Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rider switch changes??

ernierich, what was your experience from your trip, please?! I've seen so much speculation, and very little actual reports. Sooooooo?

We got back last week and got rider swap tickets good for up to 3 people, valid through the end of August, just showing my DD3. No specific waiting area. I took her to do other stuff while DH and DD4 rode, and then we swapped and I rode with DD4.
    Oct 2009 - Off-site | Aug 2014 - Pop! | Sept 2015 - POR!! |Feb 2016 - Pop! *Girl's Trip* | Feb 2018 - POFQ? *Sibling trip*

Awesome, sheilashoelady! Thanks for the reply!

Just returned from 4 days of using Rider Switch Passes... and everything was mostly like normal. We got a pass at the entrance to the queue, which was good through the end of the month, and it was good for 3 people.

The only difference was something they were testing at BTMRR and Splash Mountain, but we didn't see anywhere else. Instead of giving us the Pass at the beginning of the queue, they gave us something to carry through the line (a lanyard with a card hanging from it), and then give to a CM on the other end at the FP+ merge point, who then gave us the actual Rider Switch Pass, which was just like normal. My DW didn't take a picture of it though, so I never even got a close look at it personally. My guess of why they were doing this is if they have had issues with people taking the Pass and then not getting in line... otherwise I am not sure why they would bother.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

That sounds like a reasonable idea.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    That sounds like a reasonable idea.
    Agreed.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Just returned from 4 days of using Rider Switch Passes... and everything was mostly like normal. We got a pass at the entrance to the queue, which was good through the end of the month, and it was good for 3 people.

The only difference was something they were testing at BTMRR and Splash Mountain, but we didn't see anywhere else. Instead of giving us the Pass at the beginning of the queue, they gave us something to carry through the line (a lanyard with a card hanging from it), and then give to a CM on the other end at the FP+ merge point, who then gave us the actual Rider Switch Pass, which was just like normal. My DW didn't take a picture of it though, so I never even got a close look at it personally. My guess of why they were doing this is if they have had issues with people taking the Pass and then not getting in line... otherwise I am not sure why they would bother.
    Did the non-rider wait on the platform or exit the ride?
    this test would force you to have FP+ for all riders including the non-rider if you were using the FP line. This could make people mad.

Quote Originally Posted by ajj221 View Post
    Did the non-rider wait on the platform or exit the ride?
    this test would force you to have FP+ for all riders including the non-rider if you were using the FP line. This could make people mad.
    The non-rider can leave and do whatever they want during that time... they don't come along once the lanyard is handed off, just like it always has been. Nothing different with needing FP+ for the non-rider either.
    Micah

MousePerks

My understanding was that recently FP+ was needed for all members of you party if entering the FP+ line? For example, if my DH and 2 DS entered the FP+ line for Splash but I wanted to wait with younger DS who is too small, then they also needed to scan my band for FP+? Is this happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsp1030 View Post
    My understanding was that recently FP+ was needed for all members of you party if entering the FP+ line? For example, if my DH and 2 DS entered the FP+ line for Splash but I wanted to wait with younger DS who is too small, then they also needed to scan my band for FP+? Is this happening?
    Not in my experience. In fact we used this to our advantage to get extra Swaps/FP+ multiple times (ToT/StarTours, TestTrack/Soarin', etc). In fact, for 7DMT we even got 2 Swaps by having DW and DS6 go through the FP+ line first and ride, and then I went through with DS6 (he was wearing DS3s MB this time) 15 minutes later and got another Swap. DS6 ended up being able to ride 4 times in one day, his new favorite ride.
    Micah

MousePerks

Thank you so much for the updates!
    Anyone have experience lately with getting a swap if your child was tall enough but not ready for certain rides? I ask because it is looking like DS2 will be 40 inches by the time of our trip. I do not think he will be ready for TOT. I've read mixed reviews on swaps for tall enough children.
    Thanks again!!