Thread: Resort Stores - Food Prices

Resort Stores - Food Prices

Silly question of the day...about how much would a large bag of potato chips go for at a resort store? Loaf of bread?

They should both be $4.29.

Here is a link to a DVC order form for groceries. This has the pricing and what is exactly available. Each resort is different (some more than others), I just used Animal Kingdom Lodge as an example. Also, non-DVC resorts will have less available.

(this confirms the 4.29, but in case you are wondering about anything else)

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc/...AKV_041514.pdf
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Nice list! I didn't know something like that was available.

Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

Thanks, very timely. I am typing up a Saratoga Springs review as we speak!

So handy! Now I know what I should pack and what I can wait to get there. Thanks, Micah!

You guys are awesome! Thanks.

Are those lists only available for DVC people? We'll be staying at AKL in a standard room, not a dvc unit, and had planned to order a case of water and a few other small things from one of the grocery delivery places but this seems more convenient.

I don't see wine on the list. Anyone know (or have a picture) what a bottle will cost or what the range will be. Looking at if it is cost effective to buy a few bottles to bring on our cruise. We are flying in and staying at AKL for the night before. I will not bring with us, but thinking about buying at hotel vs on ship.

I concur - Micah does in fact rock
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

Quote Originally Posted by ajj221 View Post
    I don't see wine on the list. Anyone know (or have a picture) what a bottle will cost or what the range will be. Looking at if it is cost effective to buy a few bottles to bring on our cruise. We are flying in and staying at AKL for the night before. I will not bring with us, but thinking about buying at hotel vs on ship.
    Wine is actually pretty fairly priced at the resort shops. At AKL, they have African wines at The Mara. These are old (2013) pictures but it will give you an idea:

The resort store should also have the regular lineup. This is at Saratoga Springs from last month, but other resorts should be similar:

And here is a very large image of the white wine and beer selection:

http://www.easywdw.com/reports12/saratogawine.jpg

(click it and it will get bigger if it doesn't automatically expand)

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGirl View Post
    I concur - Micah does in fact rock
    I always thought of him as more of a jazz soloist.
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitter

Thank you Josh. I found your post about AKL from 2013 very helpful as we will be spending the afternoon / evening exploring the resort and eating at BOMA. Those prices definitely seem reasonable and I have to assume less than a bottle or even better compared to by the glass on the ship

In case any of you are dying to know how much Jack Daniel's costs -- $15.99 for 375 mL (a half bottle).

If you buy it from the Yacht Club, tell them Josh says hi. If anyone will be at French Quarter -- tell them I'll be there first week of March and should prepare their inventory accordingly ;-)

he's right
    For some reason, the wine markups in the resort stores all seem fairly reasonable. The liquor markups are higher, and beer is just ridonculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post
    I always thought of him as more of a jazz soloist.
    you know the difference between a rock star and a jazz soloist right?

a rock star plays three notes for three million people

a jazz soloist plays three million notes for three people
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

Quote Originally Posted by Kasha View Post
    Are those lists only available for DVC people? We'll be staying at AKL in a standard room, not a dvc unit, and had planned to order a case of water and a few other small things from one of the grocery delivery places but this seems more convenient.
    Most (if not all) of the items are available at the resort gift shop. I assume you can only have it delivered if DVC, but it should be available to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ajj221 View Post
    Thank you Josh. I found your post about AKL from 2013 very helpful as we will be spending the afternoon / evening exploring the resort and eating at BOMA. Those prices definitely seem reasonable and I have to assume less than a bottle or even better compared to by the glass on the ship
    We are at this very moment enjoying the MAN Vintners Pinotage on our balcony at Jambo House while watching a giraffe walk by. Great wine, and great view.

After spending ~$10 on drinks in the parks... a $14.95 bottle of wine is great deal, and the selection at Mara and the gift shop is actually quite good.
    Micah

MousePerks

Super helpful post!! Thank u!

Feb 2019- ASMo, May 2018- BCV, Feb 2018- Wyndham Bonnet Creek,
    May 2016- CBR, May 2015- CBR, May 2013- POP, May 2011- Offsite, June 2010- POR