Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football!

Go South Florida? I guess?

So I really don't get the college football thing. I love pro-football, and I've tried to get into college - but I honestly just don't care and they don't hit hard enough.
    Lisa

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    Did you see the new College Game Day, Big and Rich intro? They've changed the words, and video etc. Of course it heavily favors Auburn, TCU, Oregon, and Boise. We'll see what the season holds.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

no longer forgets her undies MaddiesMom's Avatar
    Confession: I'm not morally opposed to LSU, I just never really paid them much mind. However ... I'm enjoying their current smackdown of Nike - errr, Oregon - University.
    Hilary
    NDM #305, Wife to Brad, Mom to Maddie and Jasmine, Servant To Nine Dogs, Two Cats, and a Rabbit.
    Cake Diva. Financial Warrior. Travel Junkie.
    Travel is my drug of choice.

My Sooners looked good!
    Lori

WDW: 72, May 93, June 98, June 01, Aug 01, July 02, Oct 02, June 03, July 04, June 05, July 06, Sept 06, Dec 06, July 07, July 09, July 10. Coming soon: Dec 11, May 12

DL: 97, 00

My guess is Miami will march down field and kick a 44 yard winner.

Or not. Idiot should have just gone down.

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    I was loving the Maryland uniforms. Someone from Under Armor surely designed them.

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    Those Maryland uniforms were horrible. Just because its on a flag, doesnt mean it belongs on your uniform.

As a Baylor Grad, I was quite pleased with the weekend. Although, I did have to go the the ER for heart palpitations :) My wife was so disgusted she went to bed before the end. "I cant watch this." Imagine her surprise when I woke her up (yes I woke her up) with "Baylor won!".
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

Is it wrong that I'm giddy for Maryland? Fugly uniforms aside, I like Randy Edsall. And The U losing to Maryland will be awesome poll fodder for when The U beats tOSU in a few weeks.

Excellent.

(then again, I'm not quite sure where this Irish fan gets off gloating at ANYONE'S misfortune this weekend ...)
    Hilary
    NDM #305, Wife to Brad, Mom to Maddie and Jasmine, Servant To Nine Dogs, Two Cats, and a Rabbit.

he's right
    Hopefully, Michigan can extend that week of malaise for the Domers. I don't think they will---Michigan's just still not very good---but you never know.

On that note: I was surprised at both Brian Kelly's absolute head-exploding tirades, and that the N(D)BC broadcasters cut him so much slack. I was watching a replay of the ND game in the background, and while he was actively chewing someone's head off, heard the broadcasters say something to the effect of: "He's a hard coach on his quarterbacks, but they just have to know that going in and be thick-skinned."

I'm not a lip-reader, but even I could tell that this wasn't just coaching points. Maureen's reaction: "I'd never let my son play for him."

he's right
    As for Maryland's uniforms: I couldn't tell if they were just plain awful, or so bad that they were good. One of the inbound tweets to Mike & Mike this morning---"Did any of the Maryland players have 'He Hate Me' on the back of their jerseys?"---had me literally rolling, because they were very XFL.

Edited to add: Georgia was awfully XFL this past weekend too. God help us when ND and Michigan wear "throwback" uniforms that aren't this weekend. I'm hoping that under the lights they won't look so horrible.

The only weekend I'll be in Michigan's corner

I'm sure the university is excited.

Quote Originally Posted by lisapennie View Post
    So I really don't get the college football thing. I love pro-football, and I've tried to get into college - but I honestly just don't care and they don't hit hard enough.
    I'm the exact opposite. I prefer college football. Not a big football fan in general, not a big sports fan to be truthful, but college football, soccer, hockey and the Steelers playing in Cowboys Stadium and not the Cowboys will get me watching.

Unfortunately, my game wasn't televised this week unless I had I package I don't have. Might have to splurge and get it. Along with some maroon and white to decorate the house. My daughter goes off to college next year. Both Texas A&M and that college in Austin are being considered. Need to steer her in the proper direction ;) The wrong choice could lead to a very interesting Thanksgiving - presuming that tradition stays with A&M changing conferences.
    Tracy
    Dorks Doin' Disney since 2005

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The only weekend I'll be in Michigan's corner
    Sigh.

And here I was gonna start up J23 ... the exclusive club for Josh fans everywhere. I just can't, now. I excuse bnoble's poor taste in football because he lives there ... but really Josh? Michigan? MICHIGAN?!?

Sigh.

The only possibility worse than that would be if you said you liked Boston College. I'm still not over THAT game. I know. I gotta let it go. LOL
    Hilary

You'll take Notre Dame over Michigan?

If I were a betting woman this year, I'd take Michigan over ND. ND is el stinko this year as long as they keep putting Dayne Crist out there, even though I love them so.

What's the spread? And what's the spread on whether Brian Kelly actually explodes on the sideline?
    Hilary

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd guff's Avatar
    I guess I'm the lone Notre Dame fan. And I'm not at all surprised by Saturday's game. The only surprising thing is that they made every football mistake that a team can make and still had a chance to win the game.

I don't know what to expect against Michigan.

Always want to see Michigan lose at home though.

Tough choice.

WOOT! So glad to hear that Rees is starting. GO IRISH!

Guff - I love the Irish. Always have. But I'm not a Brian Kelly fan. For reasons that would totally derail the jovial nature of this thread, I just don't care much for him. I don't know who would be the right coach though (and Urban Meyer is a pipe dream).
    Hilary

I wish that in limited circumstances both teams could lose. Normally I hate "ties" but two losses would be fine.

Sigh.

So then - do you have a favorite team? If you say USC, I'll poke you in the eye. And I can do that ... I'll be in your 'hood in 22 days. LMAO
    Hilary

Washington

Anyone that brings up the 0-12 season will be banned faster than anyone who has an IP that resolves to Oklahoma.

he's right
    Josh: I call those "meteor games." As in: I hope a meteor hits the stadium while the teams are playing. For me, USC-ND is a meteor game. If I have to keep hearing about Andrew Luck, Stanford against both USC and ND will be meteor games too.