Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Dining Successes and Failures

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Based on what I see here I am so glad we can leverage Florida resident discounts on room-only rates along with a TiW card.
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

upstate, NY, wish I lived at Disney World!!
    Mrs. Potts, the same thing happened to me... I have been at it since just before. 6:30 this morning....I was able to modify one clients reservations this morning, but the others wouldn't go through.., I have been on hold, got disconnected, talked to a person and they went to transfer me and I got disconnected...I have now been on hold for 1 hr and 40 min...hopefully someone will answer soon! Hang in there...

WDW: May 04'-SOG, Sep 12'-AOA, Sep 13'-POP, Sep 14'-POR, Sep 15'-POP,
    Dec 16'-POP

DL: May 11'-Off Site

Quote Originally Posted by Hunbunch View Post
    Mrs. Potts, the same thing happened to me... I have been at it since just before. 6:30 this morning....I was able to modify one clients reservations this morning, but the others wouldn't go through.., I have been on hold, got disconnected, talked to a person and they went to transfer me and I got disconnected...I have now been on hold for 1 hr and 40 min...hopefully someone will answer soon! Hang in there...
    I hope you are able to take of your client's reservations easily!

I think we're just going to go somewhere else for vacation. My husband agreed to go because it's an easy vacation for us, but I am ready to take a Disney break. I wouldn't mind visiting Universal or maybe we will stay closer to home like Branson or Chicago.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

I was on hold 2 hours and then on the phone with CM for an hour trying to get CBR. Only pirate rooms were option. They wouldn't apply discount to my standard view room. Sooo disappointed. The CM I talked to said she was only able to get 1/10 callers free dining that she'd try to help today!

I called our travel agent at 8:30 am this morning to try and book. She said she see what she could do but the site was down and the phones were busy. She called back at 3:00 pm saying she still could not get through. I tried the website myself to book and had no issues around 3:30 pm. So we're booked 11/15 - 11/23 at Pop!

I had visited with my TA last week in anticipation that free dining would be offered and she would book for me as soon as it opened. Being a bit crazed, I looked as well and was able to get a standard room at Pop for my dates of October 25 - November 1st at around 8:30 this morning, central time. Soon after, my TA sent me an email that all she could get me was a standard at Music for $200 more than I paid for Pop. ?? After hearing everyone's drama, feeling pretty lucky.
    2007 Offsite, 2009 OKW, 2012 WH, 2013 WBC, 2013 Pop, 2014 WBC, 2015 Pop, 2016 Pop, 2017 Solterra, 2017 WH, 2017 Sheraton Vistana, 2018 Offsite, 2018 St Georges Manor, 2018 WH/Boardwalk, 2018 ASMo, 2018 Disneyland offsite, 2019 Easter Disneyland offsite, 8/2019 Disneyland offsite, 2019 OKW

My TA couldn't get what I wanted for my dates, or her own, or another client's. She thinks something is screwy with their system, because she also wasn't able to apply a room-only discount.

I thought this was supposed to be a perk of having a Disney Visa -- access to discounts ahead of time. So much for that!

I am going to keep trying. I am set on the hotel that I want, but a discounted stay would be fine. It was coming close whether free dining would have been a better deal for us.

Overall though, frustrating.
    Enjoyed our first family trip to WDW in April 2014. Went with husband, DS5, DD3, DD 7 months. Stayed at AoA Cars and then Wilderness Lodge with a surprise fireworks view in our standard room! Back for more in Dec. 2015. Rented DVC points at the Boardwalk Villas, and the second half of our trip is now garden wing at the Contemporary! Was going to be WL, but sad bummers about construction and Disney gave me a sweet upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetnett View Post
    This is my first post - but I've been watching the forums since we first booked our Oct trip back in February.
    Just keep posting, posting, posting ...
    Once in a lifetime trip in 2004 ...

I was able to book Pop standard view Oct 25- Nov 7 upgraded to the regular dining plan. I was planning to be up at 6am to book but thankfully a friend called at 4:30am to let me know it was up.
    ~Vicki~

Hi, I'm new to this process and this has been a frustrating day! Newbie question: Will more rooms become available for the Free Dining, or is what sold out today all that will be offered? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this process and this has been a frustrating day! Newbie question: Will more rooms become available for the Free Dining, or is what sold out today all that will be offered? Thanks!
    Welcome, I would think they would all be out. What resort did you want? The moderate resorts sold out early.

My TA was able to modify my existing reservation for Sep. 12th-20th at Pop, but I had to change from a Preferred room to a Standard room. I also of course had to add the hoppers. She spent a lot of time on hold and the system crashed on her as well. This evening she was on hold with a 99 min. expected wait time, but had everything confirmed in an hour. I feel super lucky that everything worked out. I would have liked the preferred room, but I will walk a little farther for almost $700 in savings!
    Last edited by AmandaB; 04-27-2015 at 06:27 PM.

I had an existing reservation at Coronado Springs, in a preferred room, but I guess that room was not a part of the offer. Disappointing!

I can't even get through and I don't even want the free dining. I just want to add a day of tickets so I can make fastpasses.

Failure. TA been trying to switch our package to free dining all day. The system has been down all day. Then the one time it did work it showed nothing available at any of the moderates. Very frustrated and disappointed. So much for that magical feeling. 😔

I'm so frustrated! This is my first time using a TA and I had no idea that you couldn't change your own reservation if you used a TA. I was up at 4:30a (thanks to a nursing baby) checked online and saw that free dine had started. I could have changed my reservations then - no problem, but I couldn't do that because I had booked with a TA. Well guess what after the TA tried all day just got an email - nothing is left at POP for free dining.
    I'm not blaming the TA at all - she had over 100 reservations to change/book and whatever system the TAs are using was down all day. I've never had this problem before with free dining, but we also got it early with the Disney Visa. I need a good cry and some chocolate ice cream.
    Melissa
    "All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel banana." Abraham Lincoln

Have you considered switching to all stars, they may have availability?

Today worked like a charm for me! Mrs. Tute is the one who interfaces with our TA, so there was two layers between me and the frustration.

I'm told that while I was busy trying to pay for the trip, our TA was able to get free dining for our trip trip for just the two of us to CSR Nove,beer 15-19. Mrs. Tute calculates the savings as near $500 for us. That number may be right or may be wrong, but I ain't gonna argue.
    Last edited by Tute; 04-27-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: A charm. It worked like a charm. Not a harm.
    Until I can afford to vacation in space, I will have to settle for Tomorrowland.

OK, after fiddling with dates, I was able to get two standard rooms at CBR with free dining for Oct 30-Nov 5. online. shew!! I have lots of ADRs to change now tho.

I was lucky enough to get CSR for Nov. 13-19 with no problem at 6am. I even went back and modified my tickets later. I'm so glad I had to get up to drive the kids to school early this morning or I may have missed out!! It's our first time at Coronado Springs but I think we'll like it.

My TA failed. No rooms left at Port Orleans, and Pop Century.

So, of course since I planned ahead and got a Disney Visa debit card a few weeks ago there was no early offer for card holders. :) I'm one of the lucky ones - was able to get FD with a CBR standard room 8/28 - 9/2, and keep part of a previous TA deal for a really good rate at BC (now for just 2 nights, 8/26 - 8/28). My kids are really psyched to try Stormalong Bay, but I think 3 days there will be plenty - then on to 'free' dining at an excellent rate at CBR. We cram 5 into a room, so even with the PH requirement it's still a great deal for us.

Quote Originally Posted by rich2603 View Post
    My TA failed. No rooms left at Port Orleans, and Pop Century.
    Lots of times, neither of those resorts have rooms in the mix, as they sell pretty well on their own. So it might not be your TA's fault.
    Once in a lifetime trip in 2004 ...

I slept in this morning! I was shocked to see it go live earlier than expected. Made a quick call to my parents and my dad was able to book he and my mom for a trip in December at CSR. Free dining and a standard room.

My husband and I are doing a kid-free trip this year, and had considered Disney, but decided against it. When I looked this morning, I could have gotten a standard room at CSR for Nov 14-21, but by this afternoon all that was left was King rooms.

I checked this site when I got up this morning and was surprised to see that free fall dining was open to the public. So I juggled three phones, made about two hundred attempts and finally got through. What I wanted was not high demand, AllStar Sports Standard, Nov. 15th - 25th and I got it.