Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The easy Guide Welcomes You!

The Kindle version also apparently isn't quite ready. Holding off for that also.

The "look inside" feature is on Amazon now!! Love it :)

I just peeked inside it looks great I hope I get it before I leave on Monday morning. I think I am going to order a few and use them as a raffle prize when I do vender booths. I am going to recommend it to all of my clients too.
    Karin
    Visiting off and on since the 70's
    And since finding this site in 2013, never go without my ​Easy Guide

Wow, is the book sold out already? I went on amazon to check my order status and saw that it is currently unavailable. I'm glad I ordered early! I'm looking forward to getting it today. Congratulations, Josh!

me too looks like it is sold out! so glad I got mine
    Karin
    Visiting off and on since the 70's
    And since finding this site in 2013, never go without my ​Easy Guide

Do you have plans to put the book in any bookstores?

Already ran an update on the book to include new tiering at Hollywood Studios/Epcot. Should be available again shortly.

Doubt this edition will show up in any local bookstore as nobody buys books anymore. Maybe a future edition if it sells any copies.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Already ran an update on the book to include new tiering at Hollywood Studios/Epcot. Should be available again shortly.

Doubt this edition will show up in any local bookstore as nobody buys books anymore. Maybe a future edition if it sells any copies.
    Will these updates be (automatically?) available on the electronic editions? I noticed on the Amazon page there's a link to click if you're an author/editor who wants to make the book available on Kindle.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Kindle is delayed a couple days for whatever reason - rearranging/optimizing images I think. It's a little weird with all the various screen sizes. I would update the book daily if I could, but as we're seeing now running an update causes Amazon to de-list the title and then we have to wait ___ hours for it to show back up again. I'm not sure what kind of delay you're looking at for Kindle, but we will keep it as up to date as possible on both fronts and there is a link included that takes you to a page with the ability to print out the newest versions of all the calendars, maps, etc. along with a list of updates.

I will wait for kindle version then, it will "arrive" in Dublin quicker.

Posting here also...
    It's back in stock!! :D

Just ordered my copy! Congratulations Josh and thanks for all you do!!!

Ordered my copy yesterday. So excited can't wait to read it.

Just ordered, and hopeful about the book. I like the approach both you and Dave take in planning and have recommended websites to friends traveling. But, none of them ever get through the websites. Most of my friends look at going to Disney once or twice as something to knock out with their kids and they aren't willing to invest any significant amount of time in planning.

From the preview on Amazon, it looks like the book is much kinder to first time visitors than Unofficial Guide. However, it is still quite a bit of detail. I think there is an additional market for a shorter 20-30 page (Kindle only?) version first trip for nonplanners.

It would be nice to do a rundown of Disney World in its entirety in 20 pages, but I'm not sure how you would introduce 100 restaurants, 150 attractions, 30 resorts, the dining plan, ticket prices, budgeting, theme park touring, etc. in that much space.

The book is actually set up so you can do as much or as little planning as you want. The first chapter outlines all of our advice on best restaurants, best resorts, which tickets to buy and the following chapters serve to provide more detail in each section. So if you don't want to do much planning and still want to eat at "romantic" restaurants, you'll see the recommendations for Victoria & Albert's, Artist Point, and California Grill. If you don't want to do any research but want to stay at the "best" value resort, we list Pop Century and Art of Animation. Read the first chapter and follow the Cheat Sheet touring plans and you're more or less in business.

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    It would be nice to do a rundown of Disney World in its entirety in 20 pages, but I'm not sure how you would introduce 100 restaurants, 150 attractions, 30 resorts, the dining plan, ticket prices, budgeting, theme park touring, etc. in that much space.
    Use really big pages?

The book is very logically laid out. I like that it's organized in the way I wish the blog was, with easy-to-find indexed info, though I realize that's a blog limitation and you're working on that. One step at a time, right?
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Show some gratitude people! No more complaining - it's the best Disney blog out there!

The book is actually set up so you can do as much or as little planning as you want. The first chapter outlines all of our advice on best restaurants, best resorts, which tickets to buy and the following chapters serve to provide more detail in each section. So if you don't want to do much planning and still want to eat at "romantic" restaurants, you'll see the recommendations for Victoria & Albert's, Artist Point, and California Grill. If you don't want to do any research but want to stay at the "best" value resort, we list Pop Century and Art of Animation. Read the first chapter and follow the Cheat Sheet touring plans and you're more or less in business.
    Noticed your first chapter approach in the preview. I like it. I'm looking forward to reading the first chapter in particular - hopefully on Monday if it doesn't sell out again. But, I do feel there is a young families market for a stripped down shorter version - that wouldn't include an overview of 100 restaurants, 150 attractions, etc. More like a cover brochure for the cheat sheets on the tours for families with young kids, and a few paragraphs on character meals.

Just ordered mine - Amazon says 2 day delivery. Looking forward to checking it out!

Got it yesterday and could not resist "digging into it". I am so impressed at how well organized, and informative it is. I will never have to try to explain Disney to anyone again. As many trips as I have made, I still found it fun to read. My friends & family think because we own DVC that we should know everything. HA! Our favorite trips are our adult only, unstructured ones, so it is hard for me to help families with multi age children. All I have to do now is pass on the book (or recommend they buy their own). Thanks Josh!

I received my book in the mail today, right as I was finishing reading the kindle version. As I am planning our second trip, (and needing guidance after our first trip), I found it very easy to read and understand, and extremely helpful. I enjoy your website very much also. Maybe not a first timer, but wanting to enhance our enjoyment of our trip, I say many thanks for putting this book out there. I have a friend I've already promised to lend it too! She's been before too, but, like me, before all the fast pass changes and magic bands etc. Great job, Josh!