Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September 2010 Trip Report

proud to keep the transportation forum the most civilized jilly7896's Avatar

September 2010 Trip Report

September 25, 2010- October 2, 2010
    Caribbean Beach Resort

Cast:

Jill (Me)
    Kevin (DH)
    Connor (DS11)
    Kieran (DS8)
    Ryan (DS8)
    Shaun (DS2)
    Tracy- my sister (Maddysmommy)
    Tom- Future BIL
    Madison- 1 year old niece
    Angela- Tracy’s BFF

The Drive and Day 1 – Friday, September 24th-Saturday, September 25th

On Friday, the 24th, Kevin and I took off from work. He slept, while I ran around doing some last minute preperations. We packed up and were on the road by 8:35pm. My car had myself, Kevin, Connor, Kieran and Shaun. Tracy’s car had her, Tom, Angela, Madison and Ryan. They actually followed us the entire time. We stopped for gas in VA and South of the Border. We stopped again in GA to go to McDonalds and to fill up.

During the ride, Tracy’s car was making noises. She had borrowed my moms mini-van and there was a plastic piece that was flapping against the windshield. We got off the exit so that my husband could check it out. This is the picture I sent to my mom of my DH on top of her car. Lol

We got to Disney World around 12:30. We made awesome time! We checked in to CBR and my room was ready. My sister’s room was not. They told her that the room was next door to us, but would not give her the room number. We requested connecting rooms in either building 45 or 51. We ended up with adjoining rooms in building 21 in Martinique. It was a pretty good location. We were upgraded to preferred rooms which was pretty cool. We unpacked quickly, explored the grounds and hung out in my room while they waited for her room to be finished. We were on the corner, so we knew which room was hers. By 4pm, they still hadn’t texted her but we saw that the cleaning cart was no longer outside. So she tried her room key and sure enough it worked. She never did get the text that the room was ready…

Also, I had ordered ahead of time a double stroller from Magic Strollers. I received a text message earlier in the morning that it was delivered to CBR. Sure enough, it was there upon check in. My sister and I both have Baby Jogger City Mini’s that we were bringing, but we rented the double incase we chose to use that. The stroller we rented was all black and just seemed to be really hot for the kids, so we never even ended up using them. But I would rent from them again if I needed to, they delivered as promised and the price was great!

We got it at the Custom House when we checked in and neither of us had room in our vans to bring it back to the room. Tracy decided to throw the little ones in and she would walk it back to our rooms. Bad idea! There are no sidewalks on the way! So she had to walk it on grass and it took forever!

So, anyway, once Tracy got into her room, we all started to get ready for dinner. We had reservations at the Whispering Canyon at 7:40pm. This was one of the reservations that I was not able to change from 9 to 10. (Tom decided to go at the last minute). When I got there, there was no problem at all adding another person to the reservation. This was our third time dining here and probably our last. Its just not as entertaining as it used to be. The kids yelled with the waitress for ketchup and most of the restaurant ignored us. Most of the adults got the skillet, it was ok.

Shaun, Kieran and Ryan and dinner…

We headed back to the hotel afterwards and all went right to bed. We had an early day at Magic Kingdom!

Travel Consultant with Mayfair Travel
    Email: jill@mayfairtravel.com
    Like me on Facebook!

Sept 2010- CBR - Trip Report
    Sept 2011- POP - Trip Report

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

Hoy Crap! The pictures are huge! Sorry! I'll try to fix that...

Like me on Facebook!

1991-offsite * 2003-GKTW * 2007-ASMU * 2009-FW * 2010-CBR * 2011-POP * 2012-OKW, CR & offsite * 2013-Poly, BWI & DCL Fantasy
    2014- WL, DCL Magic, BWI, PBH & CSR * 2015- AKV, DCL Dream, DLH, GCH, RPR & DCL Fantasy * 2016- BWI, GCH, DLH, DCL Magic (Roy Disney Suite!)

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    Great start Jill! The pictures look OK to me.
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century
    November 2010 @ Pop Century
    August 2016 @ Pop Century
    August 2017 @ DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Seaworld
    May 2019 @ All-Stars Movies
    August 2019 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    WCC = just okay? Oh no. I'm trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip. I was hoping to be entertained by antics. Maybe not?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandie View Post
    WCC = just okay? Oh no. I'm trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip. I was hoping to be entertained by antics. Maybe not?
    It was great our first 2 visits. This time, not so much. It probably was just an off night. Plus, our table wasn't in the center, like we were before and we may have just been tired from the trip. Don't let this deter you. I'm sure you will have a awesome time!

Like me on Facebook!

Day 2 – Sunday, September 26th

Our wakeup call was set for 7:15am on Sunday morning. I wanted each kid to get a chance to answer the wake up call. The first morning Ryan answered. It took awhile to wake him, but he was excited to hear Stitch in the morning. My plan was to be at the bus stop by 8, but we were a little late as always and didn’t get there til 8:10 and had to wait a few minutes for it.

We were at the MK in time to watch the opening show for the first time, which was cute. We were way in the back for rope drop, so I wasn’t able to get to Dumbo as quickly as I wanted, but we only waited maybe 5 minutes. Shaun wasn’t thrilled with it, he didn’t want to go high. We then did the rest of Fantasyland, or what is left of it, we did Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh and Philharmagic with minimal waits. Shaun was scared of EVERYTHING! This was not the start of the week I was hoping for! We headed through Adventureland and Frontierland and did tons of rides. My kids were into Pressed Pennies this trip. They spotted one by the bathrooms between Frontierland/Adventureland and who was standing there but our very own Gregg! I didn’t realize it til a few minutes later, but my kids were trying to overtake the machine while Gregg was there! Ugh! I introduced myself and chatted with him and his wife for a minute or two. If was great meeting you guys! I also ran into Gregg’s infamous mother in the ladies room. She was sweet. We had a great morning at MK. We were collecting FP’s at every opening, but never used any because there were little to no waits. We left before lunch with 32 fastpasses to use later that night!

Connor and Ryan on Dumbo.

Me, Shaun and Kieran

Sleeping Shaun…

We grabbed lunch back at CBR. It was so so. I took Shaun back to the room to nap, while Ryan and Connor headed to the pool and Kevin and Kieran went to Blizzard Beach for a few hours. When they got back, we all got dressed for dinner.

We drove over to the Contemporary to eat at The Wave. We all LOVED this dinner! I wasn’t sure how everyone would like it based on the menu, but everyone was pleased with it. I had the best steak ever there! We will definitely be back!

My sister, Tracy and my niece, Madison at dinner

After dinner, we hopped on the monorail and headed over to the MK for EMH. We started over in Tomorrowland. It apparently rained while we did the Monsters Laugh show, but had stopped by the time we got out. We did Buzz a couple and Space a few times before heading over to Frontierland and riding Splash and BTRR. We left around 11pm.

My boys…

My beautiful niece… How cute is she?!?!

Like me on Facebook!

unsure of the release date for the dumbo anniversary dvd but waiting outside best buy just the same jillyb's Avatar
    We left before lunch with 32 fastpasses to use later that night!
    That is some mad skillz!!!!

Sleeping Shaun is such a cutie!! And you niece is adorable!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

August 2016 Trip Report http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...ip-08-10-08-20[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    That is some mad skillz!!!!
    hahaha there were 8 of us with tickets, so it's really not much!

Like me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    hahaha there were 8 of us with tickets, so it's really not much!
    That's still a lot of FPs!!!!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

Quote Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
    That's still a lot of FPs!!!!
    I've got a large family so we end up with a ton of FPs, too. I come home with stacks of them! We do try to give them away when we realize we won't use them, but sometimes we get the funniest looks from people. They laugh while they are walking away "Did you see the expiration time on those! No wonder she's trying to get rid of them!"

I'm enjoying the report!

Day 3- Monday, September 27th

Monday morning there was no wake up call! We slept in! We had breakfast reservations for 10:50 at ‘Ohana. While we were waiting to be seated, we tried on some hats…

Breakfast was great, as always! But Madison and Shaun hated the characters! Poor Shaun cried his eyes out.

Poor kid! Look at his face!

Me and my husband

Ang, Connor, Kevin and Shaun with Lilo

The twins with Stitch

Continued...
    Last edited by jilly7896; 05-16-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Like me on Facebook!

After breakfast the plan was to head over to Epcot to tour the world showcase for a few hours. Once we got to Epcot, we realized how empty it was so we took advantage and rode some rides! We finally headed back to WS and the first thing I did was grabbed a margarita for myself and Kevin. Yummy! The kids did a Kim Possible mission while I walked around and shopped. We headed over to Japan to eat kaki gori, shop in my kids favorite store and for me to pick a pearl. This was my first time and I picked a 7mm (?) Ang got a 7.5 and Tracy picked an 8! They made a big deal about that, apparently its big? We walked around a bit more and stopped to watch The British Invasion. They are great! While over in the UK, we saw Tigger and Pooh with no wait. Shaun actually didn’t cry! He gave Tigger a hi-five! So that made me happy.

Kevin and his margarita

Kevin and the twins… Kevin was drinking around the world, in case you could tell! Hahah

Connor and Kieran working on a mission

Tracy picking her pearl

Ang and I picking ours

Kieran and Ryan with Pooh and Tigger (Connor thought he was too “old” and Shaun was not interested in a picture)

We headed over to France to eat at Les Chefs de France. Our reservations were at 5:40pm. This was our first time and we really enjoyed it! We will definitely go back again! We asked if Remy would be making an appearance, but our waiter informed us that Remy was away for 2 weeks… oh well. We were sad, but maybe we’ll catch him next time!

We headed back to the hotel after dinner and all got dressed into our bathing suits. We went down to the hotel pool. It was so nice and relaxing. We were able to catch the illuminations fireworks while in the pool, which was cool.

Like me on Facebook!

I've got a large family so we end up with a ton of FPs, too. I come home with stacks of them! We do try to give them away when we realize we won't use them, but sometimes we get the funniest looks from people. They laugh while they are walking away "Did you see the expiration time on those! No wonder she's trying to get rid of them!"

I'm enjoying the report!
    Silly, silly people!
    Jill & Hannah

June 2008 @ Pop Century

We gave a lot away this trip too. On our last day we were walking out of MK and I had 3 Space FP's. I saw a family walking in with 3 people and offered them to them and the mom says, but we have 4! What are we going to do with her? (talking about the other child straggling along who I didn't see) Jeez, sorry lady. The husband got so embarrassed for the way the woman acted and thanked me for them. You try to do something nice...

Like me on Facebook!

Hey Jill, what did you do with your giant pearls?

Hey Jill, what did you do with your giant pearls?
    Tracy got hers put in a ring. I'll do something with mine eventually...

Like me on Facebook!

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    Cool... so fun to relive your TR.
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texhanddoc View Post
    Cool... so fun to relive your TR.
    Yes... it was a GREAT week!!!

Like me on Facebook!

Collects September trip reports
    I'm in! I am so excited for this TR! We are going the same week this year staying at CBR!
    Kelly

Day 4- Tuesday, September 28th

On Tuesday morning, we made AK rope drop. We tried the Rainforest Café entrance, but it was closed. We still got close to the front of RD. Kevin headed over to Everest for FP’s while I walked behind with the stroller. By the time I got over there, they had already rode 3 times and were heading back on again. We then went over to Kali river rapids and we all took a turn riding while the others stayed with the babies. There was no one in line, so we were able to ride over and over without getting off. It was pretty cool. Kevin and the boys then went over to Dinoland, while I took Shaun to see the Nemo show. He liked it ok, but got tired of it quickly. After the show, we met up with everyone else and went to eat at Flame Tree BBQ.

We had a really cool character interaction early in the morning while walking to Everest. We ran into King Louie and Baloo. They were just wondering around and we were the only people there! Luckily there was a photopass guy there to take some pics. Shaun cried when they came near him, of course, so King Louie tried peek a boo and offered him a branch… like and olive branch. It was so funny and sweet.

On our way out of the park, we got a family PP picture. The sun was too bright for my boys! lol

continued...

Like me on Facebook!

We left AK by 12:30 or so went back to the hotel. I took the boys to the pool and did some laundry while I waited. It started to drizzle a bit, but nothing too bad. After laundry and a swim, we went back to the room and all took a nap. When I woke up, it was POURING!
    We waited it out a bit and then headed to Downtown Disney to do some shopping around 7. By this time, it had stopped and this is what we saw…

We shopped for a bit before heading over to the Poly for our 8:55pm dinner reservation at ‘Ohana.

We went to Once upon a toy and filled one of those monster potato heads for Shaun. He loved it! Still does. And Connor was able to pick something out at his favorite store, the Lego store! Kieran and Ryan insisted on getting tattoos. 5$ each for tattoos! Are you serious Disney!?!?

Shaun loves Buzz. If I could just get him to stand still…

I ordered my first Lapu Lapu while I waited! Oh my that was GOOOD!

Dinner was awesome! My kids are picky eaters and don’t care for the food at ‘Ohana. The server brought them over cheese burgers… 2 each! The babies each got plate of chicken fingers and fries. When the bill arrived, we were not charged for any of those extras! I was amazed. During the meal, the lights were turned down and I realized that the Hallowishes fireworks were starting! The music was piped in and we were able to see them all! It was really special and one of my favorite memories from the trip. They even sang happy birthday to me there! Not sure who told them in was my birthday… actually my bday was 10/7, but close enough!

After dinner we went back to the room and played Potato Head for a bit, then to bed.

Like me on Facebook!

Nervous about her first trip without the boss maddysmommy's Avatar
    I feel like a big dork reading this! I keep coming back to see if you wrote more, like I don't know what's going to happen next!
    Tracy
    Madison's Mommy :)

Nov 1991 - offsite
    April 2003 - GKTW
    Nov 2007 - ASMU
    Sept 2010 - CBR
    May 2011 - POP
    May 2013 - ASM
    May 2014 - POP
    Oct 2015 - ASSp
    Nov 2015 - DCL Fantasy * Wedding<3
    Nov 2016 - DCL Magic

You can add in pictures or things that you remember! I'm not very good on details.

Like me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by maddysmommy View Post
    I feel like a big dork reading this! I keep coming back to see if you wrote more, like I don't know what's going to happen next!
    By the way... are you mad that I put a picture of Maddy choking herself with a water bottle??? its int he background of the lapu lapu picture!!!

Like me on Facebook!

Nervous about her first trip without the boss maddysmommy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly7896 View Post
    By the way... are you mad that I put a picture of Maddy choking herself with a water bottle??? its int he background of the lapu lapu picture!!!
    hahahaha I just went back up and looked at it! i dont know what to add but maybe i will add some pictures here and there.
    Tracy
    Madison's Mommy :)

Nov 1991 - offsite
    April 2003 - GKTW
    Nov 2007 - ASMU
    Sept 2010 - CBR
    May 2011 - POP
    May 2013 - ASM
    May 2014 - POP
    Oct 2015 - ASSp
    Nov 2015 - DCL Fantasy * Wedding<3
    Nov 2016 - DCL Magic