Thread: 7 month mark nothings available!

7 month mark nothings available!

Hi,

Is anyone else noticing that at the 7 month mark nothing is available other than Saratoga?

On Monday night I was able to get Wilderness for all but the first day of my trip, so I had to wait list it because the first day (oct 17) was the 7 month mark. I stayed up until 12am thinking I could switch to Oct 18th and get that week. Well 12AM came and went, and the system didn't let me book for the 18th forward. My husband tried in the morning and the week was already gone! How can that be!! I've been traveling for over 10 years, going in May & Oct, and I've always had no issue booking different resort but the last few trips we have been having to go to Saratoga. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy that resort a lot, but it's nice to switch it up a little so it doesn't feel like the same exact vacation each time.

thanks for letting me vent,
    Diana

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade expert Meeska Mooska's Avatar
    Hi Diana,

Vent away :).

I know that's a very busy time for DVC. Points are low, and it's F&W at Epcot.

The online booking opens at 8am EST, so you wouldn't have been able to book the 18th at midnight. And if your husband didn't log on right at 8 am, he may have missed out on it.

You're right at the 7 month mark, so there will be quite a bit of movement. Definitely wait list, but also keep checking yourself throughout the day, and every day. It seems the waitlist assignments are not automatic, and it's possible to find dates available before they go to the waitlists.

Good luck!

Officially the online booking window opens at 8:00 am but over at MouseOwners some people have reported that it will occasionally open earlier (earliest I have seen reported was 3 am). Unfortunatley there seems to be no pattern when and why it occasionally will open earlier.

Best guess is the system coming back on after a reboot.
    I am @GrtBigBeautiful on DizTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Meeska Mooska View Post
    Hi Diana,

Vent away :).

I know that's a very busy time for DVC. Points are low, and it's F&W at Epcot.

The online booking opens at 8am EST, so you wouldn't have been able to book the 18th at midnight. And if your husband didn't log on right at 8 am, he may have missed out on it.

You're right at the 7 month mark, so there will be quite a bit of movement. Definitely wait list, but also keep checking yourself throughout the day, and every day. It seems the waitlist assignments are not automatic, and it's possible to find dates available before they go to the waitlists.

Good luck!
    Thank you! I just went back online and we were able to get Oct 19-24!!! We'll pay cash for Saturday somewhere, it's my DD birthday trip so maybe we'll stay at a monorail resort the first night as a treat!

BTW, I am not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I just did a search for October 18th through the 25th and there is availability at BLT, Boardwalk, AKV, OKW, SSR and VWL, in a mix of 1BR and Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangeite View Post
    Officially the online booking window opens at 8:00 am but over at MouseOwners some people have reported that it will occasionally open earlier (earliest I have seen reported was 3 am). Unfortunatley there seems to be no pattern when and why it occasionally will open earlier.

Best guess is the system coming back on after a reboot.
    What was funny was that on the right side of the screen under KEY DATES, the NON-HOME resort changed to October 18th but the booking system didn't. My husband did logon at 8am, next time we will try earlier

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Hmmmm.....that's odd. I just checked those dates and the only thing not showing up available for the week of Oct 18-25 at Wilderness Lodge is a Studio on the 18th, everything else is available. Also, Animal Kingdom Villas are available for studio/1 and 2 bedroom as well as OKW. Heck, even BLT 1-bedrooms are available.

I went in to check because I've never had a problem getting what I wanted at the 7 Month mark. In fact, we have a Grand Villa at Old Key West that I booked at about 165 days out without any issues so curious as to why they were all booked up for October. I expected BCV and BWV to be gone and probably BLT....but not the rest of them.

ETA: I got a phone call while I was typing and came back to finish....it looks like others have responded too and that you have something booked for now at least....glad to hear it.
    Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by richdi89 View Post
    What was funny was that on the right side of the screen under KEY DATES, the NON-HOME resort changed to October 18th but the booking system didn't. My husband did logon at 8am, next time we will try earlier
    The key date area on the right hand side of the screen will always switch over at midnight but not the booking system. Annoying but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by blyday View Post
    Hmmmm.....that's odd. I just checked those dates and the only thing not showing up available for the week of Oct 18-25 at Wilderness Lodge is a Studio on the 18th, everything else is available. Also, Animal Kingdom Villas are available for studio/1 and 2 bedroom as well as OKW. Heck, even BLT 1-bedrooms are available.

I went in to check because I've never had a problem getting what I wanted at the 7 Month mark. In fact, we have a Grand Villa at Old Key West that I booked at about 165 days out without any issues so curious as to why they were all booked up for October. I expected BCV and BWV to be gone and probably BLT....but not the rest of them.
    I just saw availability almost everywhere as well.

Sounds to me like it might have been glitch when her husband checked.

My husband called and was able to get the entire week

... this online system stinks!

try searching now and see what you get for a studio, I do not see as much available as you all,

I guess I need to buy more points so we can stay in a 1 bedroom.

We are still trying to go twice a year while my daughter is young, so we stay in a studio to make the points stretch. once we stop pulling her out of school we will go only once a year and stay in a 1-bedroom I guess. Dreading that point. I will go through some serious withdrawl lol

Thank you all so much!!!!!

There's your problem - studios go first and fast! I have never had a problem getting a 1 bedroom at 7 months just about anywhere. We got a I bedroom garden view at BV(overlooked to canal and quiet pool with a view of HS) the 1st week of December. I was surprised with it being low points time and a heavy DVC rental time. We loved it!