Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 145462636465 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1605

Thread: Seen any good movies? Or bad ones?

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Mary Queen of Scots. Meh. The acting and production were both superb, but the screenplay didn't do very good a job of telling a coherent story. If I didn't know the story already going in, I'd have had a bit of a hard time making heads or tails of it.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    DD and I saw Once Upon A Deadpool. It was basically a re-hash of Deadpool 2 but it was still funny and we both enjoyed it. We're going to see Bumblebee tomorrow.

George: The Favourite looks really good!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

I havent gone back to see any other mentions but the wife and I really enjoyed Instant Family and The Green Book. Both, very different but very well written, very well directed with strong lead and supporting roles.

he's right
    The Green Book is on my list of Things To See. I might go tomorrow (NYD); I am hunkering down in the apartment for NYE.

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Bumblebee was surprisingly good! I'm not a Transformer fan (very surprised to learn that my DD is!).
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Bohemian Rhapsody winning last night seemed strange to me, given the critics reaction to the film.

I decided to look up aggregated scores of recent winning films. On Metacritic, the winners over the last ten years have usually had a score over 80 and many had scores in the high 90's. The lowest scoring winning film over the ten years was The Revenant with a score of 76. Bohemian Rhapsody's score of 49 is very low, even for a nominee.

I saw Mary Poppins Returns on Saturday and loved it! DD and I saw the animated Spider-Man movie on Sunday. The animation was awesome!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Rented Bladerunner 2048 the other night. I’m a fan of the original and was impressed for the first half of the film. Sadly, I found Harrison Ford didn’t quite fit in his own role as Decker, albeit 30 some odd years older. Seemed to have some significant editing gaps as well. Nevertheless, if you liked the original you may like the sequel. They did do a great job with the look and feel of the first film. I recommend.

Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse - The animation was wonderful and spot-on for comic book lovers. The story line was very entertaining and endearing. A great example of how to seamlessly blend music into the movie. We'll likely see it again before it leaves the theater.

We also saw Ralph Breaks the Internet a few weeks ago. Also enjoyed this one. The princess scene is priceless. The car chases are well choreographed. There seemed to be a LOT of jokes targeted to parents - maybe it was just me. There were several laugh-out-loud moments for me. I mean OUT LOUD. Embarrassingly loud.

But if I had to pick between the two, I'd go see Spider-man again.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not That Josh View Post
    Bohemian Rhapsody winning last night seemed strange to me, given the critics reaction to the film.

I decided to look up aggregated scores of recent winning films. On Metacritic, the winners over the last ten years have usually had a score over 80 and many had scores in the high 90's. The lowest scoring winning film over the ten years was The Revenant with a score of 76. Bohemian Rhapsody's score of 49 is very low, even for a nominee.
    Rami Malek's performance was amazing. The music, as you might expect, was fantastic. The movie itself was not great, both for how it was made as well as the greater controversy of sidestepping/underplaying Freddie Mercury's sexuality for most of the movie. Entertaining, but hardly worthy of a nomination, let alone a win. Soundtrack is highly recommended, though.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by geek1997 View Post
    Spider-man: Into the Spiderverse - The animation was wonderful and spot-on for comic book lovers. The story line was very entertaining and endearing. A great example of how to seamlessly blend music into the movie. We'll likely see it again before it leaves the theater.
    This was SO good. The various styles of animation, woven together; the music; the humor; the whole concept. It made me wonder what Solo might have been like if Lord/Miller were able to finish that film.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    The princess scene is priceless.
    Agreed! We've already used "I can't understand you... you must be from the other studio" more than once with the kids when they are whining...
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

We also saw Ralph Breaks the Internet a few weeks ago. Also enjoyed this one. The princess scene is priceless. The car chases are well choreographed. There seemed to be a LOT of jokes targeted to parents - maybe it was just me. There were several laugh-out-loud moments for me. I mean OUT LOUD. Embarrassingly loud.

But if I had to pick between the two, I'd go see Spider-man again.
    This happens A LOT when DD and I go to the movies. There are times I'd swear we're the only ones laughing. And, sometimes, we are embarrassingly loud too! I've decided we're the only ones in the theater with a sense of humor.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    Rami Malek's performance was amazing. The music, as you might expect, was fantastic. The movie itself was not great, both for how it was made as well as the greater controversy of sidestepping/underplaying Freddie Mercury's sexuality for most of the movie. Entertaining, but hardly worthy of a nomination, let alone a win. Soundtrack is highly recommended, though.
    This is similar to what I had heard and read before awards shows/nominations, different versions of "Rami was great but the movie wasn't". So, Rami winning didn't surprise me but the movie winning didn't make sense to me.

I guess there are unexpected winners most years, so maybe this is the big one this year.

Mary Poppins Returns was better than I expected. I thought Emily Blunt played a very convincing Mary Poppins, and I was happily transported back to the familiar neighborhoods. The best part was hearing the strains of the original music, played during certain scenes. The nostalgia was great, while it didn't interfere with the new story, for the kids that don't know the first movie.
    The best part of all, was seeing Dick Van Dyke enjoying himself in his scene.
    I also really loved that they were able to get Angela Lansbury for a song. She has such a lovely voice.
    1st Trip - Honeymoon! - 1983
    Latest Trip - Bucket List trip with Grandkids - 2014

Russian Doll. While not a movie, seeing as it is only eight 30 minutes episodes long, it is about the length of a long movie.

I went in knowing nothing about the show but really loved it.
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitter

The tribute to Stan Lee in Captain Marvel was great.

I liked the movie but I will avoid specifics considering it's still new.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post
    Russian Doll. While not a movie, seeing as it is only eight 30 minutes episodes long, it is about the length of a long movie.

Same here. I had heard it was good but knew nothing and didn't even realize it was a 30 minute show until the first episode was over. It was strange and hilarious. We loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not That Josh View Post
    The tribute to Stan Lee in Captain Marvel was great.
    Agreed. Our theater applauded.

Same here. I had heard it was good but knew nothing and didn't even realize it was a 30 minute show until the first episode was over. It was strange and hilarious. We loved it.
    It is very rare for us to rewatch a show but we have already agreed to rewatch it again soon.
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post

I'm in full agreement. Really liked it and it was very funny.

Agreed. Our theater applauded.
    Ours did too - I got a little teary-eyed!

Google "Thanos" then find and and click on the infinity gauntlet. Non-spoiler fun! Might just work today, I don't know.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    It still works today. Thank you!

Spoiler-free Avengers Endgame Review: It was really good.