Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar

Memory Maker Share Guide for Leaders and Participants

Great news! I have updated my guide and published it as an ebook. The 25-page Sharing Disney's Memory Maker is available now in .pdf format for viewing on most PCs and devices for just $0.99. You can download it here:

https://gum.co/SharingDisneysMemoryMaker

As always, I'm happy to answer specific questions about sharing that are posted to the Photography Forum.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DopeyRunr; 03-14-2015 at 08:39 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

That's a great explanation! Thanks for doing it.

Wow! Awesome thank you! Can we get this pinned?
    CR Jan 18-23 2018 YC Jan 23-28

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Awesome DoctorK! Thank you so much! One questions, do you know what happens differently if the fake account is added as a friend and not as family? Just curious so I can tell my people.
    thanks again, this is great!!
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
    Awesome DoctorK! Thank you so much! One questions, do you know what happens differently if the fake account is added as a friend and not as family? Just curious so I can tell my people.
    thanks again, this is great!!
    If you don't check the box indicating that they are family, as far as I know the only difference is you won't be able to see the Memory Maker confirmation number under My Reservations. There's a screenshot in there. I don't think there's any difference otherwise. It doesn't change permissions though so I recommend doing it.

fizboBunny
    Good info

Thanks. Great tutorial! I look forward to being part of the August share.

Thanks for the tutorial,it's great!

fizboBunny
    This should be a sticky.

On a side note, from the dummy account, do the managed friends show as can't view photos, yet their photos are still showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by fizboBunny View Post
    On a side note, from the dummy account, do the managed friends show as can't view photos, yet their photos are still showing up?
    I don't understand what you mean here.

How does it work if pictures are missing? Would we have to contact support and get them to add them to our accounts and they would automatically show up on the dummy account?

Almost all of the pictures in the dummy account are actually NOT in the dummy account. They're from other people's linked accounts. So if you were missing pictures and contacted Disney to find them, they would still link those picture to your MDE account and because you'd be linked to the dummy account they'd show up in the dummy account for editing and downloading.

fizboBunny
    A managed account is a MDE account created under another account. Like a child's account which was created in the parents.

We did not have a dummy account, because we split it between 3 families last trip. My mom bought the MM and linked it to her account. In her account the people with their own regular MDE accounts (me, my brother, his wife) show as "can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos." Those that are a managed account (my son, my nephews) show as "cannot view your plans or photos. More Information", but photos scanned to their bands did show up in my mom's photopass account. I don't see anyway to change the setting for a dummy account. My assumption is that as long as the person who manages them can view photos, then the managed account is able to use their band to add photos.

My mom made a "managed account" for everyone when she made her Disney plans. This was a huge pain in the butt because we had to call Disney and get the real people switched out with the ones she created so that we could make FPP in advance. On the trip she called in a panic (after I had left) because she couldn't make fpp for NephewL. I made them through the app for the group and that was that. Until I went to download our MM pics. I realized there were quite a few missing. That's when I realized she had never connected to my nephew's real account (the managed MDE version which his tickets and room stay were linked to). I sent the invite to my brother from her account, he accepted and then voila, the missing pics showed up. It must have been my nephew's band which was scanned for those.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    Almost all of the pictures in the dummy account are actually NOT in the dummy account. They're from other people's linked accounts. So if you were missing pictures and contacted Disney to find them, they would still link those picture to your MDE account and because you'd be linked to the dummy account they'd show up in the dummy account for editing and downloading.
    That was what I thought but just double checking. Thanks DoctorK.

Just an update - I updated the instructions to make it clear how to link "managed" family members so that anybody in your family can use a Magic Band for PhotoPass pictures.

Thanks. I was going to ask how this would work with the addition of ride photos being added automatically to MBs. If I understand the instructions, it shouldn't matter which MB it is added to as long as the MB is linked to the person in the share somehow. Does that sound right?

Example
    Bob, Lisa, and Sara participate in the MM share.
    Lisa has Joe and Timmy linked in MDE as her family.
    Timmy rides SM. The ride photo is added automatically to Timmy's band.
    Lisa should be able to view this photo in her MDE account.
    Because she can view the photo in MDE, she should be able to edit it and download in the dummy account for the Share.

Does this logic pan out? Anyone want to help me with a "truth table"? (I feel like I am back in school)
    Sweet Stephanie, bid adieu. Trampled waiting in the queue.

Time Travel : Verb Tenses
    Body Snatching :: Pronouns

fizboBunny
    I don't think we will know the answers to that until we get some first hand reports.

fizboBunny
    Also, Timmy and Joe will need to be linked to the Dummy account. Not just Lisa. This I know first hand.

So using the example above, it would be best for Lisa to just have the photo added to her band just in case at the counter.
    Sweet Stephanie, bid adieu. Trampled waiting in the queue.

Time Travel : Verb Tenses
    Body Snatching :: Pronouns

Great thread! We just shared MM and it went pretty smoothly for us ;)

~~~2015 Moved to Florida from PA!~~~

fizboBunny
    Quote Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
    So using the example above, it would be best for Lisa to just have the photo added to her band just in case at the counter.
    for right now I would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by neffernie View Post
    If you add all accounts, they'll all say "share PhotoPass photos with [dummy share account]" so they should all work with Magic Bands.

Thank you so much I now have a dummy account with me and all my family members linked to it as I followed your process to the letter :-)

One quick question
    In the 'dummy account' is it correct that if I click on My friends and family list next to my real account name it says
    Tracy can view all your plans.
    Tracy can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos

but next to the other family members (whose real accounts I manage) it says
    XXX cannot view your plans or photos

In the real account they do have my dummy account as can view photopass photos

Just want to get it straight that this is all ok

Just need to get my other friends to join me know and then we can do a share :-)
    2nd Trip to WDW 26th December 2011 to 10th January 2012
    Trip Report Link

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...and-13-1-miles!

fizboBunny
    Make sure the dummy account is only viewing shared plans from your account

Yes it does say in my real account that the dummy account can only view shared plans

It is when I am logged into the dummy account that I get the
    Tracy can view all your plans.
    Tracy can view and purchase your PhotoPass photos

I know that means I as real tracy can view all the dummy accounts stuff (obviously only has MM in it)

but next to the other family members (whose real accounts I manage) it says
    XXX cannot view your plans or photos
    - taking that to mean they can't look at the dummy account because they don't have their own MDE account and I manage them so that I would have to sort out their photos in the dummy account - which I obviously would anyway.

Hope that isn't too confusing but I think I know what I mean.
    2nd Trip to WDW 26th December 2011 to 10th January 2012
    Trip Report Link

http://www.easywdw.com/forums/showth...and-13-1-miles!