Thread: 1 Day Touring Strategy for MK (Going Wed, 2/5)

1 Day Touring Strategy for MK (Going Wed, 2/5)

We live in FL and are going down to MK for 1 day - Wednesday, Feb 5th. There will be 2 adults and my 4 year old son.

We plan on being there when the park opens and following the MK cheat sheet that Josh posted so that we get all of Fantasyland and Haunted Mansion done first thing since that's what my 4YO will be most interested in anyway. But his plan is for 2 days and we're only going down for 1.

We plan on being in line for Be Our Guest around 11 because we're skipping all the princesses and Barnstormer. Any suggestions for an itinerary after lunch?

What time should we plan on meeting Mickey because that's the only character my son will really care about?

I know that it's a great crowd level day so I'm not overly stressed about it but would still like to be efficient in our touring to get as much done as possible.

What FP+ are you going to get? If you are following Josh's morning plan, there is time to stop in there and make FP+ selections. With a 4yo boy, I'd make your FPs for Buzz, Indy maybe and to meet Mickey..unless he is tall enough for BTMRR, then maybe substitute that FP for Indy.

I wasn't sure what FP+ to get because I haven't ever done those before. Buzz and Mickey are definitely good ones for us. We won't be doing Big Thunder or Space Mountain.

Since Josh's cheat sheets only list a morning strategy with time guides, I really need some help on an afternoon strategy. I'm not sure what times to get for the FP+ or what order to do the other lands in. Thanks!

Well what else do you want to do? I guess that is the big question. Looks like you'll be doing:

Peter
    Pooh
    Dumbo
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    It's a Small World
    Haunted Mansion

By now it's maybe 10:30...Jungle Cruise? Pirates?
    Lunch at BOG...probably after 11, but not yet 11:30
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    Now over to Tomorrowland
    12:30-1:30 Indy Speedway FP+
    1:30-2:30 Buzz FP+
    If you have time in here, do TTA and Monsters Inc
    2:30-3:30 (or anytime after) Meet Mickey w/ FP+

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I've never actually posted on these forums before even though I've been reading easywdw for years.

Yes, we'd do all the rides you mentioned for before lunch plus hopefully Barnstormer, Carousel and Teacups since they're all in the same area.

After lunch which would you recommend we head to first - Tomorrowland for Buzz and Monsters or Adventureland for Pirates and Jungle Cruise? Those are the other main rides we'd like to do (other than Mickey) so which would be a better use of FP+? Mickey will definitely be one FP+ that we use. It's the timing of all of it that throws me!

Because the crowd calendar says it's only going to be a 3 then I'm hoping we can get other things in like Country Bear Jamboree, Magic Carpets, Phillharmagic, etc but those aren't necessarily priorities.

Sorry, above you said you were skipping Barnstormer, so I didn't add it..it's still pretty easy:
    Peter
    Pooh
    Teacups
    Dumbo
    Barnstormer
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    Haunted Mansion
    Aladdin
    Pirates (bit of backtracking, but I'd do this before lunch
    Lunch at BOG...probably after 11, but not yet 11:30
    It's a Small World
    Mickey's Philharmagic
    JC FP+ 1-2
    Now over to Tomorrowland
    2-3 Buzz FP+
    If you have time in here, do TTA and Monsters Inc
    3-4 (or anytime after) Meet Mickey w/ FP+

Sorry about that...I looked it up after I originally posted and my son is actually tall enough for Barnstormer, so we're going to try it for the first time!

Thank you so much for all of your help! I love being able to have a game plan in mind especially travelling with a preschooler. And now I know what to do with the new FP+ too! Thanks again!!

How tall is your son? He only needs to be 40in to do BTMR and, I think, Space. My son was four our last trip and LOVED the coasters. Its a thought to add them if he's tall enough.
    Joanne (Our cast: me DH DS11 DD8 DS6)

August 2006 - ASMo (7 days); March 2007 - ASMo (5 days); July 2008 - POR and Dolphin (14 days); February 2009 - Poly and Swan (10 days); August 2010 - DD's Wish Trip! Grand Floridian (11 days); May 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek (9 days); March 2014 - US/BC (10 days); August 2017 - US/Dolphin (16 days)

Peanut butter is yummy.
    Barnstormer will be closed 2/3-2/5- which is why I thought you mentioned skipping it ;)

And IMO- BTMRR is a much better first coaster experience. I find Barnstormer to be really kind of scary even though it is very very short- barely a minute long. So- if DS is 40 take him on BTMRR.

It figures it's closed on the day we finally get to go! Boo! He's only 38" though so Barnstormer was the only one he would've been able to do.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    Oh bummer.

Too bad! Is he 38 inches with shoes? They measure with shoes on. He will have fun anyway, and it will allow you to prioritize other things. How late do you plan to stay? Sometimes riding more popular rides during the parade or after 6 or 7 when people start leaving is a good strategy if you will be around that long and DS4 can handle it. Otherwise, there are a lot of anytime attractions to choose. Like Josh says, after lunch, use your FP+ options and ride anytime rides. There isn't really a set optimum order. If you have access to a ride times app, you could see which rides have the shortest waits in your area and go from there. Maybe take a break and let him explore Tom Sawyer's Island rather than stand in another line in the afternoon too. demare gives good suggestions.

My partner and I will be there the same day!!! We are staying off park and managed to grab a dinner reservation at BOG - so we are in it for the long haul. Should be a pretty good day - crowds will be relatively low I think. I'm thinking we will do Space Mountain at RD and FP+ PP, BTMRR and Enchanted Tales, that way we can do FL/NFL in the morning without rushing and without backtracking, and round back to TL in the afternoon/evening.