Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Change" with fast pass policy

will take any rain...even if its men. RoonieRoo's Avatar
    Very soggy, muddy, flooding plains of the Blackland Prairie! Yay for flooding!
    Exactly. Now the poor CM's get to argue with guests all day over what is considered "extreme". Can you imagine the waiters in the restaurants with the guests yelling that they are going to miss their FP window. Haha. I really don't see how they can make this change without a lot of grief for the poor CMs.

I've never seen a "compelling" argument as to why the current system is somehow flawed. If 100 people every hour use their FASTPASS late, doesn't that have zero impact on anyone's wait times? If they're going to a new system of some kind (which is years away at best) then that's fine. But I'm not smart enough to know what's wrong with the current one. People whine about 1,000 Brazilians showing up at one time or whatever, but enforcing FASTPASS times isn't going to change that. Their tour guide gets all those FASTPASSes at once and they can just wait for the median time if it really came to that i.e. the first FASTPASS is for 10:00am - 11:00am and the 1,000th FASTPASS is for 10:30am - 11:30am. Just go at 10:30am.

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    I must say though, that I have never heard this much "chatter" about it for this long of a period of time...........
    I really hope it doesnt pan out. It could very well make me not go back very often.
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

This sounds like a case of the cure being worse than the disease. (Also known as the law of unintended consequences ).

I wonder if this comes to pass if they will decide that it's more trouble than it's worth, or if they will stick with this no matter what. Is the new nextgen system driving this? If it's computer driven, computers tend to not like shades of grey and don't make value judgments. So instead of dealing with that, they'll go ahead and force a circle peg into the square hole to make it work maybe.

this site is awesome. i've never visited, but i love josh. Janine's Avatar
    If they do start enforcing this by the end of the month, I hope they realize it's a mistake by October 14. That's when I'm going
    Janine

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    A couPle of years ago a bus driver was talking about the fifth park they would soon be announcing. I don't doubt the bus drivers and CMs believe the information they're sharing, but they have a really bad track record when it comes to accuracy.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

We just arrived in Orlando. I am anxious to see how this goes.
    Ali
    It's true.... I am most happy when I am planning a Disney family vacation!!

Not sure I'd risk it. I heard they put you on Pirates of the Caribbean and shut if off in the middle for a couple of hours if you try to use one "late."

I might love that! At least it is air conditioned in PoTC. 6 months pregnant it feels more hot here than normal.
    It's true.... I am most happy when I am planning a Disney family vacation!!

waiting for a street car
    Josh! You survived your last whirlwind touring. Looking forward to the report.

Are you typing it?

not going to be flippant...unless... peachygreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenmilz View Post
    We were told by a CM at Peter Pan on Sunday that by the end of the month FPs will be good only during the printed times except for "extreme circumstances". Let's see if that's BS or valid...
    Having heard this many times before (different dates) I'll believe it when I see it consistantly enforced.

waiting for a street car
    Ah, I see you've posted pictures and stuff in the I'm just saying thread.
    I wasn't trying to be pushy. Just one of the many who enjoy your reports.

carries her own pineapple juice RebeccaMcK's Avatar
    I saw people chatting about this on another site, too, and I hope nothing changes with the Fastpass policy - but if changes do come maybe they'll give 2-hour windows instead of 1-hour ones....people could plan their meals around that, but not 180 days in advance, that's for sure (when they book ADRs).
    2010 WDW&US ASMo 1 Day Solo US&DHS Trip Report, 2011 Poly (incl. DLR/DCA July & Dec)
    Trip Report, 2012 DLR PPier Trip Report w/bonus features, 2013 ASMo Trip Report, 2014 Oct AKL-KV, BLT & Nov ASSp WDW&US Trip Report & more.

he's right
    by the end of the month FPs will be good only during the printed times except for "extreme circumstances".
    It's always "soon", "next month", etc.

he's right
    I have never heard this much "chatter" about it for this long of a period of time...........
    Cast Members hear (and repeat) rumors just like guests do. Thanks to the Internet, (which some CMs read), rumors have a way of spreading like wildfire even when they have no basis in fact.

Josh is right. Fancy new XPass might change the way things work for some as-yet-unknown reason, but otherwise I can't see it happening. If late returns were such a problem, they'd be a bigger problem at Disneyland---the crowd mix there is much more "local", and the locals are more likely to know the score on late returns, and to use them.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bnoble View Post
    Cast Members hear (and repeat) rumors just like guests do. Thanks to the Internet, (which some CMs read), rumors have a way of spreading like wildfire even when they have no basis in fact.

Josh is right. Fancy new XPass might change the way things work for some as-yet-unknown reason, but otherwise I can't see it happening. If late returns were such a problem, they'd be a bigger problem at Disneyland---the crowd mix there is much more "local", and the locals are more likely to know the score on late returns, and to use them.
    I was just going to say this same thing about DLR. I've noticed that the FP lines there are always longer in the evening then earlier in the day. The few people there who actually use FP tend to use them late and there has never been any talk that I've heard about that changing. Nor have I heard of anyone who has any issues with it. It seems like it is only those going to WDW who have issues with late FPs.
    Brenda

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    Why are we still talking about this?

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

Just to instill fear.

Yeah, but my fear is that this board is going to disintegrate into something resembling that other board.( The only thread over there I follow is the Shades of Green thread, as that is the only reliable info on that) . Let's all rally round, and follow our leader; who I suspect is pretty much an expert. Until Josh gets excited about something; I'm pretty sure it's not worth any effort on my part.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by famouschinesecontroller View Post
    Yeah, but my fear is that this board is going to disintegrate into something resembling that other board.( The only thread over there I follow is the Shades of Green thread, as that is the only reliable info on that) . Let's all rally round, and follow our leader; who I suspect is pretty much an expert. Until Josh gets excited about something; I'm pretty sure it's not worth any effort on my part.
    I honestly believe that as long as Josh stays active on these boards and sets the tone.....we will never have to worry about this board turning into that "other" board.
    Brenda

I hope so.

DLR March 2011

As long as we don't degenerate to:

Person 1: YOU'RE DUMB!
    Person 2: No, you're stupid!
    Person 1: YOU'RE DUMB!
    Person 2: No, you're stupid!

I think we're okay.

Nothing wrong with discussing FASTPASS policy and the possible ramifications of a change. It seems to me like FASTPASS enforcement is unnecessary and borderline impossible to implement. But you never know. Disney has tried to do dumber things in the past.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    That was dumb and stupid.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

not going to be flippant...unless... peachygreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    That was dumb and stupid.