Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Maleficent Bleach Shirt

What kind of contact paper are you using? I can't get my mickey head to come out. It is all faded, so I guess it is going under the paper before it is dry. Are you setting it upright when you spray it or laying it down? Thanks

I just pinned this thread. I can't wait to make a bleach shirt!!! Now to decide on a character... Or characterS... :)

I just had a fantastic vision of one with Peter Pan's silhouette flying over the nighttime skyline of London.
    Mom to 24yo, 22yo, 20yo, 18yo, 17yo, and 12yo

Trips with friends
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 (3), 2018, 2019
    Family trips
    2001, 2010, 2014
    Planning a family trip for Christmas 2019

@TiggerGirl so, I was thinking of a cool shirt for you. Take a Tigger orange shirt, and do the bleach tigger in the middle and then add some black stripes across the back and around the sides just a little so you look kind of like tigger. that could be really cute!
    Last edited by Meeko; 07-29-2014 at 11:11 PM. Reason: adding TiggerGirl

Poly - April 6 thru 12, 2014

If only there was a josh silhouette...

In all seriousness, awesome shirts and thank you for sharing the directions. We are going to try wizard hats for HP themed shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    @TiggerGirl so, I was thinking of a cool shirt for you. Take a Tigger orange shirt, and do the bleach tigger in the middle and then add some black stripes across the back and around the sides just a little so you look kind of like tigger. that could be really cute!
    my new friend Jenn made me a Tigger shirt in this style! It came out amazing and I can't wait to get it :) :) :)

Hopefully she'll be in soon to address the contact paper question above - I haven't tried it yet but planned to this weekend and buying my needed supplies :)
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

I'm back, I'm back! (Sorry....) TiggerGirl - I am going to the Post Office in 10 minutes to put your shirt in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by TINKERBALL View Post
    What kind of contact paper are you using? I can't get my mickey head to come out. It is all faded, so I guess it is going under the paper before it is dry. Are you setting it upright when you spray it or laying it down? Thanks
    Hmmm. Well - my son sort of went crazy with his bleach water so it seeped under his Mickey Head and that created an "interesting" shaped Mickey. Pretty funny - my husband (a computer programmer who does everything PERFECTLY) had a perfect Mickey head! To answer your questions:
    - it could very well be that you just need to have a finer mist go down onto your shirt or maybe even let the mist fly down from a little higher up (if that makes sense)
    - I kept mine flat on a cookie tray outside (I put the cookie tray between the front and back of the shirt). I think if you set it up it might cause the problem of having drips come off the contact paper and doing extra bleach-y stripes down the bottom of the shirt. Maybe. But if the mist was fine enough maybe that could be avoided.
    - I used the official Con-Tact brand of sticky paper that I found at Target. Here's the link to it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Con-Tact-Brand.../dp/B00D8GBO2G

Quote Originally Posted by cdmurphy727 View Post
    I just pinned this thread. I can't wait to make a bleach shirt!!! Now to decide on a character... Or characterS... :)
    Yea! So glad you want to do some too - can't wait to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by Momof6 View Post
    I just had a fantastic vision of one with Peter Pan's silhouette flying over the nighttime skyline of London.
    Um. GOOSEBUMPS. Seriously. I just bought a navy shirt and I'm planning to do Mary Poppins on it but the idea of an intricate Peter Pan is now on my artistic goals list!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Here's the shirt I did for TiggerGirl! The problem is that the bleach square is just a little bit crooked but I think it's still cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Goofballs View Post
    If only there was a josh silhouette...

In all seriousness, awesome shirts and thank you for sharing the directions. We are going to try wizard hats for HP themed shirts.
    I hadn't even THOUGHT of that and I'm desperately trying to figure out how we can all get to Universal in the next few years (we've never been) - HP bleach shirts are brilliant! Ooooooo...we could even do them in the appropriate house colors for each person! I am ALL OVER THIS....

The last trip we took....
    June 2014 Trip Report - The One Where Mom Wanted to Meet the Princesses

www.jennspirationts.com
    Jennspiration Ts - custom bleach-art tees
    Etsy and Facebook

For Doctor Who fans, I saw some awesome bleach shirts with the Tardis on them on Pinterest.

Here is a link to my favorite: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/35747390765084607/

Trips with friends
    Family trips
    2001, 2010, 2014

For Doctor Who fans, I saw some awesome bleach shirts with the Tardis on them on Pinterest.

Here is a link to my favorite: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/35747390765084607/
    ooooo....I really like how it's off center. Hey, TiggerGirl, let's pretend like I made yours off center on purpose - ok?

Seriously - I can imagine some really fun ways to do WDW and HP stuff on a smaller scale off center...maybe even one thing on front and another on the back....

Why do I have to go to work and make REAL money??? I'd much rather make bleach shirts all day!!!!

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

That tigger is beyond awesome!!!!!! I LOVE IT! Hmmmmmmm. May have to make a last minute trip to buy shirts to try this out!!

Collects September trip reports
    Quote Originally Posted by jenninaustin View Post
    Why do I have to go to work and make REAL money??? I'd much rather make bleach shirts all day!!!!
    Etsy Shop!!!! I'd totally buy one or five! I bought shirts, now I just need to go pick up some contact paper...
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kelly720 View Post
    Etsy Shop!!!! I'd totally buy one or five! I bought shirts, now I just need to go pick up some contact paper...
    I honestly am tempted to give it a go. I feel like I'd need to charge at least $12 - $15 to cover shipping. Does that seem fair?

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

Jenn - I LOVE it and crooked just means Tigger's bouncing :)

CONFESSION: I went to Etsy pretty much immediately last time this topic came up and I only found ONE store that did anything like this and I wasn't all that impressed to be honest and she had a TON of reviews/sales!

I would consider opening a shop (that's the confession part of my last statement - lol that's why I went to Etsy) but I haven't even tried this yet AND out of complete respect for Jenn I would NEVER open a shop in competition if she was going to do that - this was all introduced to us by her! But if you need a buddy or a reference you know where to come :)

We are going to do this for our upcoming surprise trip...wait, did I already tell you all that? We went to Wal-Mart and bought $3 shirts. It'll make packing this much easier.

Edited to add that I already said I was going to do this. Maybe I'm just THAT excited to be able to do something.
    Last edited by goofyfan6698; 07-30-2014 at 04:02 PM. Reason: I'm a ding bat!

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGirl View Post
    Jenn - I LOVE it and crooked just means Tigger's bouncing :)

CONFESSION: I went to Etsy pretty much immediately last time this topic came up and I only found ONE store that did anything like this and I wasn't all that impressed to be honest and she had a TON of reviews/sales!

I would consider opening a shop (that's the confession part of my last statement - lol that's why I went to Etsy) but I haven't even tried this yet AND out of complete respect for Jenn I would NEVER open a shop in competition if she was going to do that - this was all introduced to us by her! But if you need a buddy or a reference you know where to come :)
    Quote Originally Posted by goofyfan6698 View Post
    We are going to do this for our upcoming surprise trip...wait, did I already tell you all that? We went to Wal-Mart and bought $3 shirts. It'll make packing this much easier.

Edited to add that I already said I was going to do this. Maybe I'm just THAT excited to be able to do something.
    Yea!!! Did you know that you guys are quickly becoming the most supportive people in my LIFE?? (And I actually have a very supportive immediate and extended family. So that's saying something!) Ok...off to Etsy....time to learn!

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

Thanks for the reply. I probably sprayed it on too thick. I'll try again.

I mentioned to my 19yod that I wanted us all to have bleach tees for one day for our upcoming trip and she started to panic. She apparently has all her Disneybound outfits for park days already worked out in her head. I asked her if we could wear them on our DTD day and she said okay. LOL

Trips with friends
    Family trips
    2001, 2010, 2014

Collects September trip reports
    Definitely open a shop Jenn!

image.jpg
    This would be cute!
    Kelly

I mentioned to my 19yod that I wanted us all to have bleach tees for one day for our upcoming trip and she started to panic. She apparently has all her Disneybound outfits for park days already worked out in her head. I asked her if we could wear them on our DTD day and she said okay. LOL
    ah - a girl after my own heart! We wore the mickey ear bleach shirts on the one day I didn't Bound. And the only reason I didn't is b/c my daughter agreed to ONE DAY with matching shirts. :)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly720 View Post
    Definitely open a shop Jenn!

image.jpg
    This would be cute!
    Ah! I love it! Thanks for posting. Ok. I have big plans folks.......new weekend project! (Forget about folding laundry....not that I really do that anyway...)

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook

go get 'em Jenn!

I would buy shirts from you Jenn.

I am LOVING the shirts and am now looking for ideas for our trip to Universal (non HP themes, though). My kids already have Minion shirts; SpongeBob/Patrick shirts; and Bart Simpson/Krusty the Clown shirts for our trip. I need 1 more coordinating shirt set and am looking for ideas. Any suggestions for "themes" for brother/sister coordinating bleach shirts??

Jenn -- I just saw your earlier post where you said you had some ideas for smaller, off-center HP stuff. Any ideas you can share? I am definitely NOT creative, but I do love the look of the Dr. Who Tardis shirt and am thinking of that style for my kids' last coordinating shirt.

Ok -- my computer has gone wonky. I was trying to quote Jenn from earlier about the price of the t-shirts and it didn't work for some reason. Anyway, Jenn -- the prices you listed are totally fair and I would love to be your first customer!! If you build it . . . we will come!

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Awesome shirts!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGirl View Post
    go get 'em Jenn!
    I've even started a business plan!

Quote Originally Posted by moscow View Post
    I would buy shirts from you Jenn.

I am LOVING the shirts and am now looking for ideas for our trip to Universal (non HP themes, though). My kids already have Minion shirts; SpongeBob/Patrick shirts; and Bart Simpson/Krusty the Clown shirts for our trip. I need 1 more coordinating shirt set and am looking for ideas. Any suggestions for "themes" for brother/sister coordinating bleach shirts??
    I was imagining how to do minion shirts but it sounds like you have that covered. If you want a totally new theme that you don't already have (b/c Bart/Lisa bleach shirts would be awesome and easy) then maybe their two favorite super heroes?

Jenn -- I just saw your earlier post where you said you had some ideas for smaller, off-center HP stuff. Any ideas you can share? I am definitely NOT creative, but I do love the look of the Dr. Who Tardis shirt and am thinking of that style for my kids' last coordinating shirt.
    Can you stay tuned? I plan to be working on my first off center HP shirts in the next few days. If you want to tell me what "houses" your kids are in and what sizes they are I could even do shirts to their size in case you like them. No obligation to buy of course!

Ok -- my computer has gone wonky. I was trying to quote Jenn from earlier about the price of the t-shirts and it didn't work for some reason. Anyway, Jenn -- the prices you listed are totally fair and I would love to be your first customer!! If you build it . . . we will come!
    Yea! I'm building it. I was thinking it could be cheaper the more you go. Like $18 for 1, $30 for 2, etc... (I'll figure it out all the way up to 4) and they don't have to be the same pattern. And IF it's legitimate to coordinate sales via private messaging here (I don't want to break Josh's rules) or by sending private emails so we could coordinate that way, I'd be happy to sell to you guys. Like with a "trial" discount too. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    Awesome shirts!
    Gracias!

www.jennspirationts.com
    Etsy and Facebook