pace. This is the one day that I had no kind of break planned at all because in my mind taking a nice easy trip around WS was a relaxing idea. Well, my plan partially worked out:

We arrived at the bus stop a little later than I planned at about 7:25 and because of that we missed the opening show at MK but were still in the gate at 8am. I was disappointed for Heather and Jen, but since I had seen it before, it wasn't the end of the world. We started in Tomorrowland and were able to do Space Mountain, Buzz, Astro Orbiter and Tomorrowland Speedway within the first hour.

MK_TOMSPACE_7309731114.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

Next we headed to Fantasyland and did the teacups:

DSC00958.jpg

Since we hadn't done Pooh yet we got in line (I think the wait time listed was 20 minutes, maybe??) but after waiting just a few minutes, we decided that since we were coming back late on Saturday night, we should really wait and do Pooh and other "Little kid" rides then, so we jumped out of line and did Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean instead - both with very short waits!

wdw2015127231571903_7319826771.jpg

By the way, above is one of the many Photopass Photos we had taken during this trip. I know I've mentioned it earlier, but cannot stress enough how wonderful the Memory Maker share was for this trip. It was a small share with just four other groups from the forums here and I thought it worked out so well. I looked back over my photos from various Disney trips recently and noticed that I am rarely in the photos at all! Even though I don't always enjoy seeing all those pictures of myself, it is nice to actually be in more than a few.

At this point it was about 9:45 and since we planned to leave by 10:00 we worked our way to the front and headed to the monorail. We got lucky and had very little wait and were on the way to Epcot in no time.

I was very excited to get to ride the monorail into Epcot during the Flower and Garden festival - it really was beautiful and I took a few pictures during the loop:

DSC00963.jpg
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Epcot Day 2 (AKA - a little solo trippin' never hurt anybody!)

We arrived in Epcot from MK and used our first FP+ of the day at Mission Space and it was kind of a waste, but oh well. I did the wimpy green side and Heather and Jen did the more extreme, always makes me sick, orange version. With the FP+ I was in almost immediately, so I had a to wait a few minutes for them to finish. I walked over and got a free cup of water and added a little flavoring to it and was waiting when they came out. They were amazed and in disbelief that the ride makes me sick. Both swore that it didn't cause them any trouble at all, but I secretly think they must have been lying to make me feel like a big baby! They saw my drink and we all decided that since we had time to kill before our next FP that we should get lunch. Well, in a moment of inspiration, I noticed the turkey leg cart and mentioned that Luke, my son, absolutely loved those things. Heather is sort of a picky eater, but does love fried chicken drumsticks, so Jen got her one. Heather proclaimed it delicious (thank goodness!) and we walked over to the Electric Umbrella where Jen and I got something for us. After eating we realized that we had not packed our suscreen that day, so I ran across the walkway to the big store and got some at a highly inflated price and we were happily protected from the sun.

Next, we had a FP+ for Spaceship Earth. We were pretty close to the end of the window by the time we finished, so we went directly to Soarin for our 3rd FP+ of the day. We were planning to ride Living with the Land next but there was a pretty long line (this still shocks me!!) so we skipped it and went to pick up the Agent P phone. On the way, we stopped and got a few more photos taken, of course.
    EPCOT_SPECIALEVENT_7300522506.jpg
    wdw2015127231728705_7319859388.jpg
    We got almost to Canada and I realized that I had forgotten to check about a 4th FP+. I pulled up my saved PDF of Josh's cheatsheet on my phone and was annoyed to see that there are no FP+ kiosks except in Future World. I told them to head on to Britian to start her first Agent P mission while I went back to get another FP. I was able to get Character Spot at 6:00 - 7:00 and that seemed to fit our plans well so I headed back to find the others. Took this picture on the way that is now my new screensaver:
    DSC00966.jpg

By this time it was between 1:30 and 2:00 FYI. Well, I think leaving them on their own might have not been such a great idea. I got to Britian and went to the shop area where I knew Agent P likely was and they were nowhere to be found. I called and following their description of where they were found them almost at the bridge on the way toward the International Gateway. They were sitting on the ground in the shade and looked really tired and hot. They said they couldn't figure out where to start so they just waited for me. We went back through the tea garden area and then I noticed that little back door where Pooh and Tigger meet. Jen and Heather are both big fans of them, so we went back there first. There was no wait at all - I couldn't believe our luck!

wdw2015127231750011_7319866042.jpg

After this Heather and I started the Agent P mission while Jen waited in a chair inside a shop. Heather was not at all willing to do the Agent P mission alone, but seemed to like it as long as I went along with her. I actually thought it was really fun myself, to be honest. This was one major mistake in my plan and a lesson learned. I thought she would enjoy doing it alone and even had hopes that after we did one together she might be more willing to go solo so Jen and I could look around. When we finished, it gave us the next mission in France, so we went to find Jen. I noticed that Heather had gotten quiet, so I asked if she didn't want to do Agent P after all. Well, she said what she really wanted to do was go swim!! Yikes! I really didn't want to go swim but Jen also wanted a break. I told them that I would just stay and roam around on my own, and they could go take a break. I told them that they needed to be back by 6pm and they headed out. This was at about 2:20 or so, if I remember correctly. I remember thinking that they would get back to the resort by 3pm at the worst.

So, a little to my dismay, I was basically going solo for four hours. It was really very nice, I must admit! I took a lot of photopass photos all by myself and felt a little silly but I'm glad I did it. I finally saw the France movie that my family never wants to wait for and it was great. I got one of those yummy adult beverage ice pops that Josh told us about when he reviewed the Flower & Garden eats a few months before. I shopped in the big shop in Japan for Luke, who is currently an anime fanatic. I people watched, took pictures, listened to a concert in the America section, saw the juggler in Italy and just basically did whatever I wanted to do for the first time ever in WDW. It was great!
    wdw2015127231878685_7300837792.jpg

This convinced me that I would probably be willing to do a solo trip at some point in the future. If not a solo trip at least another solo day! :)
    Last edited by LibraryTink; 06-14-2015 at 06:04 PM.
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

A great day! The Pooh and Tigger greet looks super cute. That is great it wasn't busy. We need to make sure and do that next trip!
    Kim

wow! that picture that is now your screensaver is gorgeous!

South Georgia, yeah its Disney World hot here.
    We've all been at the mercy of the mouse for items left behind. You do what ya' gotta' do.

A few years ago we were there in February. It turned cloudy and very cool in Epcot one afternoon with my daughter in shorts and a t-shirt. 70.00 bucks for a jogging suit at Mouse Gear. She has long since out grown it but we can't get rid of it.
    Craig

flickr

Finishing our day at Epcot

Continuing my report of our day 2:

I was doing my mini solo trek around WS and my phone went totally dead! One thing I learned that I should share - take a charger into the parks if you have room in your bag because there are really several areas in most Disney parks where you can plug in and charge for a few minutes! I was worried because I knew Heather & Jen would be coming back and I couldn't call/text to figure out how to meet up. They knew our next FP+ was for the character meet, so I was headed that way and stopped to get a photo in front of the Elsa & Anna topiary. In this picture I'm looking sideways because Jen & Heather had arrived back and found me - amazing, really!

EPCOT_BACKSIDE5_7300974199.jpg

We headed to the character meet with our FP+ and the wait time was still listed as 40 minutes so I was really glad we had it! This turned out to be one of our favorites of the trip. All three characters were very interactive and we got some great photopass photos. Here are a couple:

EPCOT_CHRCON3_7301031922.jpg

EPCOT_CHRCON1_7301013973.jpg

Next, Heather really wanted to do SOAT again so we split up again and while they did that, I went to the Tomorrowland preview. I enjoyed the preview and it made we want to see the movie, so I guess this is a good strategy for Disney! Ironically, as of today I still have not seen the movie because life has just been way too busy. Jen came back quite impressed with SOAT, too!

It was time to eat, so we went to have dinner at Sunshine Seasons - it was great because we could all get different types of food and eat together. I ended up with Chinese and really was kind of disappointed with it! :( I think it is the first time I've been unhappy with my food there. Jen and Heather got pork roast or something and said it was very good.

When we finished eating it was about 8pm and our plan was to stay for Illuminations but while eating we discussed it and decided to call it an early night because we were rope dropping HS the next day. I felt bad that they missed the show, but they seemed really happy with turning in early. This is another lesson learned for me, I think. I need to stop feeling totally responsible for making sure everyone else has fun and gets to do "everything!" So, of course, we took some more photos on the way out and I loved the ligthing at dusk in these:

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7301145020.jpg

So, overall, a very successful day two! Next up: Hollywood Studios with a major Star Wars theme and spoiler alert - I took a tumble and had to visit the first aid station at HS! Another first and not in a good way. :(

Thanks for following along!
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Hollywood Studios Day 3

Since Heather turned 12 in February, this would be her only chance for Jedi Training, so we got to HS by 8:20 and were about 4th back at our tapstiles. We ate, put on sunscreen and people watched. While there, we noticed lots of people who were apparently there early for the same thing we were! I started to get a little nervous about not being the very first family in our line.

Anyway, when it was time to go, Heather & I were planning to speedwalk to the sign up because we really needed her to be signed up for the 11:20 training to fit into my very strict plan for the day. Well, as we were walking quickly along, I started to notice more and more people actually running to the sign up building! As an elementary educator, I have on multiple occasions told children that giving in to peer pressure is not smart. I should have taken my own advice because after several groups ran past me, I decided that we needed to go faster. I had foolishly worn flip flop like shoes this day and am honestly sort of a natural born klutz and ended up wiping out and scraping up both my knees horribly! I recovered and got us to the line but as soon as Jen caught up, I left them to it and went to the nearest restroom to find the bandaids and see what I could do. Every trip I carry around a few bandaids and have never used even one. Today, I needed about 10 to be able to cover all the scrapes! Both knees, my right hand and one foot all needed some help!

Here is the photo I took after doing what I could with the supplies I had:

IMG_2245.jpg

I ended up using two bandaids on my hand because even though it wasn't bleeding a lot, it was really hurting the more than the knees.

Well, they did get her signed up for the training time we wanted and we continued on with my plan because I'm that kind of stubborn! We went to Rock & Roller Coaster and didn't have too terribly long of a wait, but when we got off, there was blood running down my left leg. So, off the the restroom again where two different really nice ladies shared more bandaids with me. You really do meet such nice and helpful people at WDW. :) Several people also suggested that I head to the first aid center, but I really wanted to wait until it fit into the plan better. Have I mentioned that I'm a little stubborn??

We then went to our FP+ at TOT, which turned out to be a very big favorite of both Heather and Jen. We are on the top right of the picture below:
    STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_7301407702.jpg

We were then supposed to go try and meet Hiro & Baymax before Star Tours & Heather's training. Heather said she was hungry, so Jen got her a Mickey Bar. Of course, this meant we had to wait at the entrance for her to finish eating before we could even get to the meet and greet area. Have you ever noticed how slowly kids eat when you are waiting for them?? You should try it with a sore knee some time! LOL ;-) Anyway, when we finally got back there, the line was really long - I think it was about 10:45 or so and we just took a couple of pictures of someone else with them and headed on.

At this point my plan called for us to do our Star Tours FP+, but we were afraid Heather would be late for Jedi Training, so they went on to do that while I finally broke down and headed to first aid.

They were very nice there and told me I was the second Jedi Training knee injury of the day! I really think they should consider making this either a FP+ or an additional fee experience. I know others would disagree, and I see why, but I would gladly have paid $25-50 not to have to get there so early and make a run for it!

They took great care of the knee and gave me plenty of supplies for later. I had already planned on heading to a drugstore during our break, but ended up not having to do so because they were so generous with the supplies. I forgot to take a picture of the knee after they took care of it, but it was much better! The below picture was taken after the visit and you can see that my knees are now covered in bandages.

STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7302596838.jpg

I got back to the training area about 10 minutes before show time and found Jen to watch. Another lesson learned - it is already too hot at 11:20 for Jedi Training - there is no shade there at all! If I was going to end up injured to get signed up, I should have went for the first session of the day. It was a very cool experience and Heather enjoyed doing it, though.

STUDIO_JTA1_7301875807.jpg

However, it took much longer than we expected and we were now out of time for our FP+ at ST which ended at 11:45. I decided to "use" my injury and went to the FP entrance anyway. When it turned blue, I told them we were running late because of my injury and they let us through. Although this was not entirely true, I didn't feel too guiltly for this fib, because I felt like the injury had slowed us down all day long! Our next FP+ was TSMM from 12:00 - 1:00, so we went there and were very happy to skip the 70 minute wait. We went to the Muppets show next because everything was starting to get just a bit crowded. We had planned to go to the 12:45 Indiana Jones show, but were too late so we grabbed a 4th FP+ for RNR later in the day and left for our break.

We got back to CBR about 2pm and had snacks. Heather wanted to go swim and really wanted me to go with them but I was not about to put my bloody knees into a pool! So, they went to the pool while I picked up some items I had bought in Epcot the day before that were delivered to the resort store. I went back to the room then and just rested bit and tried not to let myself get to whiny - lol.

We were heading back to HS soon, so I changed into my Star Wars shirt.
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Jedi Mickey at Hollywood & Vine

After a break of a little over 2 hours, we were headed back to HS for our 4:55 Jedi Mickey buffet dinner. On the way in, a very nice man offered to give us his rider swap pass for TOT. He said they were not going to use it and wanted to share. I thanked him and then spent a few minutes explaining to Jen that this is one thing I really miss about the old paper FP system. In previous years on several occasions I pulled a few FP for something extra just to give to people as I was leaving. It always seemed like a nice way to share some magic.

We checked in at Hollywood & Vine and had barely sat down before they called us in.

STUDIO_HOLVINE1_7308458369.jpg

It was not very crowded at all and we had a great time at this character dinner. I had originally booked the breakfast at Sci-Fi and am really glad we ended up changing because I think this is a better value in general and specifically for a picky eater like my dear niece! I'll share a few pictures with the characters:

DSC01034.jpg
    Minnie really made a big deal of Heather's shirt.
    DSC01042.jpg
    Darth Goofy was trying to challenge Heather I think!

After dinner we used the rider swap FP at TOT and then used the FP+ for RNRC that we had gotten at a kiosk before leaving.

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7302281771.jpg
    Heather's favorite past time turned out to be deciding what kind of crazy face to make for each ride photo.

We had a few more photos taken and shopped a bit until time for Fantasmic.

STUDIO_SUNSET3_7302318101.jpg
    This photo turned out to be one of my favorites this trip and overall we had a good day, considering how it started. I was especially thankful that I didn't end up breaking something and finding out what emergency rooms are like in Orlando! It could have been much worse....
    Staci
    May 2015 TR

Sorry to hear that you got hurt!

Learning that I am not responsible for whether or not my husband is having fun on a trip (especially a WDW trip) was one of the hard things I had to work through when we first got together. Everyone goes at their own pace, but it is hard to realize that sometimes! I have a feeling it is a lesson I am going to have to remember on our big extended family trip in November.
    Kim