Thread: CR club rooms

CR club rooms

Anyone know much about the CR club rooms, with the new free dining DH mentioned staying at club level. I have read reviews....... just don't know if its worth it, will I use it, free dining just gave me more shopping money. I'm not sold on the idea... we are in tower room with MK view...I'm not sure I want to take my FD savings and put it there. If you remember DH is a Disney Resistor, if it would occupy him while DS and I go to the parks maybe......it might be a good thing, but I do love my shopping
    ME DH DS

Contemporary Resort Atrium CL December 2011
    Contemporary Resort Atrium CL December 2012

NO TICKER!!!!!!!!!!! DH me

The rooms themselves are the same layout on CL. The service offers itinerary planning assistance, where they make all your ADRs, tour reservations etc before your trip. There is a lounge with continental breakfast, snacks, hors d'oeuvres & desserts plus beer, wine, cordials & other beverages. There is dedicated staff to help with any last-minute issues or questions on-site. You should also have personal check-in, instead of waiting in line in the lobby.
    If these things sound like they would be useful, then CL might be for you. If none of this sounds like it's worth the additional money, then go shopping!
    It's a very personal decision. I hope this helps...
    Jill

We were on the DP (paying) and were upgraded to CL unexpectedly at gf. We loved CL, but found that with the DP there was way too much food. We certainly didn't need both. I would never have both at once on purpose. It was a wonderful experience but if I were you, I would put my money towards something else. This year we decided to do a room discount and CL, instead of free DP. The cost comes out to about the same, but my son thought CL was great and this way, we can have flexibility with dining. But your way will be great too -- we have also enjoyed the DP. My 2 cents is, CL won't be worth it to you. Good luck!

That is what I was thinking.......I need to shop....cuz he is not getting my Disney savings back, he told me last night this is a one time trip
    ME DH DS

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    When is it that you're going? Have you looked to see if there's a room discount available? You might be able to go even cheaper using a room discount than using the free dining promotion. That would give you even MORE shopping money or even extras for a spa treatment over at GF because after all he's not getting your Disney savings back.

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annethomas View Post
    That is what I was thinking.......I need to shop....cuz he is not getting my Disney savings back, he told me last night this is a one time trip
    I wouldn't hold him to that. If he has never been before and never experienced the magic.....just wait.....there is an 85% chance that he will drink of the Kool-aid and be planning the next trip by the time you check out!!!!!

I would definitely look at room discounts. There is currently an AP rate that gives you 40% off of Deluxe rooms that would save you quite a bit of change. In about 95% of cases, room discounts are better at deluxes then free dining. For example, I had a client once who was staying at BC in 2 room. The difference in savings between the Free dining and the room discount (also 40%) was over $500 for the 2 rooms. Same package, with tickets and dining plan, just the room discount was $500 less!!!! So.....check it out. It might even be worth getting on AP in your room to get the AP rate. But then again.....the rate could go general public in the next week or so without an AP....so watch for the deals.....especially if you upgrade to Club level!!!!
    Brenda

If I can tell he isn't drinking the kool aid...... I will make sure he remembers this trip for a looooooooooooooooooog time, its called shop til you drop
    ME DH DS

Quote Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post
    When is it that you're going? Have you looked to see if there's a room discount available? You might be able to go even cheaper using a room discount than using the free dining promotion. That would give you even MORE shopping money or even extras for a spa treatment over at GF because after all he's not getting your Disney savings back.
    We are going Dec 12-17 I have looked for room only discounts haven't seen any yet......still hoping
    ME DH DS

Well I upgraded to Atrium Club Level, I have been doing so much research on club levels and I just thought I'll go for it. Now if I can get the Christmas Tree/ Mickey's Grand Christmas Welcome in the room before we arrive I will be happy.

We stayed CL at The Poly last year and we are again this year -- we will be there at this time tomorrow!
    We mainly used the lounge for the breakfast in the morning. They had cereal, muffins, yogurt, beverages, etc. It was a real time-saver for us! The afternoon snacks aren't much--crackers, cookies, gummies, etc. The evening service is a really nice appetizer-type thing. Meatballs, veggies, potstickers, etc and beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Dessert service is nice (from 7:00 to 9:00.) We also had the DP and will again this time. We have 1 nice TS and CS during the day. We eat the breakfast at the lounge. In my opinion, it is not too much food. The CL food to me is just a little bonus perk, and does not replace our meals.

Quote Originally Posted by marlaine View Post
    We stayed CL at The Poly last year and we are again this year -- we will be there at this time tomorrow!
    We mainly used the lounge for the breakfast in the morning. They had cereal, muffins, yogurt, beverages, etc. It was a real time-saver for us! The afternoon snacks aren't much--crackers, cookies, gummies, etc. The evening service is a really nice appetizer-type thing. Meatballs, veggies, potstickers, etc and beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Dessert service is nice (from 7:00 to 9:00.) We also had the DP and will again this time. We have 1 nice TS and CS during the day. We eat the breakfast at the lounge. In my opinion, it is not too much food. The CL food to me is just a little bonus perk, and does not replace our meals.
    HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and thanks for the info!!!

I just got my IPO email I have to fill out questionnaire and I did call the Disney Florist to see if club level rooms are preassigned so can they do the Christmas Mickey Welcome and Christmas Tree before we get there and they said something could be worked out with concierge, the tree could be put in room after we come back from the park but if the Welcome stuff is the next day I will have already bought a bunch of stuff no need for a welcome.