Page 3 of 548 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post

Jif Natural for me. Never had Nutella. Am I missing something?
    Nutella is hazelnut and chocolate spread - so significantly different than regular peanut butter.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post
    Same here, except he'd rather give himself a root canal than help me plan for it!
    DH is not the planner that I am, but he's actually very good at helping me when I want his help. I actually prefer that; when we got married, he thought he should have equal input into the wedding, and that just drove me crazy. He didn't want to go look at invitations, but he wanted to be able to choose which one he liked. He's much better about Disney, as he lets me make all of the decisions I want to make and only really offers his opinion if I ask for it or if there's something he really wants to do.
    Lisa

wears a coca-cola shirt to club cool just in case vatmark's Avatar
    Ugh. DD15 sprained her ankle yesterday. She did it in gym class skipping. I swear I don't know how this girl manages to do these things. It was swollen yesterday and I wasn't sure if I would need to bring her to the drs. today. She woke today and said it felt a little better. She could walk on it a little better but she is still limping around on it. Problem today will be her gym teacher. He is going to give her a hard time telling her she is just trying to get out of gym. This teacher is a total male chauvinist. I won't even get into that. I asked my daughter if she wanted me to write the teacher a note and she told me not to bother because when people have done that he says to them "Well, is your mom a doctor?"

Ann

I asked my daughter if she wanted me to write the teacher a note and she told me not to bother because when people have done that he says to them "Well, is your mom a doctor?"
    Ugh!! What a jerk! Hope your DD feels better soon
    edith

[AKL 11/06 | POLY 9/07 | POLY 11/08 | CSR 9/09 | BC/POLY 7-8/10 | BLT 1/11 | AKV 1/12 | BLT/POLY 9/13]

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    I agree Edith...what a jerk! I'd tell my DD to respond with "Are you??"
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

despite having 1,000+ posts, does not visit the forum UmmGooD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The only problem is the font was wrong haha.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vatmark View Post
    Ugh. DD15 sprained her ankle yesterday. She did it in gym class skipping. I swear I don't know how this girl manages to do these things. It was swollen yesterday and I wasn't sure if I would need to bring her to the drs. today. She woke today and said it felt a little better. She could walk on it a little better but she is still limping around on it. Problem today will be her gym teacher. He is going to give her a hard time telling her she is just trying to get out of gym. This teacher is a total male chauvinist. I won't even get into that. I asked my daughter if she wanted me to write the teacher a note and she told me not to bother because when people have done that he says to them "Well, is your mom a doctor?"

Ann
    Grrr......he really is a jerk. I don't understand people like that. As far as her getting hurt......I was that kid and just so you know......since I turned 20, I've only been on crutches once, broken 2 toes and sprained a wrist when slipping on ice. Not bad for 19 years (when you consider that would have been a year when I was a kid!!!) So.....there is hope for her!!!
    Brenda

despite having 1,000+ posts, does not visit the forum UmmGooD's Avatar
    I'll be serious and be the devils advocate. I do think the guy is a jerk but the problem is there are parents that abuse it and write notes for their kids when there is really no issue the kid just doesn't want to do P.E. If there wasn't a problem with people abusing the situation I am sure it might have gone a different direction. I remember friends of mine in H.S. who would have their parents write them a note to get out of P.E. and these were kids who needed it (Believe me I did and I didn't like P.E. but would never ask my parents to get out of it because they would say no.)

I frankly don't even bother anymore. If my kid is sick or has an issue that will cause them to miss school for any reason or just a portion of the day I take them to the Dr. It helps with my daughter too who likes to use illnesses to get out of school.

Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    Grrr......he really is a jerk. I don't understand people like that. As far as her getting hurt......I was that kid and just so you know......since I turned 20, I've only been on crutches once, broken 2 toes and sprained a wrist when slipping on ice. Not bad for 19 years (when you consider that would have been a year when I was a kid!!!) So.....there is hope for her!!!
    Well that's good to know. Now lets' hope DS doesn't get anymore stitches. He's 12 and got his 1st set of stitches at 18 months old and then 3 times after that. 2 sets in the same place-right above his right eye, 1 set in the back of his head and then decided he would try some stitches in his knee. What gets me is that he is not even some daredevil kinda kid. My sisters kids are the daredevils and neither has ever had stitches. Go figure.

My DD's ankle is doing better. She said gym went okay.

As far as the teacher being a jerk, it's not just the note stuff that earned him that title. He basically doesn't want to deal with the girls and won't let them do things the boys are doing like flag football or kickball. He tells the girls they are lazy. I can understand that kids will try to get out of gym but my daughter is always prepared and dressed out for gym and she tries her best. She may not be the most athletic but she tries. I would never let her get out of gym because she just didn't feel like taking it. But I do understand that there are parents that would.

Oh good news. DD came home today with her 1st semester high school transcript and she is ranked #1 out of 644 kids. We are so proud of her. She may not stay #1 through her high school career but at least she can say she was ranked #1 once.

Ann

Oh good news. DD came home today with her 1st semester high school transcript and she is ranked #1 out of 644 kids. We are so proud of her. She may not stay #1 through her high school career but at least she can say she was ranked #1 once.

Ann
    That's awesome!! Wow!

Ann
    Now there is something to brag about. That is totally awesome. Not only can she say that she was #1 but you can say that your daughter was #1!!!! We all know that parents play a big roll in kids doing such awesome things!!!!

Also.....glad to hear that her ankle is doing better. Your 12 year old sounds like my sister. She was always walking into things and needing stitches. Of course......her excuse is that she legally blind.....but still......
    Brenda

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    Wow!!! First out of 644! Now that's something!
    Janine

reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you are
    That definitely deserves bragging rights.

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Wow Ann! That is awesome!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmGooD View Post
    The only problem is the font was wrong haha.
    Thadine

loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    Way to go! Something to be really proud of!

And while in highschool I also had a gymteacher that was a jerk. If we would take too much time to change into our gymclothes he would just open the door of the changing room and walked inside barking that we had to get out. Very embarrassing if you were still half dressed
    Thadine

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    FYI..we just submitted the contract and paid the deposit for our vow renewal at the end of September, so we're definitely on. Won't get much time to plan any details until after my oldest has her sweet 16 party in a few weeks, though.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar

Ann
    Congrats!
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

Do they rank you all the way down to #644? Is some poor kid going to show #644 to his/her parents? Does the kid at #643 say, "Well mom, it could have been a lot worse."

Quote Originally Posted by tiggr88 View Post
    FYI..we just submitted the contract and paid the deposit for our vow renewal at the end of September, so we're definitely on. Won't get much time to plan any details until after my oldest has her sweet 16 party in a few weeks, though.
    Congrats!!! I'm sure that it will be a special time for you!!!

Do they rank you all the way down to #644? Is some poor kid going to show #644 to his/her parents? Does the kid at #643 say, "Well mom, it could have been a lot worse."
    That would be so sad...wouldn't it?
    Brenda

That's actually why a lot of schools are going away from rankings - that and to be ranked #1 by senior year, many kids have to take insane schedules - all AP classes Junior and Senior year, no time for fun electives - and honestly, that's just not healthy. I'm all for getting a good education, but there has to be time for fun, too.
    Lisa

I have no clue. This is all new to me as it is my 1st child in high school. I'm assuming there is a kid that does have #644 out of #644 listed. Truthfully I am pretty sure the kid that is at #644 probably doesn't really care that they are ranked #644. I also highly doubt the parents care either and probably never see the transcript. It's sad.

Ann

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
    DH actually let me talk to him about Disney for a full 20 minutes last night, LOL! He LOVES it when we're there, but seems to "forget" when we're home.

On another note, this dog needs a bath! Any volunteers? He's 130 pounds of goofball!
    Hi, my name is Jen and I'm a Pixie Dust Addict.

Quote Originally Posted by JW73 View Post
    DH actually let me talk to him about Disney for a full 20 minutes last night, LOL! He LOVES it when we're there, but seems to "forget" when we're home.

On another note, this dog needs a bath! Any volunteers? He's 130 pounds of goofball!
    Holy cow! What kind of dog is that?

Ann

Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
    He's a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog and he's going to the groomer tomorrow.
    Hi, my name is Jen and I'm a Pixie Dust Addict.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” - Dr. Seuss