Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discounted Gift Cards at Sams Club

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jandeeah View Post
    I tried to get one from Target.com but my order would never go through. I finally gave up. I hope the coupons work for the gift cards for everyone. I think it will as it has always worked to get 10% off (red and pharmacy together)
    Try going to the store?
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    I would have but did not go out yesterday. it did not seem to be worth going out for just that. Although now that I think about it it probably was....oh well.
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I went right when they opened at 8am. The cashier didn't think they would work but tried anyway. After ringing up all of the gift cards she tried the coupon and got a message "no items available for this offer" which means it doesn't apply to the Disney gift cards.

I'm hoping someone else has some luck in which case I'll try at a different Target. I was looking forward to paying off my DVC dues at 20% off...
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Just checked in with the legal team over at disboards.com who all verify the same experience (20% off coupon will not apply to Disney gift cards of any denomination). They are discussing legal action against Target and also chastising customers for using coupons on gift cards since Target literally loses money on every one they sell at a discount and how dare we.

I just tried the Target 20% and it didn't work for me either. Oh well, worth a try.

I'm disappointed to hear the coupon isn't working. I was looking forward to daving some extra $$ on the rest of my balance.

I don't think it's right for someone to sue Target over it though. It states on the coupon is not valid on gift cards, and the Disney cards say gift cards on them.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

Even though I couldn't use the 20% I still used my Pharmacy Rewards and RedCard and saved about 10% on a nice stack of Disney Gift Cards (and a few for Subway/Applebees/etc just for good measure)
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    I can always count on this board for great info! Thank you everyone for posting. We are headed out now and I was in a big hurry to get there but now we wont rush I will still try but will assume it wont work. Thanks all for the heads up!!! I, too, have my pharmacy card I was saving so will use that.
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

Thanks for the updates! I did hit Target this morning with my coupon, but already having gotten the scoop here, my main purchase was the WiiU my 8yo suddenly needs more than life itself. And I wouldn't have known about the coupon if it weren't for the info here, so it's a win in my book.

Didn't work for me either, and hubby didnt have a heart attack at my $350 bill after discounts on everything else even cause we are DONE with xmas shopping! Score!
    ~Brandi

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate's Mama View Post
    . . . we are DONE with xmas shopping! Score!
    Jealous!

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    I bought $1000 in GC, plus a few things for DD (slippers, wallet, lunch bag, disney infinity power tube thingy, backpack) and with my 20% off merchandise plus 5% in pharm rewards on everything and 5% red card, was just under $1000~not bad!
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

Rhonda, glad the 20% off worked for you. Looks like it didn't work for most people who tried.

Sounds like it was just the 5% + 5% discount on the gift cards.

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarifying, Doc.

10% off is still a great deal on gift cards!

expert on dietary needs and disney dining clanmcculloch's Avatar
    I'm glad I didn't end up shopping at Target since the coupon isn't working for people. I don't have a red card and don't plan to get one so that's out for me as well.

I bought a bunch of Disney GCs at BJs. They have $100 GCs for $95.96 so a 4% discount. With my membership type I also get a credit of 2% of my purchases back every 6 months so it's more like 6%.

I was surprised to see that it ends up cheaper buying my tickets directly from Disney using GCs than it is buying from Undercover Tourist using the Mousesavers link.

$306.95 - UT
    $300.56 - Disney ($318.44 through Disney with tax but using 3 $100 GCs that really costs $300.56 ((3*(95.95-2%=94.04))+18.44))

Merida
    I'm not too upset that it didn't work.

I did buy 2 $50 Disney gift cards online to generate the 20% off coupon (payed entirely with Target gift cards and got 5% off & free shipping since I set my red card as my default payment)... and because I don't have that much Christmas shopping left to do, I bought a few necessary household supplies instead and some Eggo waffles at 20% off (hey, the waffles were on sale for $2/box so they were $1.60 after the discount and if you buy 4 of the specially marked ones, you get a $5 Target gift card from Kellogg's -- that keeps my kids happy and it's more Target gift cards that will be used towards Disney gift cards LOL)

Well we might be in for another treat. In order to rebuild good will after the credit card breach, Target is offering its 10% employee discount to everyone tomorrow and Sunday. Here's the press release:

http://pressroom.target.com/news/a-m...nt-card-issues

Employee discounts usually work on the Disney Gift Cards (which are coded as "Entertainment Cards") so it's possible that this offer will apply. I'll give it a shot in the morning.

Well, never mind. This just posted on the target.com website:

10% off storewide purchase only. Saturday 12/21 through Sunday 12/22.

Excludes all gift cards, entertainment cards, airtime cards, prepaid cards, iTunes cards, Apple, Bose, all video games, Playstation 4 consoles, Xbox One consoles, Target Mobile(SM), prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol purchases. Offer cannot be combined with other storewide or category/department coupons.