Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discounted Gift Cards at Sams Club

Discounted Gift Cards at Sams Club

Today while I was going some last minute shopping for Thanksgiving at Sams Club, I decided to check out the gift card stand and noticed they had Disney Gift Cards - they come in a three pack of $50 each for a total value of $150 for $142.98 (4.68% discount). Not a ton - but since I am leaving in a few days and know about what I plan on spending, every little bit helps! We are upgrading our 6 day MYW tickets to an annual pass, getting TIW, getting a spa treatment and any dining/shopping, I got $900 worth of cards for myself so a savings of $42. My mom who is traveling with me did the same - so a total of $84. A $4000 family vacation would add up - $187.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    Good find, Crystal!

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    I think it varies from region to region - they're 7% off face value here, available in individual $25 and $50 cards. If you're going to be dropping $1,000 on your vacation, that $70 savings can be better spent on bread cones and angus pizza burgers.

yea i saw those there at Sams Club too, but I have a plan.. gonna spend $75 at target tomorrow then get 20% Off those Disney Cards + My 5% Red card discount to boot Dec 1-7 :P
    ~Brandi

Brandi - I'm going to do the same. I need some additional cold weather training gear for WDW Marathon Weekend anyway, and the C9 stuff is pretty good. Hopefully there are no problems using the 20% coupon on the Disney gift cards, but no loss either way I suppose.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

Will work for Dole Whips. Brandie's Avatar
    I'm going for the 20% off at Target, too. I'm hoping that I'll qualify with an online order.

Online counts, but has to be Friday (even though many Black Friday items are available now).

I went to Target website looking for details of this 20% but could not find it right off, anyone mind sharing the details?

It's in the Target Black Friday ad. Full page, toward the back.

How about this for the ultimate savings opportunity:

Step 1: Buy $1000 of Target Gift Cards for $900 on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...m=251374790902)
    Step 2: Use the Target 20% off coupon to buy $1250 of Disney Gift Cards for $1000

$1250 of Disney Gift Cards for $900. IT'S LIKE THEY'RE PAYING YOU TO GO!!! EXCEPT FOR THE $900 YOU SPENT!!!

Not sure if the Target Gift Cards would come by next week though... or if the Disney Gift Cards will be allowable under the 20% coupon. Other than that, though, my plan is poifect!

ok flaw in the plan, the coupon wont work for gift cards :/

targetcoupon.jpg
    ~Brandi

It's ok. Target considers Disney gift cards, like other gift cards besides Target gift cards, entertainment cards. I'm planning to be at my store bright and early on Sunday morning for my Disney gift cards.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

I wonder if Target sells Southwest gift cards and if they'd qualify too... I agree getting there right when they open on Sunday will probably give you the best chance over the other people in your town who are up to the same thing...

I think they consider Southwest cards as entertainment cards also. My SIL is a Target employee and she got us a few Southwest cards and was able to use her discount. She doesn't get a discount on Target gift cards. I'll feel very happy if all goes according to plan Sunday morning!

Who's planning to rope drop their Target on Sunday? Haha!
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

oh happy day!
    Super good actually, cause Target was out of the apple tv on sale i wanted, so got it on better sale with amazon prime!
    ~Brandi

makes josh ride in the passenger seat Rhonda's Avatar
    Target does sell SW cards but you can only use 4 forms of payment for SW and the cards target sells are $50, just keep that in mind
    Rhonda (obviously)

2009~CBR
    2010~AKV
    2010~POP
    2011~POR
    2012~ASMo (mom and son trip)
    /with 2 "I won a contest" nights at POFQ!
    2012~POP
    2013~POR
    2014~ASSp

Our August 2011 Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Potts View Post
    It's ok. Target considers Disney gift cards, like other gift cards besides Target gift cards, entertainment cards. I'm planning to be at my store bright and early on Sunday morning for my Disney gift cards.
    I hope this is true. I was a little discouraged by the fact that iTunes cards (also entertainment cards) are excluded.

I can confirm that they treat the Disney Gift Cards as "Entertainment Cards" which are not excluded. We have purchased many Disney Gift Cards using the Pharmacy Rewards 5% back, and it also excludes "Gift Cards".
    Micah

MousePerks
    Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV; Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV (Report); Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR

upstate, NY, wish I lived at Disney World!!
    I am planning to do the same at target...I even asked someone that worked there and they seem to think it should work.

WDW: May 04'-SOG, Sep 12'-AOA, Sep 13'-POP, Sep 14'-POR, Sep 15'-POP,
    Dec 16'-POP

DL: May 11'-Off Site

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    I tried to ask at Target today and the woman wasn't exactly sure, so she gave me a 20% coupon "for my troubles," without my having to spend the $75.

SCORE!!!
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

son of a...

wishes he had a pink frolicing llama under his tagline George's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorK View Post
    son of a...
    I know for sure Disney cards are eligible for the Red Card and Pharmacy Rewards discounts. So the woman at Target it would almost certainly work. She couldn't try it because it's not 12/1 yet.
    http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2150/847827/22364569/379301318.jpg

Quiet, both of ya! You're gonna ruin Maw's birthday!

Stupid Judy.

But Sandy Plankton said...

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I tried to ask at Target today and the woman wasn't exactly sure, so she gave me a 20% coupon "for my troubles," without my having to spend the $75.

SCORE!!!
    aargh!! You lucky dog! We went to target at about 9pm last night and found out that I hadn't read the fine print so waited in line for an hour+ and it wasn't even applicable for the 20% coupon. So I have spent time and $ to now place two separate online orders, one in my name and one in dh so that I can have TWO coupons and be able to go to 2 stores to get all the cards I can!!

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post

SCORE!!!
    Some guys have all the luck...
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

rescued daughter from turk - that crazy gorilla! jandeeah's Avatar
    I tried to get one from Target.com but my order would never go through. I finally gave up. I hope the coupons work for the gift cards for everyone. I think it will as it has always worked to get 10% off (red and pharmacy together)
    Andrea

Disney before Drudgery!

Read about my trips here