Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

Just read through the thread. This is so amazing, I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now! None of the families on the share can view/access each others plans in any way, correct? Even through the dummy account? Only photos are linked?

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
    Just read through the thread. This is so amazing, I can't believe I didn't know this existed until now! None of the families on the share can view/access each others plans in any way, correct? Even through the dummy account? Only photos are linked?
    If you set up permissions so you can only view shared plans, then you'll only be able to view plans you have in common with other participants (for instance, if you made an ADR with some of the other participants, they would be able to see that). Its possible WDW will change things so more information would be viewable, but none should be changeable at all, if that's your concern.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Yes, thank you, you answered it perfectly.

If someone has already purchased a MM, but hasn't started their vacation yet, can the entitlement be transferred to a dummy account or is it too late for that?

As long as no pictures have been taken on it, it can be re-assigned to the dummy account (it's possible that you could do this after pictures are taken but I have no confirmation of that). I'm not sure if that will start a new 3-day waiting period, but I don't think it would.

Quick question.

Once a member of the group has edited and downloaded their photos from the dummy account, is there a way to delete the photos to make it easier for the rest of the group to search through or do you just have to wait until they expire?
    Sweet Stephanie, bid adieu. Trampled waiting in the queue.

Time Travel : Verb Tenses
    Body Snatching :: Pronouns

There is no *easy* way to delete the photos (such as simply "unlinking" the account). Only going into each photo one by one and deleting is it possible. That's way too much work in my opinion.

Searching shouldn't be that big a deal though - pictures are grouped first by park and then listed chronologically and further grouped by activity (such as "Princess Meet and Greet," "Tinkerbell Meet and Greet," etc. That will make editing easier. As for downloading, that's a different story. You can download all and delete the ones you don't want, or you can download one-by-one (or do a combination of the two).

Ok. Thanks for the answers.
    Sweet Stephanie, bid adieu. Trampled waiting in the queue.

Time Travel : Verb Tenses
    Body Snatching :: Pronouns

Is there any reason a child needs to be linked to the dummy MDE account if the parent is already linked and the child is always with the parent?

Quote Originally Posted by coolmom View Post
    Is there any reason a child needs to be linked to the dummy MDE account if the parent is already linked and the child is always with the parent?
    The only reason would be for maximum flexibility. But otherwise, no.

OK, thank you. I thought I was missing something.

Senior Member FirstAnnualDisney's Avatar
    Is it possible for someone with with an Annual Pass to join a share or would that mess things up if they were going before the share month also?

Hello - just set up Group #1's share and I'm so nervous I'm not doing it right LOL I followed your instructions (except that I've given those who've paid the dummy account info so that they can link themselves and family instead of me doing it)

Question though - regarding shared plans - I'm seeing this message: does this mean it's changed and instead of shared it should be view all plans?

Capture.jpg
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

Okay I figured out what was happening - and the above statement is NOT true - it can be shared, not all plans.

What was screwing me up was I was clicking on the MDE home page for the account and it was giving me the option to purchase MM but I couldn't see the link anywhere but when I click on Reservations and Tickets - I see the link there

phew - this has taken the better part of my morning LOL

Hello again - I don't see where the photos show up - is it because there haven't been any taken yet? There's nowhere that says "Here are your photos" or something obvious - again - maybe it's because a photo hasn't been taken yet but just trying to answer questions
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FirstAnnualDisney View Post
    Is it possible for someone with with an Annual Pass to join a share or would that mess things up if they were going before the share month also?
    Yes, you sure can! You only need to be in the parks and have some pictures taken (either with MagicBand or on an old school PhotoPass card).

Quote Originally Posted by TiggerGirl View Post
    Hello again - I don't see where the photos show up - is it because there haven't been any taken yet? There's nowhere that says "Here are your photos" or something obvious - again - maybe it's because a photo hasn't been taken yet but just trying to answer questions
    thanks!
    Are you going to the photo pass site (https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/mymedia/)? If there aren't any pictures in the account you won't see anything. As soon as the first pictures are in the account it will look totally different, with tabs for the different parks, and photos sorted by date:

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 9.40.52 AM.jpg

I have set up a group, and it looks all correct. However, the permissions seem messed up. I can see others fastpasses and reservations.

Per your guide, I need to change the check box to "view only shared activities" however, that option doesn't stick. I click done, it takes me back to the list, and the screen doesn't change. I click edit again, and the permissions are set back to "view all activity".

Is it s Disney glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    Are you going to the photo pass site (https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/mymedia/)? If there aren't any pictures in the account you won't see anything. As soon as the first pictures are in the account it will look totally different, with tabs for the different parks, and photos sorted by date:

Screen Shot 2014-08-11 at 9.40.52 AM.jpg
    when I go to the photpass page - do I need to link the memory maker or is it just automatically linked when I'm signed into the dummy account?

Quote Originally Posted by Kav946 View Post
    I have set up a group, and it looks all correct. However, the permissions seem messed up. I can see others fastpasses and reservations.

Per your guide, I need to change the check box to "view only shared activities" however, that option doesn't stick. I click done, it takes me back to the list, and the screen doesn't change. I click edit again, and the permissions are set back to "view all activity".

Is it s Disney glitch, or am I doing something wrong?

I noticed this too when I set our up. I clicked view only shared activites and it didn't let anyone view my activities but still let them view DH's and DD's, who were under my account. It wouldn't give me that option for them. So, I removed DD from the list (she is only 6 so will always have one of us with her to do the magic band anyway) and then set DH up with a seperate MDE account and linked him that way, and then I could click shared all.

Hope that helps.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cboyer View Post
    I noticed this too when I set our up. I clicked view only shared activites and it didn't let anyone view my activities but still let them view DH's and DD's, who were under my account. It wouldn't give me that option for them. So, I removed DD from the list (she is only 6 so will always have one of us with her to do the magic band anyway) and then set DH up with a seperate MDE account and linked him that way, and then I could click shared all.

Hope that helps.
    That feels like a sledge hammer to kill a fly.

I personally am not too worried about it. Part of me would actually find it interesting if I were to stumble on one of the members of the share group in the parks. We can't change anything of theirs, only see it. So I am content to leave it alone. I was mostly wondering.

Actually they can change your FP's from the dummy account. Not that I think anyone would, I don't see the point of messing with someone elses fast passes. But when I first set up the dummy account I was playing around trying to figure everything out and was having trouble linking DH, turns out he had a MDE account I had forgotten about and it caused all kinds of problems trying to link him in. That was a pain to get straightened out. That was how I noticed the difference between someone's MDE and being on someone elses as far as permissions go.

I am not sure why disney has it set up that way, it would make sense that if DD is under my account that the permissions I have with friends and family should apply to her as well. But not only is that not the case, I am not even given to option of setting up permissions for her. To me that is something Disney needs to improve on.
    Cindy

when I go to the photpass page - do I need to link the memory maker or is it just automatically linked when I'm signed into the dummy account?
    You need to first ensure that the Memory Maker entitlement is assigned to the dummy account. Then, you have to sign into the mydisneyphotopass site AS the dummy account.

Quote Originally Posted by cboyer View Post
    Actually they can change your FP's from the dummy account. Not that I think anyone would, I don't see the point of messing with someone elses fast passes....

To me that is something Disney needs to improve on.
    Agreed 100%. On the other hand, it kind of underscores that the *intent* is to have actual family and friends linked to your accounts (i.e., people who wouldn't do something malicious with your FPs) rather than relative (or complete) strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    You need to first ensure that the Memory Maker entitlement is assigned to the dummy account. Then, you have to sign into the mydisneyphotopass site AS the dummy account.
    gotcha! thank you! :) sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your help!

gotcha! thank you! :) sorry for all the questions - I appreciate your help!
    No worries! Just waiting for the kid to get out of the shower so we can go to Be Our Guest... ;)