Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football!

The only top 25 poll Michigan will see this year?

Too easy, sorry.

he's right
    No, we're in this one too:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsa...ience-rankings

/academic-snob-tag

I stand corrected. Congrats on that.

he's right
    This one too.

http://www.usnews.com/education/worl...s-in-the-world

/insufferable-snob

PS:

Q: How many Michigan students does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: Two. One to change the bulb, and another to explain that, at Michigan, we change bulbs every bit as well as they do in the Ivy League.

he's right
    The full list of Big Ten Lightbulb jokes:

http://www.rickroot.com/humor.cfm?Ge...e_Big_Ten.html

(However, I think Michigan State's has changed: "None. If they need more light, they just throw another couch on the fire." Plus, we need one for Nebraska. Anyone got one?

no longer forgets her undies MaddiesMom's Avatar
    Hey man, I have gotten soundly hazed at work today. My first degree came from University of Akron (GO ZIPS), and they're here in town playing tOSU this weekend. I have my FEAR THE ROO shirt on today.

I rock.
    Hilary
    NDM #305, Wife to Brad, Mom to Maddie and Jasmine, Servant To Nine Dogs, Two Cats, and a Rabbit.
    Cake Diva. Financial Warrior. Travel Junkie.
    Travel is my drug of choice.

Poor Ohio State. The best thing that's ever happened to them is the Miami Hurricanes

no longer forgets her undies MaddiesMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Poor Ohio State. The best thing that's ever happened to them is the Miami Hurricanes
    I know, right?

I'm sure that Fickell has sent Nevin Shapiro a cake with a file in it for getting The Worldwide Leader off of his program and onto The U.
    Hilary
    NDM #305, Wife to Brad, Mom to Maddie and Jasmine, Servant To Nine Dogs, Two Cats, and a Rabbit.
    Cake Diva. Financial Warrior. Travel Junkie.
    Travel is my drug of choice.

staying at best friends pet care while her dogs enjoy the grand floridian Husker Mouse's Avatar
    Hey Brian, no Nebraska jokes this year....Just let us get through the killer Big Ten schedule.

Maddies Mom my DS 25 just graduated with his masters at tOSU. He is a diehard Nebraska fan....let's just say he can't believe how cocky they are about their sports program. Many of his grad school friends will be in Lincoln for the NE-OSU game. He can't wait to show them around.....

Bernie, I am glad that you allow the Big Red into your Mizzou home. My brothers live in Colorado and their basements look like a Husker sports shop. They both have flags in their front yards on game day. On a side note......Our basement also looks like a Husker sports shop!!!! Our neighbors are Penn State alums.....I use to like them.....

My sister used to like to buy Mizzou onesies for the kids when they were little...until she realized they went straight in the trash. At first she thought we were joking when I told her that's where they would end up.

Before our daughter was born, she had a Husker cheerleading outfit ready to go, complete with matching hairbow. She's gotta fit in!

Yes Josh we play Tulsa tomorrow. No game is an easy game! If you don't go in prepared you will not win no matter how much better your team is.

Really going to miss Nebraska in the Big 12. Can't believe they baled on us! Those games back in the day were some of the best football games ever played! I hated it when we changed to the Big 12 and didn't get to play them every year. Now we won't be playing at all.
    Lori

WDW: 72, May 93, June 98, June 01, Aug 01, July 02, Oct 02, June 03, July 04, June 05, July 06, Sept 06, Dec 06, July 07, July 09, July 10. Coming soon: Dec 11, May 12

DL: 97, 00

Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mouse View Post
    Hey Brian, no Nebraska jokes this year....Just let us get through the killer Big Ten schedule.

Our neighbors are Penn State alums.....I use to like them.....

HEY!!!!!

WE ARE...PENN STATE!!!

I had to stop lurking and make my 1st post to defend our Nittany Lions!

staying at best friends pet care while her dogs enjoy the grand floridian Husker Mouse's Avatar
    Loribell,

I grew up watching all of the Nu-OU games! We had such great respect for each other's programs! I miss the rivalry,too! We love you Okies! I was shocked when we left the Big 12. My son had been saying it was coming. I think it came down to money and TV rights. We get to watch EVERY Big 10 game this year. Last year the Big 12 was charging us $40.00 to $50.00 a pop to watch games. This year they are free!!!! My family was broke during FB season trying to watch the games. I think my Dad, brother, and Bob Devaney are in heaven saying WTH!!!!! I will always have a warm spot in my heart for Oklahoma and all of the tradition we had together. Thanksgiving Friday and CU never felt the same!!!

xbatman, I have to say we love people from Penn even though they are Penn State fans. We have two neighbors inour neighborhood who are from Penn. My son who went to tOSU for grad school met up with two Penn state alums and they became fast friends. He said they are the nicest guys. Yes, we love JoePa (sp) he is such a great figurehead. I use to cheer for you until we entered the Big Ten Zone........

Yeah, try Thanksgiving day playing Oklahoma State instead of Nebraska! Just doesn't have the same meaning. Of course bedlam is great but when you deal with a team that you rarely loose to the rivalry just isn't the same. Loosing to OK State is really just an embarrassment. Sorry, I cheer for OK State as well but the programs just aren't the same.

We have for years had almost all our games televised through one channel or another. I have never paid to watch a game on television. There was a point in our down years that they weren't televised but those days are over permanently I hope! So glad that Nebraska is back as well! It is just a shame that they ruined our conference! Will always treasure the memories I have of OU-NU games!!
    Lori

WDW: 72, May 93, June 98, June 01, Aug 01, July 02, Oct 02, June 03, July 04, June 05, July 06, Sept 06, Dec 06, July 07, July 09, July 10. Coming soon: Dec 11, May 12

DL: 97, 00

he's right
    Maddies Mom my DS 25 just graduated with his masters at tOSU. He is a diehard Nebraska fan....let's just say he can't believe how cocky they are about their sports program. Many of his grad school friends will be in Lincoln for the NE-OSU game. He can't wait to show them around.....
    I'm really looking forward to having Nebraska in the league. Some years ago, my Michigan tickets were right on the border of one of the sections sold to the visiting team. I always like to strike up a conversation with the folks there. Against Washington, we sat next to a couple really nice guys from Seattle. They commented on how friendly folks from Ann Arbor were to visiting fans. Good natured ribbing of course, but welcoming all the same. We talked about some of the other places we'd been where we really had good times---for example, I had an *awesome* time at Purdue when I was there for a Cal game. But, the one place they said you *had* to go was...Lincoln. Why? They told a story of Washington at Nebraska when the Huskers just beat the living tar out of UW. They left the game about midway through the third quarter for greener pastures. On their way through the parking lot, a Nebraska fan with an RV saw them in their UW gear, said something to the effect of "You boys look like you need a pick me up. Come on over." The RV owner proceeded to feed them insane amounts of really good food and booze, with the game on TV, just to be hospitable.

Let me tell you...that is NOT the sort of reception that a Michigan fan would get at tOSU. Or, most anywhere else for that matter. So, welcome! It's going to be fun. Plus, it's great to have another good team in the B1G. It's a bummer that we won't see Wisconsin and/or Penn State as often, but having Nebraska come to Ann Arbor every other year will help soothe that wound.

Baylor looks crazy good.

he's right
    ...or TCU isn't very.

known as jane elsewhere, but her friends call her meannatasha
    Quote Originally Posted by Husker Mouse View Post
    Well, actually we will be going to New Orleans this coming January.
    My greatest fear is that BAMA will make the BCS championship this year. I am known as "the finance minister" in my house. For the most part I'm in charge of approving/disproving discretionary spending (lucky me). My husband and daughter desperately wanted to go to Pasadena for the 2009 game, and I nixed that. Now that she actually attends the school, this year ( or any other) would be almost impossible for me to override. It's just a fiduciary nightmare, though. We are a family of 4. It really only makes dollars and cents for 2 of us to go to something like that, but I would really want my other daughter and I to go also.. So for all the other college football lovers out there. Given the opportunity to attend the college championship to see your team; What would you do?

SOG Nov 2004, March 2006, March 2009, April 2010, Oct 2011, Jan 2013, May 2013, Dec 2013, Oct 2014, Jan 2015, Oct 2015, Dec 2015 (I've lost track; many more).
    DLR March 2011
    Offsite Oct 2012, Jan 2013, April 2013, May 2015, Aug 2015, December 2017

I'm on the couch with a case of beer

he's right
    ...or TCU isn't very.
    I take it back. This game has gotten *very* good.

Yeah, this is one of the most entertaining games I've ever seen.

he's right
    I could have sworn the Baylor kicker would throw up on his own shoes...right up until he hit it.

It didn't look "good."

GAMEDAY!!!!

wings sauce made
    guacamole made
    sloppy joes in crockpot
    brownies in oven
    refreshment fridge stocked
    Rolaids in cupboard

GAMEDAY!!!!!!!

Thanks Brian for the welcome to the B1G!!! I am nervous for this season. This is a great conference and I really don't know how good we will be this year. We will find out quickly.

Visiting teams seem to like coming to Our House. We treat fans with respect and love showing visitors that we aren't a bunch of hicks who live in barns! We always stand and clap for the visiting team at the end of each game-even if they just kicked our butts! We appreciate how much work a college program takes and how hard these young men work! We just love our college sports around here. Our women's volleyball games can sellout, too!

Did I mention it is GAMEDAY!!!!!