Thread: 2BR Villa at BCV

2BR Villa at BCV

Can someone talk to me about the 2br villas at BCV? Travel dates are 1/23/15-1/31/15. We'll have 3 adults and 4 children. Ages of the children will be 9,8,6 and 5. Will we feel cramped? Our original plan was to get 2 studios, but the friend we're renting points from said she'd do the 2br villa for $8 per point. Quite a deal. I just want to make sure we're going to have enough space and not want to pull our hair out before weeks end. She's willing to charge us $8 per point for any of the 2br DVCs. She owns at SSR so at the very least we'll end up there. Our first choice is BCV, second choice is AKV and SSR last. We came up with those preferences based on getting 2 studios. Is there anything different about 2brs that would make us want to change our choices? Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Sara

Eat, drink and be merry

I've stayed in a 2 BR there and loved it, but it was my family of 4. I'm not sure I would do it with another family, I'd rather have separate rooms. BUT the big advantage is that you would have a full kitchen and a washer/dryer which you wouldn't get in a studio. Hmm, maybe those points would even make me change my mind! I think it depends on how much privacy you are looking for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Wake me up at the end of the meal
    I would definitely do a 2 bedroom. I do not care for any studio it is basically a hotel room. Another option is for you to rent at OKW the rooms are significantly bigger giving more space.
    Wendy

Oct 1995: Treehouse Villas (Village Resort); Oct 1999: BWV; Mar 2000: POR; Feb 2001: Orange Lake; Jan 2003: AS Sports; Nov 2005: Vistana; Apr 2007: SSR; Apr 2009: BCV; Nov 2009: BWV; Apr 2011: BCV; Dec 2011: BCV; March 2013: BCV; Nov 2013: OKW; Apr 2014: AKL; Nov 2014: BWV; Feb 2015: BCV; Oct 2015: SSR; Mar 2018: BCV; Feb 2019: BCV; Dec 2019: BCV; Jan 2020: BLT

that's a shame
    I think it comes down to how neat and organized you are.

Two kids would have to share the sofa bed in the living area. Will you stow away the bed every morning so when you get back from the parks you have a living room and not a bedroom?

Also, figure out who would sleep in the bedrooms, who would end up sharing a room, sharing a bed, etc. and decide if that would work.

We have three kids, two boys and a girl. They are at the ages where they won't share a bed. The two b/r villas are fine. Two boys in one bedroom, DD in the living room, DW and I in the MBR.
    If you weren't a Seinfeld fan, you won't get the reference.

josh's mathematician and no expiration upgrade expert Meeska Mooska's Avatar
    I'll be in a 2 BR (with 2 queen beds in the second bedroom - you have to specifically book this room type) at BCV next Thursday. I'll be happy to answer any questions :)