Thread: Anyone else working today?

Anyone else working today?

I'm working / dreaming of Disney only two weeks away. Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I'm here - we got out at 2:30 and the boss is buying pizza for lunch. I head down two weeks from tomorrow.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Me too. I work for the US Air Force and most military folks won't be here, but us contractors will be. They'll "lock us out" probably at noon and we'll get paid for a full day.
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    I'm working a half day. Typically they let us go around 3:00 which is only an hour before I go home anyway. My company always gets Chinese on Christmas Eve and pizza on New Year's Eve.

Most years we head into the operations area and play games and/or watch movies start some time mid-morning. I hope that starts soon.

I am booooo!
    ----------
    * Amy

Me. Open til 3 today and NYE, only off tomorrow and NYD!
    Jess

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    DH is and boy was he mad. In the nearly 14 years that he has worked for the Federal Government, this is the first Christmas Eve that he didn't get off. And he had to go in extra early to boot (and having to leave at 7:30 AM for someone who doesn't normally come home until 11:30 PM is VERY early!!) We are both hoping that they will close early today.

I actually am working too but could have taken the day off if DH wasn't working. Of course, then I wouldn't be able to help this poor lady who wants to book her Disney trip leaving on Jan 2nd!!! Yeah...helping someone plan their magical vacation isn't too bad of a way to spend Christmas Eve!!
    Brenda

Well, I'm *at* work. Not sure about the actual working part. Merry Christmas to everyone!

I'm at work, but we are closing the office at noon. DH has to work a full day today.

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    My son is at work today and has to work tomorrow. He never gets holidays off. He works for a 24 hour animal hospital so they are never closed. Holidays tend to be the worse days to work as they only have emergencies and no appointments. The emergencies tend to be pretty bad and he won't be in festive spirits when he comes home.

Quote Originally Posted by magic1106 View Post
    My son is at work today and has to work tomorrow. He never gets holidays off. He works for a 24 hour animal hospital so they are never closed. Holidays tend to be the worse days to work as they only have emergencies and no appointments. The emergencies tend to be pretty bad and he won't be in festive spirits when he comes home.
    Sorry to hear that your son is working today and tomorrow! At least there is someone there to help families with their pets during difficult times. He is a Christmas gift to them I am sure!
    Tricia
    www.dreambuilderstravel.com
    www.facebook.com/triciadreambuilderstravel

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Mike is working, but he's UPS so, well, yeah.

He didn't get home last night until 11pm, after getting to work in the morning at 8am. I honestly have no idea how he does it. I can't imagine working any job for 15 hours straight, let alone one as physical as his. The only good thing he had going for him was the weather - it's been beautiful here, no snow and a high of 50.

Please tell him THANK YOU. We had a kitty emergency a few years ago on Thanksgiving, and we were eternally grateful for our wonderful local vet, who got up from his dinner table to take care of our cat.

Merida
    My husband is at work until early afternoon and then has tomorrow off before going back to work Thurs and he could have used some of his vacation hours for more days off (he has 64 vacation hours right now and actually accrues them quite quickly) but he's saving it for our February trip and if he needs to take a sick day or 2 before then.

I'm so happy that he's not on call this year like he was last year. Last year, on Christmas Eve, he had to drive 3.5 hours each way in very bad winter weather to fix some sort of computer stuff in a labor and delivery room at small regional hospital/clinic. So he spent 7 hours in the car and I think Santa had been here before he made it home (But at least it wasn't like some of his calls where he drives to fix a computer only to find that the person didn't plug it in! :P )
    Last edited by Merida; 12-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.

he's right
    I'm in the office until 2.

May be computer illiterate, but I figured out how to set my user title myself when no one else could!! magic1106's Avatar
    Good day for my son. Although he worked today, nothing too traumatic, and he got off in time to go to his GF's house.