Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Free Dining Successes and Failures

I think they released them because a whole bunch popped up all at once. People are figuring it out though because they are starting to disappear again.

Quote Originally Posted by annie g View Post
    Wow they released a lot more free dining rooms. Standard rooms as well as preferred. I wonder if people started cancelling rooms they had hoping to get free dining, Or if they were just holding back rooms.
    I think it's a combo of people who had over-booked or double-booked during the mayhem of Free Dining that are now cancelling/updating, all of the TA's 7-day holds that didn't turn into a reservation, and over all just a reassessment of what's still available.

I just managed to switch us from CBR to POR. I had checked everyday this week and it finally opened up tonight. Got a Garden View for $78 more, but better transportation.
    Last edited by sheilashoelady; 05-09-2015 at 10:35 PM.
    Oct 2009 - Off-site | Aug 2014 - Pop! | Sept 2015 - POR!! |Feb 2016 - Pop! *Girl's Trip* | Feb 2018 - POFQ? *Sibling trip*

I got a Pin code and was able to switch from POR to CBR. It ends up saving us $2000! That makes me happy, although I'm a little apprehensive about CBR.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

Just curious, what was your pin code for? Wondering if I should call and check for us one.

Free dining or 30% off room rates. It's the same as the public offer. Last year's pin included POR, but not this year.

Just saw this post. On the day of the announcement, after being unsuccessful getting anywhere at all on the website, I broke down and called and spent 2 hours on hold. I was unable to get what I wanted with the free dining, so we had to change hotels.
    I think I was most disappointed that it was not released to Disney Visa holders a few days in advance. I think he we even had a single day jump on the general public I would have gotten the hotel that I wanted.
    A cold and rainy day at WDW is still better than a day at work.

Keep checking! Two weeks later, I've finally snagged FD for a clients trip - just a few hours ago. They weren't willing to change hotels or room category. And water/pool view at CBR finally came up.

Still no discounts on two other clients, but I'm gonna keep checking.
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

I say keep checking too! The day the promotion came out we could only get 2 pirates rooms at CBR. (We usually stay at either CBR or POFQ) We really didn't want the pirate rooms and I kept checking and 2 water/pool rooms became available so we switched to those. On Sunday 2 standard rooms were available so we switched to those, $360 cheaper. We are find with a standard room. I have always been able to get the hotel and rooms we wanted on the first try until this time. Good luck!!

Booked FD at POR today for 8/28 - 9/1, although less popular days that likely most of October/November. Booked at standard room without any problems, now that it looks like the website issues have been shaken out.

Also wanted to book Thanksgiving week, but arriving 11/19 wasn't worth the price difference.
    Abby - I have kids.

We wanted POR, but no standard rooms are available with FD. As a matter of fact, if you go online, no standard rooms are available at all for our dates. We still have our original POR reservation that we made before the FD. The first CM I spoke to said we would be able to just convert that into the FD room. When I went to do that, the second CM said it could not be done. Since the phone lines were crazy that day I just kept the reservation and didn't try to get a supervisor to help and convert package. I haven't gotten around to calling again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFredricksen View Post
    I think I was most disappointed that it was not released to Disney Visa holders a few days in advance. I think he we even had a single day jump on the general public I would have gotten the hotel that I wanted.
    I am also a Visa holder. I wonder if they didn't do a Visa release first because of the very limited number of rooms? I booked mine in the middle of the night, half an hour after the promo went live, and the dates I wanted for the resort I needed just weren't there. I had to book a Fri-Fri reservation instead of the Sat to Sat I wanted, and still haven't seen any availability come up for any room type for CBR for my dates. At this point, I am hoping for a room discount on the separate reservation I made for the second Friday night.

It seems they are gradually releasing more rooms. Our reservations were at WL for 29Oct-08Nov, the day the dining plan came out I was able to get it (had to upgrade from a woods view to a courtyard view). We switched our dates to be from 30Oct-09Nov to be able to go to both MNSSHP and MVMCP but wasn't able to get the night of the 8th for free dining (well I could have upgraded rooms again but the cost was almost $1,000 more unlike the upgrade from wood to courtyard which was only $150). So we were just going to stay at the Hyatt in MCO since we were flying out the next day anyway. I was bummed to miss out on a 10th day of free dining but not the end of the world. Well I called Wednesday and something opened up and I was able to get that 10th night added on, YEA!!
    Apr 27th-May 4th 2013- Off-site at Windsor Hills, October 4th-13th 2014- Off-site at Clear Creek, Oct 30th-Nov 9th 2015- AKL, October 1st-9th 2016- Poly
    Bought DVC :)
    Jan 22-24 2017- AKL, Dec 9th-16th 2017- Copper Creek, Apr 21st-28th 2018- AKL, Jun 1st-3rd 2018- Bay Lake Towers, Oct 6th-13th- AKL

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd guff's Avatar
    My experience from a previous thread. I made my call at 4pm and our rooms are at the Grand Floridian

I was pleasantly surprised. I started calling at 4pm and got "all circuits are busy". I tried that number a few more times, same result. I tried 4 different numbers and ultimately got through (407-939-1936). Once I got through all the voice prompts, I was on hold for less than a minute. The phone call took less than 15 minutes including the survey. And I got my free dining.

It was way quicker than I would have imagined.

A bunch just opened up for my other clients - at the Contemporary. Free dining and room discounts. FYI.

Keep checking guys!
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

My dates and Standard POR still not open.