Page 1 of 548 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm just saying...

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar

I'm just saying...

I thought I would start a thread to chat about... Whatever

Like today, I actually referred to my daughter as DD5 in everyday conversation.
    I got a few strange looks.
    Janine

I'm about to watch Jackass 3 and pour a vase of Scotch. I assume that isn't normal behavior for a Disney World forum member? I feel like it would have been smarter to pretend like I am a 42 year old mother of three or something.

Then maybe I am a 42 year old mother of three pretending to be a 25 year old pouring a glass of Scotch.

Being a 44 year old mother of one, I'm about the watch The Little Mermaid. No scotch... popcorn and juice.

update;
    my daughter just pulled a piece of popcorn out of the bowl, and exclaimed 'hey look, Mama, this one looks like Mickey Mouse'. She'll be a natural finding all those hidden Mickey's.
    Janine

loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    great thread!!!.

Right now I just finished packing a few bags because we are going to spend the whole day at the beach tomorrow.
    I rented Life as we know it, and I am heading to bed with a bar of chocolate to see the movie, knowing me I will fall asleep in the middle of it.
    That happens when you are getting closer to 40
    Thadine

Life on Curacao sounds harder and harder every day

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    The girls have been wayyyyyyy to quiet. They've either finally killed each other or they've passed out. I'm hoping for "passed out". Even if they're still up I'm just happy for the peace and quiet. Having two competitive girls (DD Hannah and my granddaughter Madison) in the same house is killing me.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

owes it all to duffy
    all kids finally asleep and now I commence my nightly disney forum chats. I think I may have a problem - every night and I am on these boards! I think I may have to tone down my disney obsession or DH will never let me plan a trip again. I have a million things to do, yet here I sit!

I'm eating Nutella out of the jar with a spoon. I don't do Scotch, so that's as close as I get.

DH went to bed. Kids were sent to bed around 8:15 because we just couldn't stand them anymore. At which point they had a raging battle upstairs about "he's in my room," "she came in my room and took the iPod", etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (best spoken like the King of Siam). I will be going to bed soon myself.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

prefers quisp over quake tiggr88's Avatar
    I was having Quisp and milk watching the Ranger game I recorded. Does anyone else remember Quisp, or am I just showing my age again? It was a cereal similar to Cap'n Crunch in suaucer shape with an alien with a helipcopter type blaade on top of his head as the character.
    Oct 89 QS, Sep '98 Poly Concierge, Jan '01 ASMu, Oct '01 HI Family Suites, Oct '03 HIFS, Oct '03 Portofino Bay (anniversary trip), Dec '04 POFQ, Oct '05 ASMu, Oct '06 ASMu, Nov '07 Magic cruise, Nov '08 ASMu (family reunion), Dec '08 BCV/BC (20th anniversary trip w/o kids), Aug '10 HRH, Sept/Oct '11

I went out for lunch today (well, technically it's now yesterday) with a bunch of friends from my previous job/school. It was lots of fun seeing them, and now I remember why I liked my fellow academics (previous job/degree was in the English dept. at NIU) more than I like my current MBA classmates. Not that MBA people aren't nice - but they're so much more, well, stuffy, and I certainly have more in common with my old crowd.

We caught up on American Idol as well - I think I like the new season, but the girls kind of suck. There's a few that are good - but I'd be surprised if the guys don't do better overall based on what I've seen.
    Lisa

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    etcetera, etcetera, etcetera (best spoken like the King of Siam).
    Is there any other way???

Thanks for starting this thread Janine!!!! Love the name of it too!!!

I got home from work about 35 minutes ago after working a 13 hour day. It was only suppose to be a 10 1/2-11 hour day but that darn Red Line kept breaking down making me waste time sitting in a subway station waiting for the next train to finally come and take me to my next ATM. I hate it when that happens.....I don't get paid by the hour.....only for cleaning the machine so I so hate wasting time waiting for a train!!! So glad that I could come home and read about some fun Disney stuff before heading off to bed to get some sleep so that I can do a 10 hour day tomorrow!!!

Night all!!!!
    Last edited by blyday; 02-26-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Brenda

Where was this thread last night when I was polishing off a bottle of champagne?
    (Just) Karen

loves surprises, but not very good at them Thadine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Life on Curacao sounds harder and harder every day
    It is when you are in love with a certain mouse

Hope you all will have a nice relaxed saturday!
    Thadine

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    I am coming to the realization that I cant handle alcohol. It seems like whenever I have 2 or more glasses of wine, I wake up early.... like really early. Today it was 4:00am. Then I cant get back to sleep. Might as well get stuff done... like Disney forum stuff.
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    I thought I would start a thread to chat about... Whatever

Like today, I actually referred to my daughter as DD5 in everyday conversation.
    I got a few strange looks.
    I do this all the time, but when referreing to my husband! I say DH and people look at me like i'm crazy. I need to watch that...

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Good morning!

My dad used to have a glass of scotch every night (see Josh, maybe you're older than you make us think - kind of an old man's drink. ) When I was maybe 13 I decided to pour myself a big glass when my parents weren't home. Dumped it out pretty fast & wondered why you would want to drink when alcohol tasted so nasty? Didn't take me long to figure out there were better tasting drinks!

Quote Originally Posted by DizDragonfly View Post
    Where was this thread last night when I was polishing off a bottle of champagne?
    Oooh, I like the way you spend a Friday night...
    Janine

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar
    I'm so excited to be hanging out with my boys watching the Phillies. Spring is near!!!!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Making mint-chocolate cake balls
    edith

[AKL 11/06 | POLY 9/07 | POLY 11/08 | CSR 9/09 | BC/POLY 7-8/10 | BLT 1/11 | AKV 1/12 | BLT/POLY 9/13]

Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney related LizD's Avatar
    This morning ds7 had made a Lego creation and was upset when his brother got into it. I told him, "That's what 2 year olds do...if you leave something where he can reach it he is likely to get into it." To which the 2 year old agreed, placing his palm on his chest and saying, "Yeah, me baby."

Hmmm...me thinks I have been being "played"!

Quote Originally Posted by Bookmommy View Post
    This morning ds7 had made a Lego creation and was upset when his brother got into it. I told him, "That's what 2 year olds do...if you leave something where he can reach it he is likely to get into it." To which the 2 year old agreed, placing his palm on his chest and saying, "Yeah, me baby."

That's what my brother used to do. I'm five years older, and he was into everything, but milked the baby card all he could. It got frustrating sometimes because he was really a PitA a lot of the time, but I was supposed to be nice no matter what because I was older and knew better. I love my brother, and my parents weren't as bad as many with the whole older/younger sibling thing, but there were times where it was really upsetting that he could get away with stuff that never would have been tolerated from me just because he was the baby.
    Lisa

My brother used to take apart my Legos. Even the little Lego guy character hands and feet and stuff. It got the point where my mom would "literally" glue the sets together. When my brother broke those they would just come apart in chunks rather than individual pieces. Easier to put back together in chunks I guess.

reminding you how wonderful and accommodating you are
    Ugh! Did any of you ever have a friend that was always negative and energy draining? I just got off the phone with such a friend. DH came into the room just as I was finishing up the one side conversation and knew exactly who I was talking with. My friend practically hung up on me because I dared to interject a different opinion than hers (she just wants me to agree that she is the victim 100% of the time).

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookmommy View Post

Love it!!! Those little kids are much smarter then we think. My DSis was telling about her 2 year old who just randomly slugged her brother in the eye. When my sis asked her what had happened, she sat back on a pillow with her hands behind her head and legs crossed and said, "Me hit him". DSis tells her that hitting isn't nice and if she does it again, she will have to go to time out. My niece sees this as a bonus so she immediately gets up, wacks her brother as hard as she can and goes sit in timeout!!! I LOVE 2 year olds!!!! (Said by the aunt who can't have kids so just gets to enjoy the humor in it all!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by roball View Post
    Ugh! Did any of you ever have a friend that was always negative and energy draining? I just got off the phone with such a friend. DH came into the room just as I was finishing up the one side conversation and knew exactly who I was talking with. My friend practically hung up on me because I dared to interject a different opinion than hers (she just wants me to agree that she is the victim 100% of the time).
    Sorry.....friends like that can be hard. I have a mom and 3 sisters like that. Seriously.....I'd disown my whole family if it weren't for an amazing dad and 2 other sisters who are two of my best friends.

Well.......I was suppose to work today but after my bad day yesterday and the fact that I haven't been feeling great all week.....I was just a zombie this morning which doesn't make driving 4+ hours round trip a good idea. Plus....my eyes are bad which makes wearing those hard contacts even more difficult which means I'm pretty well blind so again....not good with the driving thing. So, I'm resting today and taking care of the eyes and I'll get that work done on Monday. I so wish that Feb had an extra day....I hate going to the airports on Mondays!!!
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Oooh, I like the way you spend a Friday night...
    I put a little mango juice in there too. Soooo good!
    (Just) Karen