Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Meet and Greet and Book Signing August 16 and 17

  1. #1
    who gon stop me? HUH? josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,390

    Meet and Greet and Book Signing August 16 and 17

    While I am normally reclusive, Dave and I will be meeting and greeting the weekend of August 16th and 17th.

    Current plans are:

    August 16th at 2pm at Epcot outside Liberty Inn in the United States Pavilion.

    August 17th at 5pm at Magic Kingdom at Tomorrowland Terrace.

    Please come say hi!

  2. #2
    Senior Member Micah008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,408
    Great idea! I will be 10 days too late, but I think its cool you guys are doing this.
    Micah

    MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV

  3. #3
    Member OsMomAmanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    81
    Yay! We'll be at WDW then and we even plan on being at MK on the 17th. Hope we get to meet you, Josh, and Dave.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    491
    I'd love to say Hi but we'll be visiting the Frozen girls at HS on 8/17.

  5. #5
    Senior Member TiggerGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    NE Seacoast
    Posts
    3,523
    aw man! Sorry I'll miss it but I'm glad you're doing it
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

  6. #6
    Senior Member BeckyW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Philly suburbs
    Posts
    4,683
    Oh man, wish we were there in Aug! Hope you have a great turn out :)

  7. #7
    Senior Member DixieMitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    163
    Aww....we'll actually be there on those days, but the 16th is our arrival day and we'll be too late. And, umm, MK is *not* recommended on Sat the 17th by the crowd calender that I use. :/ Did you do that intentionally so you can tell everyone what they're doing wrong or just to avoid the throngs of groupies that would show up if you were at the most recommended park that day? :)
    Last edited by DixieMitch; 08-01-2014 at 05:25 PM.

  8. #8
    Netflix queue currently at 3,912 - all Disney related LizD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Posts
    1,704
    Sending good vibes for a great event!

  9. #9
    Senior Member beachta1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    5,421
    I hope someone will post pictures from this!!!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/dreambuildertricia


  10. #10
    Senior Member Snaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieMitch View Post
    Aww....we'll actually be there on those days, but the 16th is our arrival day and we'll be too late. And, umm, MK is *not* recommended on Sat the 17th by the crowd calender that I use. :/ Did you do that intentionally so you can tell everyone what they're doing wrong or just to avoid the throngs of groupies that would show up if you were at the most recommended park that day?
    Actually....I think it is brilliant to be in MK when it isn't "most" recommended. Everyone here is already is exposed to Josh and his book. I'm sure the M&G is intended to help boost sales....why not cater to "them" and have the largest target audience?

  11. #11
    Senior Member sheilashoelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    While I am normally reclusive, Dave and I will be meeting and greeting the weekend of August 16th and 17th.

    Current plans are:

    August 16th at 2pm at Epcot outside Liberty Inn in the United States Pavilion.

    August 17th at 5pm at Magic Kingdom at Tomorrowland Terrace.

    Please come say hi!
    We will in the Epcot on the 16th.. woohoo! How long do you guys plan to hang around?

  12. #12
    who gon stop me? HUH? josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,390
    Probably an hour or so. I don't think we have anything else to do.

  13. #13
    Senior Member DixieMitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Annandale, VA
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaz View Post
    Actually....I think it is brilliant to be in MK when it isn't "most" recommended. Everyone here is already is exposed to Josh and his book. I'm sure the M&G is intended to help boost sales....why not cater to "them" and have the largest target audience?
    That's what I meant! :) I just wondered if it was intentional or not.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Snickers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    505
    Will there be FP+ or even better SB+ for this event? I can see lines rivaling the current PotC and HM rides. :)

  15. #15
    who gon stop me? HUH? josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    23,390
    I sincerely doubt anyone is going to come.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,223
    :) You're making me think of the record signing scene in This is Spinal Tap.

    I think you'll be surprised at how many fans will stop by. Being August, (too hot) and the fact that my pass is in blockout, I'll have to wait for another time to say hey. :(

  17. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    While I am normally reclusive, Dave and I will be meeting and greeting the weekend of August 16th and 17th.
    August 17th at 5pm at Magic Kingdom at Tomorrowland Terrace.
    Ah, this is great, it actually matches up with our trip. I wasn't going to bring my paper copy of the book on my trip, since I also have the 'free' kindle version, but now I'll have to bring it along. I should have a little time to kill at at 5pm on the 17th, before our Anna and Elsa Fastpass at 5:20.

  18. #18
    Struggling author of yourfirstvisit.net and co-author of The easy Guide.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    We just happen to be hopping to MK for the evening after a day at the most recommended Studios. So I think you will get at least one visitor Josh. Will there be someone with you I can trust with my iPad to take a picture of us?

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjc15 View Post
    We just happen to be hopping to MK for the evening after a day at the most recommended Studios. So I think you will get at least one visitor Josh. Will there be someone with you I can trust with my iPad to take a picture of us?
    I'll be there. You can TOTALLY trust me with your iPad. Don't worry about a thing.

  21. #21
    Member sorahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Second Star to the right and straight on til morning
    Posts
    38
    Josh & Dave,
    I just might actually meet up with you!.. no book tho :( perhaps a picture??

    john
    Last edited by sorahl; 08-07-2014 at 01:17 PM.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    12
    Book ordered, striped polo packed! This is totally going to make up for missing out on A&E fast passes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •