Page 1 of 317 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 7904

Thread: Rant thread

  1. #1
    tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Strasburg, VA
    Posts
    8,597

    Rant thread

    OK....so I really need to rant about something and thought that it would be nice if we had a thread where we could just come and rant about random things happening in our lives. Of course......we will need to make sure that we follow a few rules...so....here they are:

    1- Feel free to use the cute little smilie as much as you want but not actual swearing allowed.

    2- When using the censor smilie, don't spell out part of the word, etc. Leave a little to the imagination.....it makes it more fun for those reading.

    3- If you don't swear but still want to use the smilie....go right ahead. I actually don't swear but love that little guy when I'm upset.....it just makes me feel better to use it!!!!

    4- Remember the forum rules and keep your posts nice. No attacking members, etc. If you are upset with something that another person on the board has done.....this is not the place to handle that at.

    5- Have fun but keep it clean. This is a Disney site and Disney is all about families so let's keep it family friendly.

    OK.....Rant away!!!!
    Brenda

  2. #2
    tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Strasburg, VA
    Posts
    8,597
    OK....first rant!!!!

    A few hours ago, I get this text from my DNiece17. It starts off with "You are going to be mad...." and goes downhill from there. You see, this August, we are having a family reunion with DHs family at Disneyland. This one sister's family has never been able to go with us because DSIL and DBIL (and no.....in this case, "D" does not stand for Dear!!) are too proud to let us pay for them to come. This is why we planned this reunion in the first place. I cleared it with DSIL before we even started the planning and she and her wonderful husband (sarcasm intended) said that they would for sure be able to go. Fast forward to this October when suddenly DSIL is all cold about the whole thing and find out that they are struggling with money so......everyone in DHs family steps forward and offers to pay for them to come (seriously....this is how much everyone wants them to be there.) DNiece14 has been working her butt off saving money from her paper route to help pay for her family to go. She DESERVES TO GO!!!!!! So......we have still been getting the "don't know if we can go" from them but they are saying that DBIL is trying to get off work but doesn't know if they will be able to afford food there, etc.... Umm.....Hello!!!! We are all paying for you!!!!

    Well.........DNieces message today is that she is getting married in September so they can't go to DLR because they can't afford both DLR and a wedding!!!

    OK......now this is wrong in 4 different ways:
    1- Hello.....your family doesn't need any money to go to DLR because everyone else is paying for the trip!!!!!
    2- Avery is 17 years old.....she won't be 18 until Aug 30th. She is really very immature and she is getting MARRIED?!?!?! She doesn't even graduate from High School until June!!!
    3- I'm very upset that my niece felt that a text message was the way to tell me she was getting married. I thought we had been closer then that!!!!
    4- Samma has worked her butt off to save money for this trip. She wants to go so badly and she deserves to. Her sister's and parents' actions cause her to miss out on all kinds of things and this is just not fair. She is totally getting and that makes me MAD!!!!!

    OK....rant over.....for now. I'm just going to get my DMIL on DSIL back until she lets us bring Samma with us to WDW in May and DLR in Aug.....she deserves to go!!!!!
    Brenda

  3. #3
    who gon stop me? HUH? josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,390
    You locked it again

  4. #4
    tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Strasburg, VA
    Posts
    8,597
    OK....new rant!!!! How do I keep locking threads without even knowing that I'm doing it?!?!? Hmmmmm......I think that someone is playing with my mind.
    Brenda

  5. #5
    who gon stop me? HUH? josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,390
    The bottoms of my toes hurt

    I think I need new shoes

  6. #6
    Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,773
    Better jump on this before it's locked, again!

    My MIL is planning a Disney (cruise) vacation for her children and their families. She is NOT using a Disney travel agent! Her travel agent had never even heard of a secret porthole room!

    Oh and . . .

    TAXES!

  7. #7
    Karen DizDragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    OK....first rant!!!!

    A few hours ago, I get this text from my DNiece17. It starts off with "You are going to be mad...."
    I feel your pain my then DNeice17 got married before she graduated high school too. Now all I hear about is how lazy he is and how he won't get a job, etc., etc. really? You knew all that BEFORE you married him. Ugh!
    (Just) Karen

  8. #8
    who gon stop me? HUH? josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,390
    But he'll change!!!


    LOL

  9. #9
    wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,155
    My rant.

    So over the last year I would comment to DH about the carpeting in our family room. How it's looking kinda ratty and we really need new carpeting in there. Of course to him it looked fine. 6 weeks ago we ordered a new sectional for the room. What comes out of his mouth yesterday as we are standing in the family room? "Hmmmm we probably should have gotten new carpeting in here." The new sectional is coming tomorrow.

    Ann

  10. #10
    will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    Posts
    234
    My rant is about inconsiderate dog people that are stupid about dogs. We have a leash law where I live. But there are many people who do not think that the leash law applies to them. They want to walk their dog with their dog being "free" and able to run around on the walk.

    I just want to say to those morons:

    1) No, you really don't have that great of a recall on your dog. I know because I've watched you in our easement saying "No, Fluffy, no, I said No Fluffy...come here! Come here now Fluffy!!!" while Fluffy completely ignores you and runs pell mell down the path, up to other people, up to other dogs and/or starts rolling in whatever dead thing Fluffy found.

    2) It is not cute when your dog runs up to my dog while my dog is properly on his leash. You do not know if my dog is dog aggressive or not. If my 90 lb dog was dog aggressive (lucky for you, he isn't) and he bit your stupid little 10 lb dog in half, whose fault would you think it was? I'm pretty sure you would be screaming about my killer dog that was properly on his leash and in a heel position beside me while your stupid dog was running around off leash and out of anyone's control. Go figure!

    3) Also, that extendo-leash you are using for your out of control dog when someone points out you are breaking the law is not a leash. You have ZIPPO control over your dog on that line. The only thing that line is accomplishing is radius control and creating even worse walking habits in your dog. I've never seen a dog on one of those lines in a heel position or walking loose leash. Gee, I wonder why?

    Okay, I do know one dog that technically walks loose leash on an extendo line. But that is because he is a 2 inch high dog that is walking as fast as he can next to his 90 year old owner that is walking as fast as HE can. They are literally the sweetest dog walking couple I've ever seen in my life. So he gets a pass.

    Thank you for the place to rant. I needed that.

  11. #11
    proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,054
    I started the '30 day Shred' this morning. I can't walk and I hate Jillian Michael's voice.

    Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!


    Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report


    1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

  12. #12
    Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,773
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    I started the '30 day Shred' this morning. I can't walk and I hate Jillian Michael's voice.
    Don't know what the "30 day Shred" is but I already know I want nothing to do with it.

  13. #13
    Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,773
    There's a leash law here, too. It must only apply to walking and not "just letting them out" because ever since our new neighbors moved in we've got dog in our driveway and front yard. Never seen them walking the dog, only seen it sitting untethered on the front porch.

  14. #14
    reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you are
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    382
    Here's mine: My DS's (8) class has had an ongoing lice problem since the first week of school. We've been very lucky and have so far being infested, but it's almost March 1st and one or two kids still have nits!

  15. #15
    will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    I started the '30 day Shred' this morning. I can't walk and I hate Jillian Michael's voice.
    I just started a new training plan also and I appreciate your pain.

  16. #16
    won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,139
    Heres a fun one. I dont think I will cuss though because im too lazy to find the right icon for it. So.. picture this... you are sleeping. You are starting a new exercise program first thing in the morning (5:30am) and are excited, but need your sleep. You take the first hit at about 2:30am when you notice that your 2.5 year old daughter has snuck into your bed like a ninja. She is awake, tossing and turning and eventually says out loud "I want milk please." Ugh... you roll out of bed and trudge into the kitchen where you open the cabinet for a sippy cup... open the fridge... get the milk... pour the glass of milk.. put the lid on and give it to her. She then proceeds to slurp while in bed very loudly. Eventually, probably after about 45 minutes you drift back off to sleep. You are sleeping on your back. Your eyes blink open to the uneasy realization that you are being watched, or there is an unusual presence in the room... you know the feeling. You gently look to your right and standing 12 inches from your face is a figure, cloaked in darkness, utterly silent. "@#@#$ you scared the @#$@ out of me!" She (Meredith, 9) begins to cry. She explains that she heard a noise upstairs and she cant sleep. You follow her upstairs and sit on her bed and listen for the apparent "beeping" noise. Nope, no noise after 15 minutes of staying there. You kiss her goodnight again and head back down. Now you are revved up because your adrenaline is still flowing from the scare. You eventually drift back off at 4:00am and sleep through your 5:30am alarm to start your workout program and sleep until your wife rolls out of bed at 6:30am. Poo!
    GREGG

    Proud DVC owner of:


    Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

  17. #17
    reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you are
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    Heres a fun one. I dont think I will cuss though because im too lazy to find the right icon for it. So.. picture this... you are sleeping. You are starting a new exercise program first thing in the morning (5:30am) and are excited, but need your sleep. You take the first hit at about 2:30am when you notice that your 2.5 year old daughter has snuck into your bed like a ninja. She is awake, tossing and turning and eventually says out loud "I want milk please." Ugh... you roll out of bed and trudge into the kitchen where you open the cabinet for a sippy cup... open the fridge... get the milk... pour the glass of milk.. put the lid on and give it to her. She then proceeds to slurp while in bed very loudly. Eventually, probably after about 45 minutes you drift back off to sleep. You are sleeping on your back. Your eyes blink open to the uneasy realization that you are being watched, or there is an unusual presence in the room... you know the feeling. You gently look to your right and standing 12 inches from your face is a figure, cloaked in darkness, utterly silent. "@#@#$ you scared the @#$@ out of me!" She (Meredith, 9) begins to cry. She explains that she heard a noise upstairs and she cant sleep. You follow her upstairs and sit on her bed and listen for the apparent "beeping" noise. Nope, no noise after 15 minutes of staying there. You kiss her goodnight again and head back down. Now you are revved up because your adrenaline is still flowing from the scare. You eventually drift back off at 4:00am and sleep through your 5:30am alarm to start your workout program and sleep until your wife rolls out of bed at 6:30am. Poo!
    I had to laugh at your post...only because it brings back my own not to far off memories of nightly visits. Hope you get a workout in at some point.

  18. #18
    board on easywdw.com Darcie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    349
    Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    Heres a fun one. I dont think I will cuss though because im too lazy to find the right icon for it. So.. picture this... you are sleeping. You are starting a new exercise program first thing in the morning (5:30am) and are excited, but need your sleep. You take the first hit at about 2:30am when you notice that your 2.5 year old daughter has snuck into your bed like a ninja. She is awake, tossing and turning and eventually says out loud "I want milk please." Ugh... you roll out of bed and trudge into the kitchen where you open the cabinet for a sippy cup... open the fridge... get the milk... pour the glass of milk.. put the lid on and give it to her. She then proceeds to slurp while in bed very loudly. Eventually, probably after about 45 minutes you drift back off to sleep. You are sleeping on your back. Your eyes blink open to the uneasy realization that you are being watched, or there is an unusual presence in the room... you know the feeling. You gently look to your right and standing 12 inches from your face is a figure, cloaked in darkness, utterly silent. "@#@#$ you scared the @#$@ out of me!" She (Meredith, 9) begins to cry. She explains that she heard a noise upstairs and she cant sleep. You follow her upstairs and sit on her bed and listen for the apparent "beeping" noise. Nope, no noise after 15 minutes of staying there. You kiss her goodnight again and head back down. Now you are revved up because your adrenaline is still flowing from the scare. You eventually drift back off at 4:00am and sleep through your 5:30am alarm to start your workout program and sleep until your wife rolls out of bed at 6:30am. Poo!
    I can laugh because I have sooo been there, done that. My 10 yr old loves to do the standing by the side of my bed looking at me until I wake up scared half to death thing.

    Brenda, that sucks for your niece. Hopefully you can convince them to let you take the 14 yr old along. There's not much you can do if her parents don't want to go but it sucks for the kids. One good thing - at least your other niece is planning her wedding for September & not August over your trip so nobody could go. THAT would really suck.

    I have my own rant. We have a trip planned for summer with friends. They have 2boys who are best friends with my 13 yr old son. We have rented a cabin on the lake in British Columbia (about 12 hrs from here). I found out this weekend that our friends have invited another couple & her son to come along. The son is also good friends with my son but he is the most annoying kid ever. His mom has been a single mom all of his life (with various men in and out of the picture). She has always treated him as her partner/friend, which makes it interesting when he stays with us. He is rude, whiny & disrespectful & I don't want to spend a week at the lake with him OR his mom OR her new boyfriend! I can't figure out how to insert the swear icon so just GRRRRR.

  19. #19
    Karen DizDragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    You gently look to your right and standing 12 inches from your face is a figure, cloaked in darkness, utterly silent. "@#@#$ you scared the @#$@ out of me!"
    I'm sooooo glad my boys are old enough now that I can sleep with my door shut tight. They aren't getting through that 100 year old door without me hearing them first.
    (Just) Karen

  20. #20
    loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Curacao
    Posts
    187
    Brenda I feel you frustration, you should do all you could to take Samma with you.

    I was thinking that maybe your DBIL and wife aren't interested in visiting DL and they just hide behind the fact that they don't have money.
    I have family members that told me straight in my face that they think it's a stupid thing to spend so much money for Disney when there are so many other cool places to visit.

    So maybe you should asked them straight out, if they don't want to go, fine, then don't go but give their daughter the chance to go with you guys because she really wants to.

    As for your older niece I won't even go there, these kids nowadays sees marriage like a fairytale.
    They all want to get married and have babies, lots of them if possible.
    They don't even stop to think about all the responsabilities they will get.
    And whatever you say they won't listen anyway.

    So I would focus on taking Samma with you and other family members that really appreciate what you guys are doing for them.
    Wish I was your family
    Thadine

  21. #21
    loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Curacao
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    Heres a fun one. I dont think I will cuss though because im too lazy to find the right icon for it. So.. picture this... you are sleeping. You are starting a new exercise program first thing in the morning (5:30am) and are excited, but need your sleep. You take the first hit at about 2:30am when you notice that your 2.5 year old daughter has snuck into your bed like a ninja. She is awake, tossing and turning and eventually says out loud "I want milk please." Ugh... you roll out of bed and trudge into the kitchen where you open the cabinet for a sippy cup... open the fridge... get the milk... pour the glass of milk.. put the lid on and give it to her. She then proceeds to slurp while in bed very loudly. Eventually, probably after about 45 minutes you drift back off to sleep. You are sleeping on your back. Your eyes blink open to the uneasy realization that you are being watched, or there is an unusual presence in the room... you know the feeling. You gently look to your right and standing 12 inches from your face is a figure, cloaked in darkness, utterly silent. "@#@#$ you scared the @#$@ out of me!" She (Meredith, 9) begins to cry. She explains that she heard a noise upstairs and she cant sleep. You follow her upstairs and sit on her bed and listen for the apparent "beeping" noise. Nope, no noise after 15 minutes of staying there. You kiss her goodnight again and head back down. Now you are revved up because your adrenaline is still flowing from the scare. You eventually drift back off at 4:00am and sleep through your 5:30am alarm to start your workout program and sleep until your wife rolls out of bed at 6:30am. Poo!
    I had a day today, and this post just made me laugh. Thanks Gregg!
    Thadine

  22. #22
    does judge lisapennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    Heres a fun one. I dont think I will cuss though because im too lazy to find the right icon for it. So.. picture this... you are sleeping. You are starting a new exercise program first thing in the morning (5:30am) and are excited, but need your sleep. You take the first hit at about 2:30am when you notice that your 2.5 year old daughter has snuck into your bed like a ninja. She is awake, tossing and turning and eventually says out loud "I want milk please." Ugh... you roll out of bed and trudge into the kitchen where you open the cabinet for a sippy cup... open the fridge... get the milk... pour the glass of milk.. put the lid on and give it to her. She then proceeds to slurp while in bed very loudly. Eventually, probably after about 45 minutes you drift back off to sleep. You are sleeping on your back. Your eyes blink open to the uneasy realization that you are being watched, or there is an unusual presence in the room... you know the feeling. You gently look to your right and standing 12 inches from your face is a figure, cloaked in darkness, utterly silent. "@#@#$ you scared the @#$@ out of me!" She (Meredith, 9) begins to cry. She explains that she heard a noise upstairs and she cant sleep. You follow her upstairs and sit on her bed and listen for the apparent "beeping" noise. Nope, no noise after 15 minutes of staying there. You kiss her goodnight again and head back down. Now you are revved up because your adrenaline is still flowing from the scare. You eventually drift back off at 4:00am and sleep through your 5:30am alarm to start your workout program and sleep until your wife rolls out of bed at 6:30am. Poo!
    Reason number 647 why I will never have children. I have a recurring nightmare that someone is standing over me in bed, and I literally wake up screaming when I have it (DH has gotten very good at the grab and soothe, so that I don't go running out of the room half asleep). Waking up and actually having someone standing over me might be enough to give me a heart attack (though I think my screeching response might prevent future occurrences).
    Lisa






  23. #23
    won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    1,139
    Haha! Lisa, I said those exact same words to my wife this morning. "Staci, this cant happen again. I easily could have died from a heart attack."
    GREGG

    Proud DVC owner of:


    Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

  24. #24
    proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    2,054
    Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    You eventually drift back off at 4:00am and sleep through your 5:30am alarm to start your workout program and sleep until your wife rolls out of bed at 6:30am. Poo!
    This is pretty commendable. My husband would have slept through this whole ordeal and *I* would have been up getting the milk, and being woken by the phantom child.... You are a good dad :)

    Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!


    Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report


    1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

  25. #25
    this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Thadine View Post
    They all want to get married and have babies, lots of them if possible.
    That reminded me...
    My soon to be five year old had stated that she wants 14 babies. When I told her, 'ya know, you actually have to take care of them', she said. 'Oh, ok, I'll only have 7 then'.
    Janine




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •