Thread: Port Orleans Riverside vs. Caribbean Beach Resort

Port Orleans Riverside vs. Caribbean Beach Resort

I'm currently booked at CBR, but I'm sort of having second thoughts because everything I read about is that it's so BIG. We stayed at POP last time and literally had a 15-20 minute walk from our room to the bus stop. It was....tiring.

The theming isn't as important to me and neither are the pool areas. In terms of food, we'll only be eating light, quick service breakfast at the resort.

We're also only going to MK and Epcot so shorter transport to those areas is preferred.

Which resort would you stay at? POR is $10 more per night for a "garden view." (We currently have a "standard" booked at CBR.)

Thoughts?
    Upcoming:
    WDW F&W/MNNSHP October 2017
    Magic 7-day Mediterranean June 2018

Past:
    DL too many times to count...
    WDW 2013
    WDW/Dream 3-day Bahamas 2014
    Magic 5-day Caribbean 2015
    Wonder 7-day Alaskan 2016
    Magic 5-day Bahamas March 2017
    Universal Orlando June 2017

Have you considered POFQ? It is smaller than POR. We have stayed at both. The bus stop felt like it was right outside our door at POFQ (building 4). We had a longer walk to the bus stop at POR.

I couldn't be happy with the double beds at CBR.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by kfernandes View Post
    Have you considered POFQ? It is smaller than POR. We have stayed at both. The bus stop felt like it was right outside our door at POFQ (building 4). We had a longer walk to the bus stop at POR.
    There are no good rates left for POFQ. It would be an extra $50/night or so. I'm fine with $10 more, but not another $50/night more.
    Upcoming:

Past:
    WDW 2013

From what I understand, CBR is bigger than POR. We really enjoyed POR. The food there was good and the resort has a nice, relaxed feel to it.

We have stayed at CBR and POFQ. At CBR we requested a room in the Jamaica section (Aruba would be good also) and it was a short walk over the bridge to the food court. It was not a preferred room.
    Last edited by Linda B; 03-02-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda B View Post
    We have stayed at CBR and POFQ. At CBR we requested a room in the Jamaica section (Aruba would be good also) and it was a short walk over the bridge to the food court. It was not a preferred room.
    Yes, the Jamaica section is what we always request too. A short, beautiful, walk to Old Port Royale. We typically get breakfast from the food court (DH brings it back to the room, while we get ready). Some nights we will get off the bus at OPR to get a snack and then walk back to our rooms.

Many people dislike the multiple bus stop locations at CBR, but I think they are wonderful! No matter what village you stay in, the bus stop is really close, which is more important to us than having the pool or food court close. Sure, you have to make the loop before heading to the park, but if you are a RD family, you will find it goes really quick because very few people are up and at the bus stops. Every trip we get at least 2 or 3 bus rides where we are the only family on the bus. The driver does a quick loop, but if no one is waiting at the stop, they just drive on by.

We stayed at AOA LM rooms one trip and had the same problem as you did at POP, so we went back to CBR. We are trying FQ for the first time this trip for something new. We will see if that changes our thoughts on CBR, but for now it is our favorite!

Well, we decided to go for POR. I ultimately had DH look at both and he picked. :)
    Upcoming:

Past:
    WDW 2013

I like Riverside a lot. Even if the size is somewhat similar, Riverside has multiple bridges from the Magnolia Bend section over to the main building, unlike Caribbean that really only has the one.

I hope you found availability for a preferred room! After contemplating and then finally deciding on PO-Riverside (with the help and advice of the wonderful people here!) all of the preferred and garden view rooms were booked for our June dates.

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    I dont think you need preferred at POR. We LOVE it, it's our favorite and we never have a preferred room.
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

We got a Garden View. I know that DD would have loved a Royal Room, but I just couldn't justify the extra $$
    Upcoming:

Past:
    WDW 2013

Just put on your request that you want to be close to the main building/restaurant. (haven't had first full cup of coffee - can't remember REAL name).
    Love POR.

When I changed my reso on the phone, she put in the request for close to main building. Is that all I need to do or should I call back closer to my trip?
    Upcoming:

Past:
    WDW 2013