Page 546 of 547 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547 LastLast
Results 13,626 to 13,650 of 13654

Thread: I'm just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post
    I was browsing Reddit and stumbled upon a question about Disney.
    This was my response.

If you knew the parks like the back of your hand AND you had fast passes lined up at the 60-day mark for onsite visitors AND understood the logistics behind rope dropping AND had your own car, sure it would be possible, but even then it would be more for just the challenge of it.

But if you insist.

All three parks you would like to visit open at 9:00, and seeing as Dudley Dursley would have a better chance of being the Best Man at Harry's wedding than you would have at securing a Flight of Passage Fastpass, the question becomes, do you attempt to rope drop Magic Kingdom or
    Animal Kingdom?

That is a tough call, but I am going to go with
    Magic Kingdom in order to blow through the original three Fastpasses and be constantly on the hunt for a 4th, 5th, etc.

So, I would rope drop Magic Kingdom. Since the park opens at 9:00, that means I am going to be having my Uber drop me off at the Contemporary no later than 7:45. You need to make sure you are right up against the rope at
    opening. There will be 15,000 people in front of you if you show up right at 9:00.
    I would be hoping for Fastpasses that are 9:00-10:00 Haunted Mansion, 10:00-11:00 Pirates, 11:00-12:00 Jungle Cruise
    At rope drop, I am going to head straight for Peter Pan. Then Small World. Use Fastpass for Haunted Mansion. Look at wait for Splash, if less than 25 minutes ride it, if not head for Pirates. If not 10:00 yet, watch the Enchanted Tiki Room. If it is, immediately
    use Fastpass for Pirates. Then watch Tiki Room and check out the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, eat a Dole Whip and wait for 10:55. Hop on Jungle Cruise.

Immediately head out of the park and open the Lyft app and book a MinnieVan to Epcot. The
    MinnieVans pick you up at the bus terminal and are much closer. As you are riding, start looking for Fastpasses in Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

It is probably
    pushing 12:30 to 1:00 now.

If Spaceship Earth is less than 30 minutes or you were able to grab a Fastpass, then ride it. But you wanted to come to Epcot for the countries. I would start on the Canada side. Grab a beer and some fish and chips in England and start walking. And walking And walking.
    The plan is to be back at the front of Epcot no later than 4:00.

MinnieVan to
    Animal Kingdom. At this point you are going to have to play it by ear. Keep checking the app for Fastpasses and looking at wait times. There is plenty to do in Animal Kingdom that has no line to speak of. Either walking trails or basically waiting until shows start. The key is getting to Pandora around 8:00 or so. It becomes gorgeous at night. You also can hop in line for Flight of Passage right up until park closing.

You won't be getting back to your room until midnight or later.

As for Disney Springs and the Void. Don't even attempt it on this day. You don't need a ticket for Disney Springs and can come back some other evening after you are done at Universal.

Edit: Oh, and nobody is allowed to go to the bathroom. Not enough time.
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitterô

This person is very lucky you took the time to respond! But now we will never know, will they actually put the plan into place?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    This person is very lucky you took the time to respond! But now we will never know, will they actually put the plan into place?
    They didnít seem to like my plan. They are going next Thursday.

They didn’t seem to like my plan. They are going next Thursday.
    Oh my goodness, I hope they have fun. I know Universal is a good time, and we’ve done a week there in the past, but you can easily see everything you want and then some in 2-3 days. Especially if you’re not into thrill rides. These poor folks could do what they want at WDW if they really hustle in 2-3.
    Brandi

We feel we are done with Universal and IoA usually after 2 half days. We stay onsite for one night, one morning at US, pool time, citiwalk, second morning at IoA. We may need another day for the Volcano Bay next time potentially

People just don't know how big WDW and how far from each other are the parks. you can walk from one park to another in DLParis and DLCalifornia. WDW is very different

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Bless their hearts.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

ok Im curious enough... you gotta link to this thread. I hope they post back with how they did.

We had to get a new cylinder installed on one of our front door locks. DW had to go to Home Depot to buy garden stuff, had extra copies of the new key made, and came home with this:

Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Those are great, Mark. I’ll surprise my wife with a set when we move in a few months.
    June 2004 ASMO; Dec 2005 POP; Feb 2007 POP; March 2011 POR; March 2014 POR; Feb 2015 BWV; Sept 2015 PVB; Jan 2016 AKV Jambo (kind of); Feb 2016 OKW; Sept 2016 PVB; Feb/March 2017 BWV/PVB; Aug/Sept 2017 BCV; Feb 2018 BLT/CCV

MY TRIP REPORTS

Target Car Seat Trade-in Event through tomorrow, May 4th.

More info here: https://corporate.target.com/corpora...-seat-trade-in

that's a shame
    One of DD's teachers is going to WDW this week. Last week, the teacher asked DD, "How long is the boat ride from downtown springs to Epcot?" DD replied, "I think you mean Disney Springs. There is no boat. You have to take a bus from whichever hotel you're staying at." Teacher, "A bus?? Well, how long would it be to walk?"

If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    One of DD's teachers is going to WDW this week. Last week, the teacher asked DD, "How long is the boat ride from downtown springs to Epcot?" DD replied, "I think you mean Disney Springs. There is no boat. You have to take a bus from whichever hotel you're staying at." Teacher, "A bus?? Well, how long would it be to walk?"

Same planet, different worlds.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Ran into Rick Astley. He gave me his entire Pixar collection, except one of them.

He started dancing and said, "Never going to give you UP."

Am I the only one who can't see Disney's "Now More Than Ever" marketing without thinking of this? https://youtu.be/mvmAa1cYZK4

Awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm more disappointed that Veep is ending than Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Not That Josh View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm more disappointed that Veep is ending than Game of Thrones.
    I'm right there with you. Never watched GoT, but loved Veep and sad to see it go. Pretty good finale last night, I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroCOTfan View Post
    I'm right there with you. Never watched GoT, but loved Veep and sad to see it go. Pretty good finale last night, I thought.
    I did see one of the actors say in an interview that a movie is a possibility, so maybe we will see the characters again in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Not That Josh View Post
    I did see one of the actors say in an interview that a movie is a possibility, so maybe we will see the characters again in a couple of years.
    That's a weird thought, based on the finale. Stranger things have happened, though, and if the money is good enough I'm sure it will happen.

I just had a chance to see the Veep finale last night. It was a solid wrap-up, though I was surprised how they ended the main story line of the season. I mean they let her win? Really? That seems so not in keeping with the spirit of the show. But apart from that quibble I was glad to have it go out on a good run of shows that were much better than Season 6. I will miss it, and would love to see a Richard Splett spinoff.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

[hidden text with Veep finale spoilers]

Yeah, they may have let her win, but I think the most telling moment was that brief period right after everyone left the Oval and before she got the phone call, when she was sitting at the desk alone. You could see on her face just how miserable she was and how, after everything she compromised to get there, she still wasn't happy. Great piece of acting, all in an expression, by JLD there. (IMO)

And I'm definitely on board with a Splett spinoff!

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    I leave for my first solo trip tomorrow!!!!!!!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    I leave for my first solo trip tomorrow!!!!!!!
    Have a great time!!!

Enjoy your trip jillyb!