Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Dining Successes and Failures

Free Dining Successes and Failures

Just wondering how our forum members are doing trying to book "Free Dining" for the dates that opened up today. Let us know if you got what you wanted or had to make some modifications!

I was able to get a standard view at CSR for November 19-27...exactly what I wanted! Even with having to add the park hoppers that we will not use, it still saves us $1200!!!

Our Disney TA got through and apparently only the pirate rooms were available for FD. We already have a reservation for the standard room at CBR so we'd have to pay about $725 more to get "Free Dining". Clearly not free, but a savings vs. what we would pay out of pocket. I'm not sure whether CBR had any standard rooms available for FD this morning and we missed the window or is it just applicable to the pirate rooms? So now we have two reservations and need to consider which works best for us.

I JUST got through on the TA site to make a new res for a client. My host TA has been on hold for 2+ hours... and my other coworker has been just trying to dial in and connect for 2 hours.

Amy1219- that is AWESOME! :)

This is my first post - but I've been watching the forums since we first booked our Oct trip back in February.

I was able to book Oct 25-30th at WL with a Woods View Bunk Bed room and FD. I tried first to modify my existing reservation (Oct 24-30th at VWL) and it wouldn't let me change dates so I just booked a new reservation and will call to modify the original reservation to a one day RO or cancel and book a separate RO for the 24th. Today was my 180+10 day start for ADRs so I was up early and got it reserved pretty quickly, but due to the duplicate reservations and chaos on the the website its only letting me book ADRs for one day (Oct 24th). Hoping to get the original reservation modified/cancelled yet today and hopefully the remaining days will all be available for ADRs in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMagoo View Post
    Our Disney TA got through and apparently only the pirate rooms were available for FD. We already have a reservation for the standard room at CBR so we'd have to pay about $725 more to get "Free Dining". Clearly not free, but a savings vs. what we would pay out of pocket. I'm not sure whether CBR had any standard rooms available for FD this morning and we missed the window or is it just applicable to the pirate rooms? So now we have two reservations and need to consider which works best for us.
    What about a percentage off of rack rate instead? Those pirate rooms are awfully far from the main building and don't have queen beds.

Senior Member IHearAllThingsDisney's Avatar
    As a TA, it is a total mess!!!!! The TA site that is shiny and new and supposedly allows us to make all client modification from the privacy of our own home without making phone calls is down. Some TA's are getting through... others are getting busy signals. CM's are reporting no availability for some when they do get through. IT's just crazy. Good luck to everyone. I was on the phone with Disney on a separate matter (they called me), and she told me that she expected the week to be pretty crazy.

5.5 hours. 4 reservations modified. 86 more to go. Is it too early in the day to bust out the booze?
    Meredith

Follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyMadeEasy
    September 2011 WL+CR; August 2012 BC + Disney's Vero Beach Resort; May 2013 CSR + Disney Dream; April 2014 BWI; October 2014 AoA + Disney Fantasy; August 2015 Disney's Hilton Head Resort; November 2015 POFQ and Universal's Royal Pacific; January 2016 Disney Magic; November 2016 Disney Wonder; December 2016 BLT, BCV, and Universal's Portofino

Nope. Spoke too soon. Back to 3 reservations successfully modified. Down the hatch.
    Meredith

September 2011 WL+CR; August 2012 BC + Disney's Vero Beach Resort; May 2013 CSR + Disney Dream; April 2014 BWI; October 2014 AoA + Disney Fantasy; August 2015 Disney's Hilton Head Resort; November 2015 POFQ and Universal's Royal Pacific; January 2016 Disney Magic; November 2016 Disney Wonder; December 2016 BLT, BCV, and Universal's Portofino

Geeze.

Quote Originally Posted by IHearAllThingsDisney View Post
    she told me that she expected the week to be pretty crazy.
    Understatement of the year

In happier news, my original plan was to start the day with a workout. Instead, I've been eating brownies and cold pizza all day. So, at least that's more fun :)
    Meredith

I was able to book Pop for 9/12-9/19 online at 7:45 this morning with the free dining. I always thought being a travel agent sounded like a fun job. Now, reading the troubles makes me rethink that. It seems super stressful. Good Luck to all :)

Quote Originally Posted by cncwood View Post
    I always thought being a travel agent sounded like a fun job. Now, reading the troubles makes me rethink that. It seems super stressful. Good Luck to all :)
    It is fun. Like any job, there's frustrations. But it's one of the best jobs I've ever had. :)
    Meredith

Took me 2 hours on hold (I'm a TA too) only to find my existing client's room isn't available for the percentage discount. They're club level at CR so don't want/need the free dining. Ironically the CM I spoke with said all she's been finding open all morning was CL and suites. But not for my clients apparently. :(
    I couldn't get through on the TA site either - until just 30 minutes ago it's finally not crashing.

For the last discount release - the summer discounts - I actually found rooms to become available within the few days after the initial release. So I'm gonna keep trying the rest of the week and see what happens.
    Tanya

Medals received : 08 WDW Half ~ 10 Princess Half + 10 Disneyland Half = Coast to Coast ~ 11 WDW Full ~ 11 Wine & Dine Half ~ 12 WDW Marathon Relay ~ 12 Expedition Everest Challenge ~ 13 Half + Full = GOOFY ~ 13 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare + C2C ~ 14 January Marathon Volunteer ~ 14 ToT 10 miler ~ 15 DOPEY Challenge ~ 15 Avengers ~ 17 cxld Half ~ 2017 DLParis

Medals pending : 2021 Star Wars, 2023 Glass Slipper + Tink

My wonderful TA Jill got me the free dining this morning. I am booked at Pop from 11/16-11/21. I just had to add the Park Hopper. I wonder if I should have added the WP&M instead? I think it's the same cost. I'm just not sure we are going to use the hopper.

My travel agent is saying system has been down all day (online and when she calls). So how are some getting things done and others not?

When I look on the website it says nothin available for free dining at the resorts. Is that because system down or is it because all free dining rooms are really gone??

So frustrating. I beginning to think I will just be staying offsite!

I was able to book two rooms at all star music for 11/14-11/21. With no problems. I did have to do it on line as the phone lines crashed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by alh2011 View Post
    My travel agent is saying system has been down all day (online and when she calls). So how are some getting things done and others not?

When I look on the website it says nothin available for free dining at the resorts. Is that because system down or is it because all free dining rooms are really gone??

So frustrating. I beginning to think I will just be staying offsite!
    The system has been down much of the day. I am literally sitting at my computer, trying again and again, hoping to get through. I have gotten lucky a handful of times, but it looks like the system is down again.
    Meredith

It's very intermittent, some may get through, others may not. The site is working for some, others it's crashing... It's unfortunately just a gamble to see who gets through.

I did see on a TA group that "Disney is actively deleting duplicate reservations for people who made more than one for the same time frame"
    Obviously I don't know if that's true or not, but we should definitely see things open up once the dust settles.

My TA emailed me that after she booked my free dining, the system crashed. Maybe it was a matter of timing.

Online at 7 this morning I was able to modify our existing reservation to get the free dining, the woods view we had on our existing reservation was not available but they had the courtyard view so we did end up paying about $150 more than anticipated but it was worth it to get the free dining. Our existing package is from 29Oct-08Nov, we are now looking at 30Oct-09Nov to be able to go to both MNSSHP and MVMCP. In retrospect I should have called Disney weeks ago to modify the dates but I didn't, lesson learned there. If we can't get the modification I'll just drop the night of the 29th and we'll probably just stay at the hotel in MCO on the night of the 8th, not a huge deal as we wouldn't have gone to the parks on the 9th anyway.
    Apr 27th-May 4th 2013- Off-site at Windsor Hills, October 4th-13th 2014- Off-site at Clear Creek, Oct 30th-Nov 9th 2015- AKL, October 1st-9th 2016- Poly
    Bought DVC :)
    Jan 22-24 2017- AKL, Dec 9th-16th 2017- Copper Creek, Apr 21st-28th 2018- AKL, Jun 1st-3rd 2018- Bay Lake Towers, Oct 6th-13th- AKL

Success.

I was up at 5:30am this morning and was able to book completely new resevations online for both my parents and I. Apparently it went live at about 3-4 am this morning.

It was so nice to get the jump on things before most were up and nice to not have to spend time on the phone waiting like last year. I was a very happy camper with my disney experience this morning and how easy it was.

We are staying Nov. 15-23 at Pop with upgraded dining.
    Jessica

DS (7) and DS (5)

JUNE 1989: Fort Wilderness and Disney Inn
    MAR 1996: Offsite
    NOV 2014 and 2015: Pop Century
    JUNE 2016: Gaylord Palms/Beach
    NOV 2016: CBR
    DEC 2017 and 2018: Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by crewsn View Post
    Success.

I was up at 5:30am this morning and was able to book completely new resevations online for both my parents and I. Apparently it went live at about 3-4 am this morning.

It was so nice to get the jump on things before most were up and nice to not have to spend time on the phone waiting like last year. I was a very happy camper with my disney experience this morning and how easy it was.

We are staying Nov. 15-23 at Pop with upgraded dining.

Nice!! :)

Failure for me. I gave been trying to call since 6 am (CST) and actually got thru once. I held for 40 minutes and then got disconnected after about 30 seconds of talking to the CM. I can't book mine online because my family needs 2 rooms on one reservation due to our family size. From what I can tell, it really doesn't matter since there doesn't seem to be any availability for my dates anyway.

I'm frustrated and disappointed. I think it's ridiculous that Disney's system is unable to handle both phone and website volume.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel