Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: Act Quickly! 8.5% off Target Gift Cards!

  1. #76
    Member jcos18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    74
    I ordered Target gift cards from Cardpool last week for 7% off. They came in today and I verified they have the balances that they should have. I have now consolidated them into a Target gift card that I bought at the store. Now all I'm waiting for is Target to have Disney gift cards available to buy. After all is said and done I should get a 11% discount.

    BTW I previously ordered a gift card which was canceled. I placed the order on 8/8, on 8/10 I checked my account and saw the order was cancelled. This afternoon I finally received an email from Target telling me the order was cancelled. I have no idea why they would wait 5 days to tell me they couldn't fulfill my order.
    1998 - Off Site
    2003 - CSR
    2007 - FW Cabins
    2010 - ASMu
    2012 - Disney Cruise
    2014 - AoA
    2015 - ASMu & US/IoA Cabana Bay

  2. #77
    Senior Member mgarbowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by jcos18 View Post
    BTW I previously ordered a gift card which was canceled. I placed the order on 8/8, on 8/10 I checked my account and saw the order was cancelled. This afternoon I finally received an email from Target telling me the order was cancelled. I have no idea why they would wait 5 days to tell me they couldn't fulfill my order.

    I got the same email today. It acknowledged that there was a delay in sending that email out and they apologized. The cause of the delay was not further explained.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

  3. #78
    Member jcos18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    74
    Did you also notice the typo "were" instead of "we're"? I hate to be the grammar police but come on this is a professional company not a Facebook post.

  4. #79
    Senior Member kmc8826's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,021
    Quote Originally Posted by jcos18 View Post
    Did you also notice the typo "were" instead of "we're"? I hate to be the grammar police but come on this is a professional company not a Facebook post.
    I noticed the same thing! And weird that they would wait so long to cancel the order. I had only ordered one for $100 (all they had left by the time I saw this post) so I was thinking maybe it would go through.
    Kim


  5. #80
    Senior Member mgarbowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by jcos18 View Post
    Did you also notice the typo "were" instead of "we're"? I hate to be the grammar police but come on this is a professional company not a Facebook post.

    They must have fixed it at some point. My email says, "We’re deeply sorry that item(s) on your order were canceled, and we apologize for the inconvenience."
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

  6. #81
    Senior Member cdmurphy727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,204
    So about Cardpool... i placed my order for Target e-cards on Monday morning. It says it can take up to a day to receive your order. Well now it's been 48 hours and I've heard nothing from them. I emailed customer service yesterday morning and haven't had a reply back from that either. I can't find a phone number on their website. Is this typical? Because it's horrible and frustrating and not worth getting a discount if I can't get my gift cards. Anyone else had this experience? Am i just being impatient?

  7. #82
    Member Mossy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmurphy727 View Post
    So about Cardpool... i placed my order for Target e-cards on Monday morning. It says it can take up to a day to receive your order. Well now it's been 48 hours and I've heard nothing from them. I emailed customer service yesterday morning and haven't had a reply back from that either. I can't find a phone number on their website. Is this typical? Because it's horrible and frustrating and not worth getting a discount if I can't get my gift cards. Anyone else had this experience? Am i just being impatient?
    I have gotten cards from them before fairly quickly. Right now T is selling discounted Ebay cards($100 card for $84.50 with red card) and I would assume they are not able to keep up with demand. However delays usually mean that something has triggered their(Cardpool's) fraud detection or perhaps your own CC fraud protection, but they(your CC) will usually call you. Check your CC to see if the charges are posted or pending. HTH.

    ETA-Phone number is 800-240-8111, You'll actually get a live person instead of a voicemail if you call the order confirmation dept. at 415-419-8787.

  8. #83
    wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northfield, IL
    Posts
    9,226
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmurphy727 View Post
    So about Cardpool... i placed my order for Target e-cards on Monday morning. It says it can take up to a day to receive your order. Well now it's been 48 hours and I've heard nothing from them. I emailed customer service yesterday morning and haven't had a reply back from that either. I can't find a phone number on their website. Is this typical? Because it's horrible and frustrating and not worth getting a discount if I can't get my gift cards. Anyone else had this experience? Am i just being impatient?
    Is your order still showing in your account? What's the status? I've found that submitting an online inquiry typically works pretty quickly with online purchases (anywhere).
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

    Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

    Stupid Judy.

    But Sandy Plankton said...

  9. #84
    Senior Member cdmurphy727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,204
    My order does show in my account - says it's pending. My CC has not been charged (not even a pending transaction).

    My friend had the number for the order verification department so I called them a few minutes ago. Explained that I ordered on Monday, it's been over 48 hours and I have not heard anything from them. They said they needed to verify my identity, standard procedure, etc. I explained that I did not receive even a verification request - how were they planning to verify anything if they didn't tell me it needed to be verified. They didn't have an answer. She did the verification process over the phone and said she would send it on to be processed. Which I assume means it will be at least another day before I actually get my order.

    I still never heard back from the customer service email I sent (which said it would be answered within 24 hours). My impression is that this is extremely poor customer service all around. A company who's bread and butter is online orders for electronic merchandise should be WAY more efficient than this. I'm disappointed and at this point will likely not trust them to order again. Depending on how long it takes from this point to get my order could change that opinion I suppose.

    I appreciate the effort to stop potential fraud. I do not appreciate the inefficiency and the lack of communication.

  10. #85
    wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Northfield, IL
    Posts
    9,226
    Quote Originally Posted by cdmurphy727 View Post
    My order does show in my account - says it's pending. My CC has not been charged (not even a pending transaction).

    My friend had the number for the order verification department so I called them a few minutes ago. Explained that I ordered on Monday, it's been over 48 hours and I have not heard anything from them. They said they needed to verify my identity, standard procedure, etc. I explained that I did not receive even a verification request - how were they planning to verify anything if they didn't tell me it needed to be verified. They didn't have an answer. She did the verification process over the phone and said she would send it on to be processed. Which I assume means it will be at least another day before I actually get my order.

    I still never heard back from the customer service email I sent (which said it would be answered within 24 hours). My impression is that this is extremely poor customer service all around. A company who's bread and butter is online orders for electronic merchandise should be WAY more efficient than this. I'm disappointed and at this point will likely not trust them to order again. Depending on how long it takes from this point to get my order could change that opinion I suppose.

    I appreciate the effort to stop potential fraud. I do not appreciate the inefficiency and the lack of communication.
    Well, there's your answer.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

    Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

    Stupid Judy.

    But Sandy Plankton said...

  11. #86
    Senior Member TiggerGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NE Seacoast
    Posts
    3,512
    My experience with Target customer service is VERY poor

    I don't shop there because of it
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

  12. #87
    Senior Member cdmurphy727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGirl View Post
    My experience with Target customer service is VERY poor

    I don't shop there because of it
    I haven't even gotten my Target gift cards yet. I'm having trouble with Cardpool.

  13. #88
    Senior Member cdmurphy727's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,204
    Update on Carpool - I did finally get my gift cards, at 5:50 this evening.

    I also got a response to my customer service email - about 3 or 4 hours after I called them this morning. The email basically said "thanks for calling us this morning we had been waiting on you". Which really irks me. It would've been one thing if I'd actually gotten some sort of notice from them that I needed to call but instead I had to fish out the number myself from a friend in order to even call them.

    But whatevs I guess. I got my target gift cards at a 7% discount then bought Disney gift cards from target at an additional 5% discount. Plus I had a $5 off Cardpool and a $5 off Raise for being a new customer. So in the end I paid $211.73 total for $250 worth of Disney gift cards. Thats a little over 15% off. Guess I shouldn't complain too much.

    Though I still stand by my assessment that Cardpool has poor customer service. Or at least inconsistent (and inefficient) customer service practices.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •