Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    The dummy account needs to be able to view and purchase your members' PhotoPass photos. Otherwise they'd never get included in the Memory Maker downloads. Log in as a participant and make sure the permissions are set correctly to allow that.

thinking about it it probably won't matter since we are offsite with no magicbands we will have to use cards
    2nd Trip to WDW 26th December 2011 to 10th January 2012
    Trip Report Link

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...and-13-1-miles!

How someone without a magic band would do to be part of a memory maker share?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amaral View Post
    How someone without a magic band would do to be part of a memory maker share?
    It's easy (possibly easier than the Magic Bands actually)! You'll just get a PhotoPass card (for free) from any of the photographers. Use that one the entire trip, or get several - it doesn't matter. When you return home, you log into the Share Dummy Account, type in the PhotoPass Card Number from the back of the card, and the pictures will be associated with the Dummy account. Then you can edit and download to your heart's content!
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

I'm currently finishing up a share. My personal acct included my family (husband, children, sister, and mother).We were all able to use our magic bands to receive photos. My personal acct was linked to the dummy acct. My family (husband, children, sister, mother) do not have their own personal MDE acct. I tested first by using combinations of photopass cards, my band, family bands. I did have an issue where one of the participants did not see photos in the dummy acct. The photopass photographer scanned her mother's card. However, I think her mother had her own acct and linked her acct to her daughter's acct (the MM participant). No big deal. She just sent her mom an invite to the dummy acct. Alternatively, she could also try entering the numbers/letters on the magic band. Also, you can go to the photo center in the parks, and they will put the photos from the magic band onto a photopass card. I guess photopass cards might be the safest bet for some. I'm always concerned about those getting lost.

Quote Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
    Thanks. I was going to ask how this would work with the addition of ride photos being added automatically to MBs. If I understand the instructions, it shouldn't matter which MB it is added to as long as the MB is linked to the person in the share somehow. Does that sound right?

Example
    Bob, Lisa, and Sara participate in the MM share.
    Lisa has Joe and Timmy linked in MDE as her family.
    Timmy rides SM. The ride photo is added automatically to Timmy's band.
    Lisa should be able to view this photo in her MDE account.
    Because she can view the photo in MDE, she should be able to edit it and download in the dummy account for the Share.

Does this logic pan out? Anyone want to help me with a "truth table"? (I feel like I am back in school)

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    It's easy (possibly easier than the Magic Bands actually)! You'll just get a PhotoPass card (for free) from any of the photographers. Use that one the entire trip, or get several - it doesn't matter. When you return home, you log into the Share Dummy Account, type in the PhotoPass Card Number from the back of the card, and the pictures will be associated with the Dummy account. Then you can edit and download to your heart's content!
    humm thank you DoctorK!! now Im wondering what I need to do to get the ride photos? considering that Im staying on site
    Last edited by i_amaral; 08-07-2014 at 12:39 PM.

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Im also still a tad confused about the ride photos. Since the dummy account is the account holder and there are no magic bands associated with that account, can we sill have our bands scanned at the photo counter? Or should we get cards for ride photos?
    Thanks for all the work you have done on this!! And to all who have reported back after using it. It is SO helpful!!
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by i_amaral View Post
    humm thank you DoctorK!! now Im wondering what I need to do to get the ride photos? considering that Im staying off site
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Im also still a tad confused about the ride photos. Since the dummy account is the account holder and there are no magic bands associated with that account, can we sill have our bands scanned at the photo counter? Or should we get cards for ride photos?
    Thanks for all the work you have done on this!! And to all who have reported back after using it. It is SO helpful!!
    Having ride photos put on cards is always an option, whether you're staying offsite or onsite. If you don't have a Magic Band it's the only option. If you do have a Magic Band, and it's linked to the dummy account, you can go to the counter, have your Magic Band scanned and the ride photo will be available in the dummy account.

"Automatic" linking of photo-to-band that just rolled out is NOT an option for share participants. You MUST go to the counter, either to have a card or Magic Band scanned.

Having ride photos put on cards is always an option, whether you're staying offsite or onsite. If you don't have a Magic Band it's the only option. If you do have a Magic Band, and it's linked to the dummy account, you can go to the counter, have your Magic Band scanned and the ride photo will be available in the dummy account.

"Automatic" linking of photo-to-band that just rolled out is NOT an option for share participants. You MUST go to the counter, either to have a card or Magic Band scanned.
    Not to beat a dead horse but, as long as the user whose magic band is scanned for the ride photo is linked to dummy account then it will add because it sees as somehow being part of the dummy's Memory Maker, right? I was confused how this was going to work so just trying to make sure I understand.

When the Cast Member at the counter scans *your* Magic Band, it become associated with *your* My PhotoPass account. If you have given the dummy account permission to view your PhotoPass pictures, then those pictures can be *also* be edited and downloaded from the dummy account. Which is what you'd want to do. Rather than paying $20/photo from *your* account, you'd want to download them for free from the dummy Memory Maker Share account, right?

Does that make sense?

When the Cast Member at the counter scans *your* Magic Band, it become associated with *your* My PhotoPass account. If you have given the dummy account permission to view your PhotoPass pictures, then those pictures can be *also* be edited and downloaded from the dummy account. Which is what you'd want to do. Rather than paying $20/photo from *your* account, you'd want to download them for free from the dummy Memory Maker Share account, right?

Does that make sense?
    It does, but I thought they wouldn't add the picture to your account for free unless you bought it? I may be thinking about it wrong though. The last time we were at WDW was in September 2012 and we had PhotoPass+, or whatever it was, where we got the ride photos and dining photos. I was under the impression at the time that the only way you get the ride pictures was with the PhotoPass+ card or to give them money right then. I thought that was the way it would work with Memory Maker, if it isn't tied directly into your account then you can't get the ride photos or the dining photos added without paying for them. If that isn't the case then great. I've looked but I haven't seen anything that says this one way or the other, i.e. how to get ride photos with magic bands without memory maker. Then again, I have been busy at work and haven't had a chance to extensively look.

LOTS has changed since 2012, and the way they do attraction photos with is completely different. You just tell them you have MemoryMaker, hold your band up to the scanner, and it gets attached to your account.

If you don't have MemoryMaker (or aren't part of a share) you can still buy the hard copies at the counters as before. I believe you can also have them scanned to your Magic Band and you can buy a digital download from home. But none of that should be of concern to you.

OK, thanks for filling me in. I figured you knew what was going on but I'm an engineer, I like to double check if I don't know for sure.

Hi
    When you purchase the memory maker for the dummy account am I right in assuming you get it assigned to the dummy account. It asked which person I wanted it assigned to from the list of friends and family who had linked up to the account already.
    Think I am just paranoid as when I rang to speak to a CM about picking up the memorymaker card I wanted to know, as some of our party were arriving the day before us as the card wouldn't have been picked up, would their photos still link through to the dummy account. She asked for my MDE details so I gave her the dummy account details and she said there were no reservations etc on there so it wouldn't work I explained we were staying offsite hence no reservation and were buying tickets when we got there, think I covered everything but she wasn't convinced it would work at all, looking for reassurance as I have followed DoctorK's blog and thought I had it all worked out. Couldn't really tell her it was a share said we were a wedding party, partly true as 2 of the 4 groups are here on honeymoon and the other 2 groups hope to meet up :-)
    Trip Report Link

It works. Better not to ask CMs questions like that, though. First, they'll never have the correct information. Second, you don't want to publicize what you're doing.

Sign in under the dummy account and purchase the Memory Maker entitlement with that account. The entitlement should ONLY be assigned to the dummy account. Everyone else's access is through the Family and Friends mechanism.

Thanks that's what I though,t I never let on just said we were a large wedding party :-)
    Trip Report Link

so can i use the rifd cards or the photopass cards to get ride pictures, and we are one of 5 partys traveling , but none will have magicbands

Quote Originally Posted by holliefabbabe View Post
    so can i use the rifd cards or the photopass cards to get ride pictures, and we are one of 5 partys traveling , but none will have magicbands
    yep yep
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

Fab , oh so i dont need a card like the photopass+ one that we had last year, cool, do i just say i have memory maker then after a ride at the photobooth

You'll have to have the picture applied to something. If you don't have magic bands then you'll need a PhotoPass card - but just a regular one will work if you explain that you have Memory Maker. Those PhotoPass+ cards on the lanyard aren't used or needed anymore.

Your a fab dude Doctork, , just need to explain it all to the newbies in my group now (some are first timers)

Quote Originally Posted by holliefabbabe View Post
    Your a fab dude Doctork
    Cheers! :)

when it comes to downloading them, the dummy account can see them all, but each account will only see there own (and be able to download), providing they join the dummy account and i approve them

The dummy account will be able to view all of the pictures that are scanned to a linked magic band. Additionally, each participant will need to have the login information for the dummy account to upload the PhotoPass cards. They will NOT be able to download pictures from their own account (without paying an additional hefty price).

ah got you , so its a case of sorting out /picking out your own pictures