Thread: Animal Kingdom 1/3/15

Animal Kingdom 1/3/15

Pretty much set on ADR's, so not likely to change those. My priorities are to do what we haven't done yet/favorites then, if have time, do the FoW, KS, and PFT. My guess is that my dd will nap about 2-3pm (but it's only a guess since she doesn't nap at home hardly ever). Given that, what is your advice?

Saturday, January 3, 2015 CL7–
    Take bus to Animal Kingdom 9am-7pm (Most Rec.)
    8 am Breakfast at Tusker House
    Expedition Everest - get child swap ticket
    Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost – FP+ 9:00am-10:00am
    It’s a Bug’s Life
    See the tree/Discovery Island Trail
    Meet Pocahontas on Discovery Island Trail
    Majarajah Jungle Trek (30 min.)
    Festival of the Lion King (30 min.) 10:00 AM or 11:00 am (arrive 10-20 minutes early)
    11:35 am Lunch at Tusker House
    Tricera-Top spin x2 or x3 – whole family 1x (dd and dh for 2nd and/or 3rd ride during Dino and PW)
    Dinosaur 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm FP+ (3 of 5 party)
    Primeval Whirl 12:45 pm - 1:45 pm FP+ (2 of 5 party)
    Meet Daisy Duck at Character Landing
    Flights of Wonder show 1:45 PM or 2:45 pm (25 min.) (optional)
    Kilimanjaro Safaris FP+ 2:15 PM -3:15 PM (optional)
    Pangani Forest Trail (30 min.) (optional)
    3:45-4:00 leave AK Take bus to Epcot Beach Club? Walk to Epcot
    5:15 pm Dinner at Akershus DCN
    Last edited by ptlohmysoul; 10-24-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: clarified, removed HS in evening

I suggest following the plan on the cheat sheet. You can get everything done that you want to do done fairly easily. The cheat sheet suggests KS at rope drop. Tusker is right next to KS. You will be way ahead of the crowd when you finish breakfast. We did this on a CL6 day and it worked perfectly. You can move EE to later and use the FP there. You can still use rider swap as well.

Breakfast and lunch buffets at the same restaurant 3.5 hours apart? What time are you planning to be done with breakfast? Then all the way to Epcot and all the way to Hollywood Studios? I'm not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by 3dadknight View Post
    I suggest following the plan on the cheat sheet. You can get everything done that you want to do done fairly easily. The cheat sheet suggests KS at rope drop. Tusker is right next to KS. You will be way ahead of the crowd when you finish breakfast. We did this on a CL6 day and it worked perfectly. You can move EE to later and use the FP there. You can still use rider swap as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Breakfast and lunch buffets at the same restaurant 3.5 hours apart? What time are you planning to be done with breakfast? Then all the way to Epcot and all the way to Hollywood Studios? I'm not sure...
    The plan is to be done with breakfast early, at least by 8:50a; we're generally quick eaters. Of course, at AK, we've never been able to stick to a plan (dh likes spontaneity, I like plan) - that's why for 2 visits in our last years we haven't done everything there (and that's with rope drop and quick service). That's why I am thinking we should do those otherwise minor things first, so we can be sure to do them :/. KS made our ds motion sick 2 years ago, so we are iffy on doing that, and definitely think it's a bad idea to do it immediately after eating (Anyone had to deal with motion sickness and know?). If we did KS or PFT early, then the kids would see the train and feel the need to do that so I also want to avoid that area until late. lol.

It's either Tusker House for lunch or Pizzafari for us - which one would you pick?

Ok, Josh, is "I'm not sure...." a "Are you crazy" or a nice way of saying "It's impossible" or a "If you really want to, you can do it"? lol. You can be straight with me. I can handle it :). Thinking about moving HS stuff to another night anyways, either to 1/2/14 or 1/4/14 since I just realized there is a second show.

Btw, Josh, thanks for all you do! I highly recommend your website to all my friends who mention going to Disney. (And get lots of thanks for it, too.)

I have never heard of anyone going to Tusker House on the same day for both breakfast and lunch. You're already paying a hefty upcharge for the characters, which would be the same at both meals. In addition to eating two all-you-care-to-enjoy meals in the same place. And then you have a third buffet that evening... You could certainly do it, but I'm not sure why you've eliminated Yak & Yeti, Rainforest Cafe, or some of the other better quick services (Flame Tree and Yak & Yeti). If one of the kids is adamant about pizza or something, you can order one at Pizzafari and pretty easily take it to Flame Tree. Or the other way around if you prefer to eat inside.

Can you do a late breakfast at TH, maybe 10:30? That would be the best option I think. Honestly, eating all 3 meals (TS/TS/TS or even TS/QS/TS) is a TON of food and a TON of time We rarely do 3 full meals while at Disney. Why not grab a breakfasty snack on the way in, like a bagel or yogurt, then eat a nice, non-rushed late breakfast/brunch. Then you'll be able to get a lot more in, you don't have to be up so early, just in time for RD at 9, and then work your way through your schedule.

Well, Disney has now changed the opening park hours to 8 am that day, so in all likelihood we will be canceling our 8am breakfast at Tusker House. Anyone interested in coordinating the time I drop it so you can pick it up? Let me know. Haven't completely decided yet, but pretty sure.

Ok, now with the change of opening hours and the crazy high temperature (85), I have cancelled breakfast reservations at TH and changed our schedule to match the cheat sheet minus Kali (that we aren't likely to do). If dh wants to do the Safaris, then we'll have to do them first thing before the heat gets too bad. Shows in the afternoon. Where can we go to sit in air conditioning if we get too hot (besides Pizzafari)? How does this look now? Are bathroom breaks considered in the schedule- lol ?

Kilimanjaro Safaris: (19 min.) 7:55am – 8:25am
    Expedition Everest: 8:40am – 8:55am get child swap ticket
    FP+ 8:30a-9:30am Primeval Whirl: 9:05am – 9:15am
    TriceraTop Spin: 9:17am – 9:25am
    FP+ 9-10am DINOSAUR: 9:30am – 9:50am
    FP+ 10:00am-11:00am Mickey and Minnie at Adventurers Outpost with FastPass+: 10am – 10:15am
    Majarajah Jungle Trek (30 min.) (10:15-10:50)
    See the tree/Discovery Island Trail (10:55-11:10)
    Meet Tarzan on Discovery Island Trail (11:10-11:30)
    11:35 am Lunch at Tusker House DCN 442931949447 Donald, Daisy, Micky, Goofy
    Pangani Forest Trail (30 min.) (1:05pm-1:35)
    2pm Festival of the Lion King (30 min.) or 11 am, 1pm, 3pm (arrive 10-20 minutes early)
    2:45 pm-3:15p Flights of Wonder show 1:45 PM or (25 min.) (2:45-3:15p)
    FP+ 3-4pm It’s a Bug’s Life (8 min.) 3:20-3:45
    3:45-4:00 leave AK Take bus to Epcot Beach Club? Walk to Epcot (75-90 minutes)
    5:15 pm Dinner at Akershus

Also, which bus is better to take: Epcot or to Beach Club to get to Akershus?

I would use FP+ at something in the afternoon - there will be virtually no wait for Primeval Whirl or DINOSAUR that early in the morning.

I would use FP+ at something in the afternoon - there will be virtually no wait for Primeval Whirl or DINOSAUR that early in the morning.
    Since we plan on being at Lion King show early and have only Bug's Life scheduled for the afternoon, would you think it's safe to just schedule Test Track at Epcot for the evening instead? or is the FP+ for Minnie more important (it's a must do for us)? Thanks!

Go to Mickey and Minnie before Everest (it's on the way, you'll take a right as you arrive at the Yak & Yeti restaurant) and you should be golden.

Go to Mickey and Minnie before Everest (it's on the way, you'll take a right as you arrive at the Yak & Yeti restaurant) and you should be golden.
    Great! Thanks!