Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVC Discounts, Benefits etc.

DVC Discounts, Benefits etc.

Is there anywhere that has published what benefits, savings, discounts you get as being part of the DVC. I am currently researching whether or not becoming a member would benefit me moving forward. I know you get certain discounts at restaurants etc. but can't seem to find any published list of what these benefits are.
    Josh

1985-2003 - Visited about 5 times growing up, twice as a teenager.
    Jan. 2014 - Coronado Springs
    Oct. 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Got Engaged!)
    Oct. 2015 - Coronado Springs (Disneymoon!)
    March 4-10 2018 - Taking Our Daughter on her 1st Trip!!

You can check here http://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/about/benefits/

Keep in mind that the member perks can & do change from one year to the next. Sure it's nice to save 10% & 15% on some meals, but the main advantage is staying in the DVC accomodations and not having a ginormous hotel bill each trip. There are a number of factors in deciding about a DVC purchase. That said, one of the comments most frequently heard from new DVC members is "We should have done this years ago!" If you think DVC is for you, you should check out some of the re-sale offers. There are deals to be had that might be more affordable than buying direct from Disney.
    "There's Always My Way..."

Check out my website or Android app (see signature) for what is available. But like was said before, don't buy DVC for the discounts, nothing is guaranteed and they do change.

That is the best advice, consider any perks or discounts to be gravy only, not a factor in whether you should buy. Sometimes there are some decent things happening, sometimes not so much. With the exception of the lower priced Annual Pass, we have hardly ever used a DVC discount. And the AP things for DVC haven't been around forever.

Ps, Micah- where's your signature?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

I am posting from my phone since I am at Disney World right now... signatures here must not sure work from mobile devices.

Anyway, it is www.MousePerks.com ... sorry to be confusing.

Thanks for the pointers. I wasn't planning on basing my decisions on the discounts but was curious what they were, that's all. I did find out you get 25% off annual passes.
    Josh

That is the current AP discount for the last few years. Before that it wasn't. A new AP offer is about to be announced. Might be on the website today or tomorrow. It's supposed to be a limited time thing though I read, starting 2/6 for some period of time. I don't know what the offer will be yet.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
    It's an amusement park, for goodness sake, how much planning could you need?

Oh, I'm excited to see what the DVC AP discount will be, the last time they did this we were able to get the PAP for less than the AP! Not to steal the tread, but I've been trying to see if parking is a perk that is included with DVC. We ended up flying in a day earlier than we had planned when we booked our DVC reservation because is saved over $400 and I had a free night at a Marriot, so we are coming in a day early and I was wondering if I had to pay to park that day or if my DVC card worked for that. Thanks for any help and I too agree, we are so happy to be DVC members and the perks can be great, but they do change.
    Meredith

Quote Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
    That is the current AP discount for the last few years. Before that it wasn't. A new AP offer is about to be announced. Might be on the website today or tomorrow. It's supposed to be a limited time thing though I read, starting 2/6 for some period of time. I don't know what the offer will be yet.
    Vicki, do you have a link of where you saw this information? I'm seriously considering purchasing a DVC investment/membership, however definitely on the fence right now. I understand the discounts change on a regular/annual basis and I'm not making my sole decision on whether to invest on these factors. However, it is all information that is nice to have when making a final decision. It's a shame WDW doesn't have any brochures or anything spelling out what what all the discounts/savings are for being a DVC member. The mousperks website from Micah though did help to see the current restaurant discounts.
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    I am posting from my phone since I am at Disney World right now... signatures here must not sure work from mobile devices.

Anyway, it is www.MousePerks.com ... sorry to be confusing.
    Micah, thanks for the information. Questions, if you are a DVC member, and then purchase an AP, and a TiW card, do you get all these combined? That would seem over the top, but figured I'd ask.
    Josh

No, you have to pick which discount to use. I always feel silly pulling out my TiW card, AP and DVC card, but I ask which has the best discount and it has saved me quite a bit of money.
    Meredith

Thanks Meredith, I wouldn't think you could double dip on the discounts, that would just be too good to be true, ha-ha.
    Josh

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    They released the info this morning.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/dnews/...nual_pa_1.html

The Disney Vacation Club has new discounts for three types of Annual Passports beginning February 6, 2014: WDW Premium Annual Pass, Disneyland Annual Pass, and the bi-coastal Disney Premier Passport!!

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass
    Theme Park ticket discounts are the most-requested of all Member perks, and Disney Vacation Club is thrilled to deliver on that request with three Annual Pass discounts available for purchase starting February 6 through April 30, 2014.

Enhance your vacation experiences at Walt Disney World Resort and enjoy limited time savings on Walt Disney World Premium Annual passes. Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of this special offer February 6 through April 30, 2014.

Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $245 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass.

With a Premium Annual Pass, you'll enjoy:

Unlimited the ability to visit all Walt Disney World Theme Parks on the same day
    Water Parks
    DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park
    Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
    Parking
    Access to special Passholder events
    No blockout dates all year

To purchase the Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass, Members can visit the online Ticket Store (available February 6th), call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 or (407)566-3800, or visit any Walt Disney World Vacation Planning or Guest Relations window. But hurry, this special Member pricing is only available until April 30, 2014.

Please call Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to find out more.

Disney Premier Passport
    Discover vacation magic at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California with Membership Magic savings.

For the first time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay a discounted rate of $849, saving $130 off the regular price on their Disney Premier Passport.
    With a Disney Premier Passport, you'll enjoy:

Same-day access to all Walt Disney World and Disneyland Theme Parks
    Parking
    No blockout dates
    And more!

Members can purchase a Disney Premier Passport at one of the following Disney Parks locations:

Disneyland Resort: Theme park ticket booths
    Walt Disney World Resort: Guest Relations windows

Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires.

Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passports
    Discover limited time savings on Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passports for Disney Vacation Club Members at The Happiest Place on Earth. Enjoy an enhanced vacation experience at Disneyland Resort when you take advantage of this special offer available February 6 through April 30, 2014.

Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passports: For the first time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay a discounted rate of $429, saving $70 off the regular price on their Deluxe Annual Passport.
    With a Deluxe Annual Passport, you'll enjoy:

315-day access in a year to both Disneyland Theme Parks
    Same day Park Hopping

To purchase the Disneyland Resort Deluxe Annual Passport, Members can visit the online Ticket Store (available February 6th) or visit any Disneyland Resort theme park ticket booth.

Even if you've already purchased one, you can still take advantage of these limited-time savings. Purchase before April 30, 2014, and you can activate your new Pass or Passport when your old one expires.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Thanks George!! Great information. Seems to be the same price though. The guy from DVC yesterday told me you get a 25% off so with taxes and all it would be just about $500 for the AP, so it seems that a regular AP is going up in price, and the DVC will still be 25%. I could be mistaken, but that looks to be right from the math. Seems like its $17 more now with taxes included at $517.88

Still glad to see that they are keeping the same program in place.
    Josh

George-- any thoughts on how long we'll have to activate the vouchers after we buy them? Do you remember how it worked last time. I think I remember there being a deadline for activation as opposed to the regular vouchers. I was stupid and didn't get them last time and thinking I might get some in March/April. But it's possible we wouldn't activate them until January 2015.

Nothing in the article about a deadline activation. MS may be able to answer.

Stupid Judy.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Nothing in the article about a deadline activation. MS may be able to answer.
    Someone on mouse owners.com who called in said they needed to be activated by 12/31/14. This might work well for us. I have a trip planned in August that goes right up to the very last day of our current APs (the last PAP deal). We could sit on these vouchers until a November trip at basically the same price as a DVC non-renewal AP.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    Someone on mouse owners.com who called in said they needed to be activated by 12/31/14. This might work well for us. I have a trip planned in August that goes right up to the very last day of our current APs (the last PAP deal). We could sit on these vouchers until a November trip at basically the same price as a DVC non-renewal AP.
    Same here. We'll be renewing on our October trip. Thanks for the sleuthing.

Stupid Judy.

Doesn't say too much but this was just posted on the Disney Blog:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...bership-magic/
    Josh

he's right
    I am currently researching whether or not becoming a member would benefit me moving forward.
    My advice: make your decision based only on lodging costs with and without a DVC membership. The various other perks can (and do) come and go; instead, think of them as pure bonuses. Nice if they happen but not something to be counted upon.

We only bought a 25 point contract (resale for under $2k, MFs under $125/year) because we just didn't see the "value" in 2BR DVC units (about 300 points and up, so about $30k upfront plus $1500/year) but we DID see value in the AP discounts. Since we're a family of 5, we have saved about $800 each time we get APs (twice so far, and we plan on doing it again in 2015).

Other than AP discounts, the other discounts and perks are fairly trivial. We've enjoyed them, but they're just "gravy".

Info is up on the DVC site says vouchers have to be redeemed by 1/31/15, yay!

*You must present your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household to purchase or redeem these offers. Limit of 8 of each of these passes/passports per household. Passes and Passports purchased on this offer must be activated by January 31, 2015. These special prices are subject to change or termination without notice. Restrictions may apply.

Can AP vouchers be purchased in person at Guest Services windows? Or can they only sell APs which start on the day of purchase?

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    We only bought a 25 point contract (resale for under $2k, MFs under $125/year) because we just didn't see the "value" in 2BR DVC units (about 300 points and up, so about $30k upfront plus $1500/year) but we DID see value in the AP discounts. Since we're a family of 5, we have saved about $800 each time we get APs (twice so far, and we plan on doing it again in 2015).

Other than AP discounts, the other discounts and perks are fairly trivial. We've enjoyed them, but they're just "gravy".
    I like this tactic. I'm not going to be in a financial situation to take multiple trips to WDW in a calendar year any time soon (barring lottery winnings ), but I would consider doing this. Is there a minimum number of points you need to own for AP purchasing rights?
    3/2019: Windsor Hills, no admission except one hardcore hopping day
    6/2015: Indian Creek 6/20-6/27, YES program 6/23
    6/2012: Windsor Hills 1/2009: GKTW 9/1997: ASMu 7/1978: Off-site

won't let you order a nice scotch texhanddoc's Avatar
    I agree with Brian. You should crunch the numbers based on how you will use Disney over the next 10-20 years. If you want a quick breakdown you can see my sticky at the top of the DVC section. That goes over "breakeven" points for lodging only.

However, the DVC discount for annual passes is nice and TiW can end up saving you some decent cash per trip, especially if you eat at a few TS restaurants during your stay. I would say the DVC AP discount, plus TiW, plus the AP discount for merchandise ends up being a couple hundred dollar savings each trip.

P.S. I just bought my AP vouchers about 2 weeks ago. Do you guys think I could call back and get this discount applied to upgrade to Premium?
    GREGG

Proud DVC owner of:

Stay tuned for more exciting additions to... MY SIGNATURE!!!