Page 103 of 317 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 7904

Thread: Rant thread

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lisapennie View Post
    Okay - am I the only person who totally sees something that is not as innocent as a fish upon first glance?
    This is the rant thread, not the anniversary thread (clearly I see what you're saying).

So my management has not listened to any of my suggestions in the past, haven't hired anyone I've recommened (but have gone through 2 other contractors that haven't worked out), or taken my advice on training (but have to deal with the fallout when stuff is done wrong). They have had several discussions with me about wanting to expand my responsibilities to which I have responded on no less than 4 occaisions that I do not want, nor do I feel I can handle taking on the budget. So they schmooze me today saying how capable I am and how respected I am, and they feel I'm ready for more responsiblities, so, oh by the way, you're going to start working on the budget next month.
    Monica

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Why am I allergic to DW? This is the second time in six trips that we've both come home with some sort of crud. This time it's one of those colds that makes you feel like your head is going to explode and makes me sound like a 10-pack-a-day smoker.

I rarely get sick, the DH is sick even less (maybe one cold every 2 years), and here we are both hacking up a couple of lungs.

Followed of course by the ever popular... we can't compensate you for the increase in work load but you know how much we appreciate your effort.

Oh yea, and if you complain, they'll just say you're not being a "team player". Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcioni View Post
    Why am I allergic to DW? This is the second time in six trips that we've both come home with some sort of crud. This time it's one of those colds that makes you feel like your head is going to explode and makes me sound like a 10-pack-a-day smoker.

I rarely get sick, the DH is sick even less (maybe one cold every 2 years), and here we are both hacking up a couple of lungs.
    Glad you enjoyed your visit to the South! I live with crud about 6 months out of the year. I think I'm officially allergic to all the plants and trees down here.
    Brandi

My friends and I affectionately call this the Disney Crud. Never fails to show up after a park visit or cruise.
    Monica

They've been promising a promotion for about 8 months now. I did get a raise a few months ago, but no change in title. Will be having that discussion next week after I wrap my head around this budget thing.
    Monica

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar

DD11 is allergic to some plant down there. With the special cleaning of the room and making sure she's taking Zyrtec and Nasonex starting 2 weeks before trips through a few days after trips, she now manages to do pretty well and no longer ends up on prednisolone and inhalers after trips. Our February trips we do still have to make sure that she washes her hair when we get back to the room to be sure the pollen's out of her hair because there is something blooming late February that's particularly bad for her.

Were both times the same time of year?

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by got2travel View Post
    So my management has not listened to any of my suggestions in the past, haven't hired anyone I've recommened (but have gone through 2 other contractors that haven't worked out), or taken my advice on training (but have to deal with the fallout when stuff is done wrong). They have had several discussions with me about wanting to expand my responsibilities to which I have responded on no less than 4 occaisions that I do not want, nor do I feel I can handle taking on the budget. So they schmooze me today saying how capable I am and how respected I am, and they feel I'm ready for more responsiblities, so, oh by the way, you're going to start working on the budget next month.
    That is just crummy. I hate it when offices do that. At my ATM job, it is not unusual for them to just assign me extra work and then they are all surprised when I tell them that I don't have time for it. Luckily for me....I only have 10 1/2 more months of dealing with it. Sorry that you have to deal with it and hope that this comes with a really HUGE raise. Question.....if you simply mess up on the budget.....will they then see that you really can't handle it and give it to someone else or would that be a job loser?? If the former.....might want to give it a try!!!

I get sick often (just think of all of those nasty germs I get exposed to cleaning those darn ATMs!!) and I seem to the Disney Crud about 50% of the time......Sorry you are not feeling well!!
    Brenda

What's tougher? The Krispy Kreme Challenge or the Toy Story Dash? WolfpackLegion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ke_page View Post
    Try being an NC State fan... you would learn quickly! Stinkin Duke!
    Refs gave that one away

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackLegion View Post
    Refs gave that one away
    The have the talent to beat them... just not the depth. But what can you expect when four starters foul out and your bench wouldn't make the cut in most good highschools?

SO my rant this evening: if you have a dog and you let it out... don't leave it out for 4 hours straight barking. This poor dog is HOWLING since just before 6 tonight. I don't know if it's having a mental breakdown or what... but if it doesn't shut up ......

The have the talent to beat them... just not the depth. But what can you expect when four starters foul out and your bench wouldn't make the cut in most good highschools?

SO my rant this evening: if you have a dog and you let it out... don't leave it out for 4 hours straight barking. This poor dog is HOWLING since just before 6 tonight. I don't know if it's having a mental breakdown or what... but if it doesn't shut up ......
    I called the Humane Society when our neighbors did that (partially because it was annoying and also because it was like 5 degrees out.) Out here, dogs are not allowed to be outside barking non-stop for more than 10 minutes or something like that. Of course, way too many people let their dogs bark forever. It drives me nuts. It's not difficult to bring the dog in.
    ~ Jill

This is one of those times I love our association. They passed a rule that people couldn't leave dogs tethered in the yards, because a) the yards are wee-tiny (we live in a townhouse) and b), the doors don't go all the way down - there's a hole a good 6 inches high under the door that many dogs could wiggle through. The barking thing hasn't really been a problem since then (and it was before - as was getting scared out of your mind that what appeared to be a very large, angry dog was going to get out and come get you). I get that most dogs are friendly - but my ideal way of discovering if they are or not is not by having it lunge out from under a fence.
    Lisa

The dog finally stopped at 11!! It's a dog that is in a little dog run for about 12 hours a day. They also have two sweet little shitzu's that are inside dogs. Apparently, this big mamatama is the red-headed stepdog because he's never inside. I feel so bad for him.

The dog finally stopped at 11!! It's a dog that is in a little dog run for about 12 hours a day. They also have two sweet little shitzu's that are inside dogs. Apparently, this big mamatama is the red-headed stepdog because he's never inside. I feel so bad for him.
    Why have a dog at all if you're just going to leave it outside all day? That is really sad. Does it have appropriate food/water/shelter? If not, I'd call the humane society or a local rescue group about them. That dog deserves a better life.
    ~ Jill

That breaks my heart, I have neigbors like that. The teacup is in the house, purse, car all the time. The two other dogs are outside, they are fed and have shelter but yeah how can people be so mean. I know my pets have it good, real good but what they give me in return is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaPond View Post
    Why have a dog at all if you're just going to leave it outside all day? That is really sad. Does it have appropriate food/water/shelter? If not, I'd call the humane society or a local rescue group about them. That dog deserves a better life.
    I never had inside dogs until I lived in a city. I get it though, it IS the difference between a farm and an urban home. However, our farm dogs were not mistreated! And when it got cold (rarely) Daddy would bring them into the garage and give them old blankets to curl up on.

Now, my dog.. err dogS -- I have two now!! -- are indoor dogs. Spoiled little shitzz!! (No they're not shitzus heh.)

We have two rescue dogs. We got Belle in 2005 and she's a part whippet part who-knows-what. The ADL said she was a dachshund, we don't see it. When we first got her, we were SOO lucky. Jeff's job allowed him to take her to work with him! She slept on a pillow under his desk, then beside his desk as she got bigger. Then they moved to a new office and she wasn't allowed! By that time though Alcoa had closed it's Rockdale plant and I was laid off so I stayed home with her. Jeff missed her terribly so I made him this page. eta: oops, no, it's before Alcoa closed the plant, because that's my work computer set up beside my home computer. It must have been during the time I telecommuted. I'm getting senile.

In January we got Natalie her doggie from a rescue organization that was set up outside Petsmart. She's a Welsh Corgi. It is SO odd to see the two side by side! One is ALL legs, one has almost NO legs!

Oh yea, and before I went off on the doggie tangent I was going to say:

Monica- sorry about the job, that totally sucks
    Pam- I never heard about the Disney crud, sorry you guys get it.
    I am a figment of your imagination.

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    This is what we are being told about the bats now. I do not like it. Would you all please weigh in on what you think? I want to know if I am being over protective. I may be and I need to figure out what is reasonable and would love some outsiders views.
    "The bat excrement has been found on the roof and the overhang that cars drive beneath at pick up time. Because the bats were found "living" in the walls it is assumed that the excrement that is inside the building is "technically" not in the building. It is within the walls of the school. Those walls have been sealed and not cleaned out. The experts have informed GCSD that because of the walls materials (concrete blocks) once sealed the excrement does not pose a hazard to students and staff. "
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

Quote Originally Posted by jandeeah View Post
    This is what we are being told about the bats now. I do not like it. Would you all please weigh in on what you think? I want to know if I am being over protective. I may be and I need to figure out what is reasonable and would love some outsiders views.
    "The bat excrement has been found on the roof and the overhang that cars drive beneath at pick up time. Because the bats were found "living" in the walls it is assumed that the excrement that is inside the building is "technically" not in the building. It is within the walls of the school. Those walls have been sealed and not cleaned out. The experts have informed GCSD that because of the walls materials (concrete blocks) once sealed the excrement does not pose a hazard to students and staff. "
    When my husband comes home let me ask him...he's a school superintendent. I''d like to hear his thoughts on this...

As for the dog comments...

We have a friend who bought a dog because she knew her husband and kids wanted one. It's very yippy...and her husband works out of town during the week...know what she does? She pus it in the little, little house kennel ...had it since it was a puupy but now FILLS IT. Completely. Serious. Can't get her to see what is wrong with keeping it in there all day...they finally started using a shock collar so it doesn't bark as much , but I feel so sorry for it. I keep telling her she just needs to give it away for the sake of the dog since she doesn't want it and doesn't think she has time for it....

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evansmom View Post
    When my husband comes home let me ask him...he's a school superintendent. I''d like to hear his thoughts on this...
    Thanks! I would love to hear his thoughts. TO give you a little more info there were 400 bats roosting in the gym which was sealed off so that it was still safe for the kids to be in school. Then one bat flew into a 4th grade classroom on Wednesday but they said it was safe and had school on Thursday when one flew into the music room so parents just started picking kids up so they closed school early and after many irate parents calling the district office and our representatives they closed school on Friday.
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

My rant for the day. I've got a terrible cold and have felt awful since Thursday. Worked all week and then had to sit in a continuing education class all day today. Should have gotten out early- but the last speaker started early AND ran way over finish time. UGH!

Tonight I love my wine & NettiPot like Toby Keith loves his red solo cup!!

So, against my better judgement and at the insistence of my family I posted the pictures of our most recent trip to my Facebook. It took exactly 30 seconds to get a message from a "friend" "seriously were you in Disney AGAIN? Why?"

Why? Because we enjoy it.

Who the heck would question someone's activities that bring them joy? Does she say the same thing when someone posts pictures of their child's dance recital, or when someone says they had a great time at church? Weird.

Don't let one person's jealous reaction spoil your enjoyment, I'm sure you've got tons of friends who love seeing pictures of your smiling family at DW.