Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Disney Vacation Account - first hand report

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony1019 View Post
    I put our vacation date in there 2 weeks before our actual date but I got my card I would say 2 weeks ago and within 2 weeks of putting in the request so I think you should be all set :)
    Ok, great! Thanks :)
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

This is a great thread, but a lot to digest! Does anyone care to let me know if I can make the following work for me? I plan on opening a DVA to help store discounted GCs to use to pay for a package. I only want to enter my GCs. Then, at 120 days I get a bonus (in GCs) based on whatever package I'm paying off?

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMeIamSkerred View Post
    This is a great thread, but a lot to digest! Does anyone care to let me know if I can make the following work for me? I plan on opening a DVA to help store discounted GCs to use to pay for a package. I only want to enter my GCs. Then, at 120 days I get a bonus (in GCs) based on whatever package I'm paying off?
    Close. It doesn't matter what you're paying off, the bonus is the same. Tickets, resort deposits, packages, it's all the same to DVA. You'll get a $20 GC for every $1,000 spent. I think the expiration date of the "special offer" is 12/31/16, but it's likely that will be extended.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

I noticed, while purchasing MNSSHP tickets, that there are GC and DVA options for payment now! What I usually do is purchase discounted GCs, transfer however much I need to my DVA, then use the DVA to pay. That way I get the DVA spend credit, towards the bonus GCs. In the past, I had to call to pay with a DVA (or GC, for that matter).

It's the little things that excite me these days.

Stupid Judy.

I did this -- bought discounted GCs from Target, used them to by discounted Disney GCs, put them into the vacation account, then earned a $100 GC from the vacation account for depositing $5000 ($20 per $1000). Saved an average of 8% doing that

Quote Originally Posted by threadcrapper View Post
    I did this -- bought discounted GCs from Target, used them to by discounted Disney GCs, put them into the vacation account, then earned a $100 GC from the vacation account for depositing $5000 ($20 per $1000). Saved an average of 8% doing that
    You don't actually earn the bonus GC until you spend the dollars in your DVA.

The DVA is a great way to pay annual dues on a DVC contract. since you won't get a discount on dues anywhere else.

Stupid Judy.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You don't actually earn the bonus GC until you spend the dollars in your DVA.

The DVA is a great way to pay annual dues on a DVC contract. since you won't get a discount on dues anywhere else.
    I thought DVC dues were not qualified purchases for purposes of the bonus.
    Mark
    2004 May Offsite,
    2008 Easter SSR, 2011 February SSR, 2012 February Jambo House/BLT, 2013 Easter BLT, 2014 Easter BWV, 2014 Christmas week CBR, 2015 Easter BWV, 2016 Feb Universal Portofino, 2017 February Poly, 2017 July OKW solo, 2017 Christmas week POFQ, 2018 P-week Wilderness Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by mgarbowski View Post
    I thought DVC dues were not qualified purchases for purposes of the bonus.
    They're not "officially" qualified, but if you call Member Services and tell them you want to pay with a "Gift Card," they'll take the DVA number that you give them. I've done this the past two Januarys.

Stupid Judy.

...It's the little things that excite me these days.
    They're not "officially" qualified, but if you call Member Services and tell them you want to pay with a "Gift Card," they'll take the DVA number that you give them. I've done this the past two Januarys.
    I have done this the last 2 years also for my DVC Dues too, worked great.

Glad to see they are starting to more widely support DVA, but I will truly get excited when we can find a good way to use the DVA for purchases we made in the parks and billed back to the room. Also, if they let me pay my DVC Dues online with DVA (or even just with gift cards) rather than having to call.
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Also, if they let me pay my DVC Dues online with DVA (or even just with gift cards) rather than having to call.
    You can pay dues with a gift card online now.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyRunr View Post
    You can pay dues with a gift card online now.
    Good to hear! ...that must be a very recent addition (since January when I last paid).
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
    Good to hear! ...that must be a very recent addition (since January when I last paid).
    That's when I did it.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.