Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: What are you reading?

between the nation's capital and Charm City
    Vicki - we're not going to let you live in MD anymore if you don't get through Chesapeake. Every time I think to look at the library the only Micheners they have are ones I've already read. I can't believe he wrote so much.

I'm excited to hear Diana Gabaldon's next Outlander book is due in the spring. I've been saying it's time to reread the series so I must commence before the next book comes out. There's also the potential for a cable series based on her books.

DH just finished rereading 15 or something huge books in some Sci Fi series that has the final book coming out next year. The book was supposed to be out about now but got pushed back so now he's killing time reading the Steve Jobs biography.
    Becca

Mastering the art of creative avoidance

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Just finished "In the Garden of Beasts," about Hitler's rise to power through the eyes of the American Ambassdor at the time. Then started "The World of Karl Pilkington" just to keep the Patriot Act Spooks off base.

Started reading the fifth Kingdom Keepers to DD last night too.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I'm on The Name of this Book is Secret and am having a hard time. It might be because I'm starting the book before bed, but i'm a chapter and a half into it and I'm not sure how much farther I can get...
    There is a great and lasting truth about the family of man. A truth which separates us from all the other creatures of the Earth. We can dream.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

I'm reading Darkness Take My Hand by Dennis Lehane, just finished his first book, A Drink Before the War. A Drink Before the War was excellent and Darkness take my hand is awesome so far. I've actually just gotten back into reading, I go through spurts.
    Josh (No, not that one)

What age group is the Kingdom Keepers geared towards?
    Look for the Bear Necessities.....

BCV - Mar '13, Dec '13
    BWV - Feb '04
    CBR - May '07
    CSR - Apr '12
    DOL - Nov '09, Apr '11
    POFQ - Feb '05
    POLY - Aug '10
    POP - Feb '08
    OKW - Aug '10
    SoG - Nov '00
    SSR - Dec ' 12
    WL - May '02, Feb '09,
    offsite - Nov '92

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Baloo View Post
    What age group is the Kingdom Keepers geared towards?
    Pre-teen and teens.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Finished the last Sookie Stackhouse book, "Deadlocked", and now reading "Divergent".
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    Finished the last Sookie Stackhouse book, "Deadlocked", and now reading "Divergent".
    I'm on the waiting list for the digital version of Divergent...I think I'm about 140 out of 187. Let us know how you like it!
    There is a great and lasting truth about the family of man. A truth which separates us from all the other creatures of the Earth. We can dream.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

I'm re-reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. Some friends and I write a blog for a local bookstore and my articles are "literary deathmatches" between two fictional characters. My upcoming article is a discussion of who is a bigger tyrant: Nurse Ratched or Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

My other two articles (in case you're bored)

http://churchstreetshop.com/frontpag...-epic-matchups

http://churchstreetshop.com/frontpag...sus-lord-flies

Quote Originally Posted by ceb104 View Post
    I'm on the waiting list for the digital version of Divergent...I think I'm about 140 out of 187. Let us know how you like it!
    So far so good!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Finished the Secret book. I had to fight to finish it. I'd like to read the next two to (maybe?) find out what the secret really is, but I don't think I could push my way through another two. Onto The Forest of Hands and Teeth.
    ~Tapestry of Nations~

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Brandon View Post
    I'm re-reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey. Some friends and I write a blog for a local bookstore and my articles are "literary deathmatches" between two fictional characters. My upcoming article is a discussion of who is a bigger tyrant: Nurse Ratched or Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

My other two articles (in case you're bored)

http://churchstreetshop.com/frontpag...-epic-matchups

http://churchstreetshop.com/frontpag...sus-lord-flies
    I love that book! My DS has to read a book from a list of "classics" before school starts (he's in Honors English and they want to hit the road running). He picked "Great Expectations", so I'm reading that, as well. I'm excited to read the books he has to read so we can talk about them. Plus I need to read something to bide my time until the new Vince Flynn and Nelson DeMille books come out this fall!
    Me (Heather) DH (Patrick)
    DS16 (Alex) DD5 (Savannah)

Finished "Divergent" last night and have now started the 2nd book..."Insurgent". I highly recommend "Divergent"!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonwedgie View Post
    The Lady in the Tower: The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir, who I love but she sometimes comes across as bossy lol
    That might be an excellent companion read to my current book "Bring up the Bodies," the follow-up to "Wolf Hall." Poor Anne is quickly falling out of favor and soon will have her turn at being the 'former queen who was never really the queen.'