Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What age did you find out about Santa?

I was in 4th grade and heard the kids laughing at the "dorks who still believed" . Yep, I felt like a dork :(
    My almost 11 year old has been asking questions (unfortunately in front of the 6 and 9 year olds). I think he is talking himself into believing. I have helped by making comments like "yeah, where would I have hid that giant basketball hoop you got last year?" (it spent a month in the neighbors garage! I struggle with just telling him (after Xmas) b/c I don't want him to feel dumb like I did as a kid, but at the same time I love the magic of it and don't want to ruin it.
    2011- first trip! Windor Hills with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4, and Grandma
    2013- 3 days WDW, 3 days US/IOA!
    2016 US/IOA, Seaworld, and Discovery Cove

I was 9 and in 4th grade. It was a few weeks before Christmas, my mom and I were in a store, she turned to me and said "Do you think this would be good for Cassie's stocking?" I vividly remember the feeling, my heart dropped, my felt a little dizzy, my vision got a little blurry, I instantly felt embarrassed, but I played to cool and said yeah. Still, up until that exact moment, I believed in Santa and once she said that I realized he wasn't real.

I was a 3rd grade teacher for three years and then taught 4th grade for another 2 years. That seems to be right on the cusp when half the class believes and half the class doesn't. I always tried to play up Santa and made sure to never say anything that would indicate he wasn't real. When kids would shout out that Santa wasn't real I would make some kind of comment about how he must not visit you because you don't believe in him, that's too bad for you, more gifts for us.
    Next trips -
    July 2019 - Mother/Daughter trip to Morocco and Paris - 1 day in Disneyland Paris
    December 2019 - Disney Magic - Dec 7-12

WDW -
    1993, 1997, 1998, 1999 (Cabins at Ft. Wilderness)
    9/2013 (POR)
    11/2014 (BWV)
    12/2015 (POP)
    9/2017 (CSR)
    8/2018 (POP)
    Disneyland - 2006, 2007, 2009

I was about 9, in the 4th grade. I was pretty upset, mostly because my school friends already knew and I felt dumb. I think it lasts longer for kids today. I'm definitely with the folks who believe Santa represents the spirit if giving. If you don't believe, you don't receive.
    Brandi

In my school all the 6th graders were tasked with replying to kindergarteners letters to Santa - I remember a couple kids that still believed being devastated. What a horrible way to find out...in front of the entire class!
    ----------
    * Amy