Thread: Birthday cakes

Would Get Along Well With Matt Hochberg USAgooner's Avatar

Birthday cakes

Has anyone ordered a birthday cake (or any cake)? What is the process? Do you call a certain restaurant? Can they deliver it to certain parks?
    Thanks
    Last edited by USAgooner; 03-01-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: correcting horrible grammer

The number for specialty cakes is (407) 824-2165. You can get these at a restaurant or your room. They cost $21, and require advance notice. But-- you can ask Disney dining when you call about other cakes/items that are available with little to no notice. You can get individual cakes, Pop up table toppers, goodie bags, ranging from $5 - 15. Many restaurants have these that you can order when you check in at the podium.
    Of course-- if you really want something, advance planning is always best.

Nervous about her first trip without the boss maddysmommy's Avatar
    I called yesterday because I had a question about one of my ADR's and the woman on the phone noticed that we were celebrating my daughter's birthday and asked if I had the cake number. I don't want to step on your toes but the number she gave me was (407)827-2253. I haven't called yet so maybe both numbers work but I was just throwing this out there.
    Tracy
    Madison's Mommy :)

Nov 1991 - offsite
    April 2003 - GKTW
    Nov 2007 - ASMU
    Sept 2010 - CBR
    May 2011 - POP
    May 2013 - ASM
    May 2014 - POP
    Oct 2015 - ASSp
    Nov 2015 - DCL Fantasy * Wedding<3
    Nov 2016 - DCL Magic

owes it all to duffy
    We ordered a cake from the cake hotline (can't remember the number) and it was great! We ordered the white chocolate slipper at 1900 Park Fair for dinner. It came with the white chocolate glass slipper with chocolate mousse and rasberries and a chocolate jewelry box with white chocolate mousse inside. I had them write "Welcome Princess Olivia" on the plate. It was a huge hit! If I ever figure out how to post a picture, i will post one.
    Jill

12/1998 - Offsite
    4/2003 - CSR (convention)
    2/2010 - CBR
    5/2011 - CSR - trip report, trip report part 2
    10/2011 - Grand Floridian - trip report
    4/2014 - POR - trip report
    12/2015 - Grand Floridian
    1/2016 - Universal Studios - Portofino Bay trip report
    3/2016 - CSR

Nervous about her first trip without the boss maddysmommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhalpin76 View Post
    We ordered a cake from the cake hotline (can't remember the number) and it was great! We ordered the white chocolate slipper at 1900 Park Fair for dinner. It came with the white chocolate glass slipper with chocolate mousse and rasberries and a chocolate jewelry box with white chocolate mousse inside. I had them write "Welcome Princess Olivia" on the plate. It was a huge hit! If I ever figure out how to post a picture, i will post one.
    I just saw your countdown, we are checking in the exact same day!! And also celebrating my daughters birthday (may 9) =]
    Tracy
    Madison's Mommy :)

Nov 1991 - offsite
    April 2003 - GKTW
    Nov 2007 - ASMU
    Sept 2010 - CBR
    May 2011 - POP
    May 2013 - ASM
    May 2014 - POP
    Oct 2015 - ASSp
    Nov 2015 - DCL Fantasy * Wedding<3
    Nov 2016 - DCL Magic

doesn't know disney is going to remove all the attractions while she's eating breakfast PR1NC355's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maddysmommy View Post
    I just saw your countdown, we are checking in the exact same day!! And also celebrating my daughters birthday (may 9) =]
    Same here! Checking in same day and celebrating my daughter's birthday!

Would Get Along Well With Matt Hochberg USAgooner's Avatar
    Thank you everyone.

I don't want to step on your toes but the number she gave me was (407)827-2253.
    It's real hard to step on my toes! Unless you get mad at me for being mean, when I'm just trying to be helpful.... (you'd be surprised how upset some folks can get when you don't think their itinerary is perfect! ) Disney changes things enough that numbers can be wrong.

I just called both numbers. The one you have was a Custom Cake number. But, it was a recording-- press this number for this park, this number for that. The number I referenced was a person at private dining. They also do cakes for people dining in a Disney resort or restaurant.

The feeling I got-- though I can't be sure, was that both would work. I think I'm going to leave the number I referenced on my literature, as it got me a person. I always prefer a person! My guess is they could transfer me if the data I gave them indicated I needed something they couldn't provide. Though I would love to hear if anyone has more data!

owes it all to duffy
    What a coincidence x3! Are you doing anything special while there for your dd's bday? Obviously, the trip is special but I am curious and looking for ideas. Do they know about the trip yet? If not, how do you plan to tell them?

We haven't worked out the suprise - still working on that. For her bday we are doing bbb, CRT and maybe the fireworks dessert party.
    Jill

12/1998 - Offsite
    4/2003 - CSR (convention)
    2/2010 - CBR
    5/2011 - CSR - trip report, trip report part 2
    10/2011 - Grand Floridian - trip report
    4/2014 - POR - trip report
    12/2015 - Grand Floridian
    1/2016 - Universal Studios - Portofino Bay trip report
    3/2016 - CSR

doesn't know disney is going to remove all the attractions while she's eating breakfast PR1NC355's Avatar
    We're still trying to figure out the best way to surprise the kids. It'll be EARLY morning (2AM) when we get em out of bed to go, so it's gonna be tricky to come up with something that will work that early. If anyone has ideas, please let me know!

I was also trying to figure out a way to have our room decorated, or even just a few happy birthday balloons or a banner in there, when we arrive. The Disney florist company looks pretty expensive and appears to be just gifts really. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the thread hijack, USAgooner!

Editted to add: Also, the surprise that we're going has to be something that a 5 yr old will pick up on just as quick as a 14yr old. Don't want big brother to be the one to be all excited and then have to explain it to her...if you know what I mean.
    Last edited by PR1NC355; 03-03-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: added info