Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Act Quickly! 8.5% off Target Gift Cards!

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar

Cool Act Quickly! 8.5% off Target Gift Cards!

At www.cardcash.com. They're going fast. Odd amounts, but Target cards can be combined. Then used for Disney (or other) GCs.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Have you purchased physical gifts cards through them before? Kinda makes me nervous for some reason...
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Have you purchased physical gifts cards through them before? Kinda makes me nervous for some reason...
    I haven't used CardCash yet, but haven't seen any unusual complaints about them online (no one's at 100% satisfaction). I have purchased used GCs from other sites. Never had a problem with the others like Cardpool, Raise, Gift Card Rescue, etc.

I just ordered some Target cards, so I'll let you know how the experience goes.

Stupid Judy.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    I'm hesitant to buy gift cards online. Do tell us how it goes, George.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post
    I'm hesitant to buy gift cards online. Do tell us how it goes, George.
    Legitimate online gift card resellers offer a xx-day guarantee. CardCash's is 45 days. Once I receive them, I'll zero them out by transferring them to my main Target GC.

Stupid Judy.

Just a head's up that they had $100 Disney gift cards at my local Target (in NJ) today when I was there... usually only see the $50 ones.

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I haven't used CardCash yet, but haven't seen any unusual complaints about them online (no one's at 100% satisfaction). I have purchased used GCs from other sites. Never had a problem with the others like Cardpool, Raise, Gift Card Rescue, etc.

I just ordered some Target cards, so I'll let you know how the experience goes.
    George, I am piling on to this, too. I ordered a few and will also report back.

BB

Thanks for posting.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Just to follow up, even though it may be too late as there is not really much inventory left, although I have yet to receive the cards in the mail, I think this worked based on confirmation emails:

- Ordered $XXX worth of target gift cards (egift) at site George mentioned
    - Paid with a point earning CC
    - Waited under 24 hours for egift cards to be emailed (more like 30 minutes)
    - Went to Target.com and loaded cart with Disney GC's (made sure they were good for parks, restaurants, etc., and not just Disney Store)
    - Paid using egift cards (up to 4 may be used). Bought enough to make sure free shipping was included
    - Received confirmation that order was done
    - Received UPS tracking #

...now, waiting for cards to show up.

As someone else has said, (AND assuming I end up getting cards), there is some churn to doing this, but this particular deal was good enough to be worth saving a few bux for me; enough for a drink at an expensive Disney bar or a couple of turkey legs, in my case.

Thanks, George, for the heads up!

BB

I am giving it a try too, just completed my purchase.... and put it on a 2% back credit card to get over 10% total.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

I ordered physical cards, and got an email within 24 hours of ordering that they'd been shipped.

Raise.com is having a one-day Target GC promotion right now for an extra 3% off, applied at checkout, but their max discount is 4.8%, so the cardcash deal is still better, if only slightly.

Stupid Judy.

Don't let this scare you away but give you confidence in your purchase.

A month or so ago, I purchased Target cards from Raise.com. The card value was $220 or so. I then quickly went to Target and purchased 4 cards and left about $30 of value on the target card.

The next day, the remaining balance on the Target card was gone. I looked at the history and saw that the card was used at a store the previous night for the remainder of my balance. WTF!

I contacted Raise and gave them the story. They investigated and then refunded me the balance that I was owed. Crisis averted.

When a person sells the card on Raise, they retain the gift card. The unscrupulous sellers will watch to see when the card is removed from inventory and then quickly will use up the balance.

To prevent this, use your card immediately or get Target's app and combine the card with a physical card you have in your posession.

I still buy cards from Raise today with confidence.

You folks are leaving money on the table. You can get between 12% and 24% as a discount/cash back.

3 to 9% Discount at Raise (they sometimes offer additional discount to clear inventory)
    1 to 4% cash back/rewards from your CC
    1 to 2% from rebate sites
    5% from Target
    2% from ebates (sometimes)
    2% from DVA (in the form of $20 bonus card for each $1000 spent)

Looks like they have a good supply of Target cards again, after being down to just a couple this morning.
    Micah

MousePerks

Target.com has Disney Gift Cards back in stock. If you have a Redcard on your account you can get an additional 5% off even when actually paying with a Target Gift Card (which can't be done in the store)

George- not sure if you got your Target Gift Cards yet, but if you have a Redcard give it a try.
    Micah

MousePerks

I don't have a Target Red Card, unfortunately.

Are the GCs in-store only? If you can order them online for in-store pickup, you can go through a shopping portal. If they offer the cash back on GCs, that is. Lots of ifs there!

Stupid Judy.

They're online, when they're in stock!

Easy to order online, and they ship free to your house. No special in-store pickup available, or necessary. But, they are often out of stock, so do it soon if you want to go that route.

So even without a redcard you would still have the advantage of not having to drive out to a Target store to get the cards... you just wouldn't be able to take advantage of the extra 5% off online. (Which is probably more of a loophole really, and I am surprised they haven't closed it)
    Micah

MousePerks

My Target gift card arrived in the mail today, and the balance exactly matched what I purchased, and I used it immediately to purchase Disney Gift Cards. No issues.

The Redcard still does get another 5% when buying online, so I got 8.5% from CardCash, 2% from Credit card used to purchase it, 5% from the Redcard discount at Target.com, and in the future a 2% bonus from Disney Vacation Account. In total this saved 16.48% between all of them (assuming I did the math right).
    Micah

MousePerks

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    My Target gift card arrived in the mail today, and the balance exactly matched what I purchased, and I used it immediately to purchase Disney Gift Cards. No issues.

The Redcard still does get another 5% when buying online, so I got 8.5% from CardCash, 2% from Credit card used to purchase it, 5% from the Redcard discount at Target.com, and in the future a 2% bonus from Disney Vacation Account. In total this saved 16.48% between all of them (assuming I did the math right).
    But you still have to tip on TS meals, so you're actually still in the red.

Stupid Judy.

But you still have to tip on TS meals, so you're actually still in the red.
    Good thing these are going towards our next Annual Passes. ... plus TiW helps take care of the tip.

You get yours in the mail yet?
    Micah

MousePerks

Good thing these are going towards our next Annual Passes. ... plus TiW helps take care of the tip.

I did, and had no problems transferring them to my main Target GC.

Stupid Judy.

Actually, using TiW card means you are charged an automatic 18% gratuity on the non-discounted total for the meal, so i think you are back in the red again.
    Mom to 23yo, 21yo, 19yo, 17yo, 16yo, and 11yo

Trips with friends
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (3)
    Family trips
    2001, 2010, 2014
    Planning a family trip for Christmas 2019

I did, and had no problems transferring them to my main Target GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Momof6 View Post
    Actually, using TiW card means you are charged an automatic 18% gratuity on the non-discounted total for the meal, so i think you are back in the red again.
    Micah

MousePerks

Just to close the loop, I got my physical Disney GC's in the mail.

Confused, though, by one person saying red card is applicable online for 5% and one saying it isn't. Anyone can definitively clarify one way or another?

Thanks!

BB32