Thread: 'Ohana ADR for "5 adults" mistake

Merida

'Ohana ADR for "5 adults" mistake

I made an ADR awhile ago for breakfast at 'Ohana since I was on the phone anyway booking Pirates League and I notice that it is booked for 5 adults when we are actually 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant. I tried to modify guests in MDE, but it still has us all listed as adults.

My daughter (9) is almost as tall as me and could easily pass for a 10-year old at the very least, whereas my 'infant' will be a month shy of his 3rd birthday and he's 39" so also quite tall for his age. So we obviously won't be 5 adults but could pass for 3 Disney adults and 2 kids.

Should I call back to fix this, or do you think that they would take my word for our ages? That's a huge price difference!!! And we are not on any dining plan. I'll be paying OOP and charging to the room.

You'll be charged for who shows up. When you arrive, just tell them who's there.

When you book on line-- it always comes thru as 5 adults-- you aren't given the chance to differentiate. So-- it doesn't matter a bit whose listed. IT matters who shows up.

Merida
    Okay thanks!! :)

I did book our H&V breakfast online the other day and it shows up as 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant and when I saw the other one listed as '5 adults' I started to have visions of being rushed through the meal with an absent server and being charged what's on file or a server just looking at our table and thinking, "no way are they 5 adults. Looks like 3 adults and 2 kids to me" without questioning their ages and then charging us based on that... only later to try to figure out why our room charges are so high. We only did 1 TS meal last trip (not a great experience) so I still feel pretty new to them :)

All but one of my ADR's are showing up as 5 adults. We are actually 2 adults and 3 children. I think there is a way in MDE to change the breakdown of adults/children? I think it's a "modify reservation" next to each ADR?

Although you may be able to differentiate when you make reservations on line-- I never do. And the reservation works just fine.
    So, although you can, you don't HAVE TO.

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    We've always been charged based on who shows up, not who's on the ADR.

In MDE I've got everybody linked to each ADR and it knows everybody's birthdays. Maybe making sure each person is linked will give you some comfort?

Merida
    Thanks - very reassuring to me!! :)

I really wanted only 1 character meal (I worry that they eat into too much park time) but now that Doc McStuffins will be at H&V, that has become a must do meal and I'm very reluctant to let go of 'Ohana. I want to do both. Good that there are no issues with being listed as 5 adults! :)

ETA: I just did modify the guests and it has everyone actually listed under the reservation, but back on the main reservation page (before you can click to modify) it still says "5 Adults" even though it says infant or child under my kids names. Oh, the joys of MDE

I think the ones I've booked on the computer are correctly differentiated, but the ADRs I've booked on the app show all adults, even though the correct members of my party are attached and some of them are children. They will charge according to who's actually there for the meal, regardless.