Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11-16. Here now at pop

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Like always, don't always believe what you hear on the phone. These are the same people that recommend taking the monorail to Animal Kingdom and will tell you you can order a la carte dessert at Mama Melrose and get Fantasmic Dining Package tickets.
    :) Good reminder. I really rarely take anything I'm told by Disney at face value. I've heard some crazy stuff too. Just thought this was curious. Especially the legacy not going away. There was no "soon", by the way, Christine. She said is pretty bluntly. I dragged it over here to see what you all thought. Glad I did as I will now probably just keep the POP plan. The value scene offsite is pretty bleak and if I can still use my AP card, then I'll deal with the rest.

Glad to hear your band is working well. :) Your daughter's goose egg: ouch!

I know I'm a little late and you may have already been to Epcot but in October we had to have the KTTW for Agent P, no MBs. I'd bring that up at the desk and see if they can do anything.
    -Michelle

Quick update. We are home! Internet service at pop was horrible!!!
    We were able to do agent P at Epcot. The guy at the kiosk had some kind of back door way around having a KTTW card.
    We did experience at least one more time when the magic band stopped working on our door. Luckily the bands all stopped working at different times, so we were still able to get into our room with a different band.
    There was also one time we had trouble at downtown disney with the band, and a manager had to come and type in the number from the back of our bands.
    Great trip, though!! Glad for all the great advice on this site!

3 fastpasses per day is not going to do it for me. I will be thinking twice about coming here if I have to wait in hour long lines all day. Just sayin.

does anybody know how to change this? pfalcioni's Avatar
    Why would you have to wait in hour-long lines?

Rope drop, get those rides that attract long lines done in the first hour or two, then spend the afternoon on anytime rides and using those 3 FP+ options.

Or, don't rope drop, sleep in, arrive in the afternoon and still have those 3 FP+ activities banked when normal FP would be gone for many rides.

I have gotten a little bit spoiled and it is going to be hard to go back. We are here now and have had FPP, regular FP, and extra regular FP with an old set of KTTW cards. So we have been able to ride all day long everyday without any waiting. It will be hard to go back to not having that. Like I said, spoiled and I know it, but it will still be hard.

dawn
    I felt the same way Michael, of course I only had regular FP, no extra's .. but I'm thinking on the bright side and doing RD then touring efficiently until it gets crowded, I plan on pulling my FPP's for the afternoon....chin up..it's DISNEY how bad could it be????

Yeah I just can't see it without regular FP. Even if we do rope drop, the wife and I are getting a little older and are not able to run from ride to ride. We move at a slower pace. So we are not able to work in as many rides at rope drop. But even if we did work in 2-3 good rides before the crowd hits, then we are going to deal with the tierd FPP, so for a park like Epcot, only one of our FPP may be worth anything.

It is going to be a completely different park experience for us without legacy FP. Maybe we can adjust, but I am struggling with seeing it that way. I would rather have legacy FP alone than the new FPP.

dawn
    [QUOTE=Michael;192949]Yeah I just can't see it without regular FP. Even if we do rope drop, the wife and I are getting a little older and are not able to run from ride to ride. We move at a slower pace. So we are not able to work in as many rides at rope drop.
    You are making me sad...Im sorry...change stinks sometimes, especially when things were so good before FP+ and especially before TIERED FP+ HOPEFULLY they'll do away with THAT part of it!... i wonder... what if... you have never been to Disney before and you were to go with the system they have now, would you have fun...probably..so maybe try to think of it like that, rather then what you'll miss, maybe what you'll be able to do...maybe two days in a park that you would normally only do one? I dunno, I just 'feel" for you and I am a chronic 'make it better for everybody' person...
    You will enjoy your park touring, you have the best plans and then the FP+ stuff will be later in the day..I totally get the not wanting to run from ride to ride..
    but I completely understand where you are coming from...I haven't used the system yet..but I'm hopeful

waiting for a street car
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I would rather have legacy FP alone than the new FPP.
    Can't you just do that by booking room only and then buying tickets separately when you get to the park? Don't put them on your Magic Bands and it will be the same as if you were an off-site guest? At least as long as there is legacy FP.

dawn
    ooooh, GOOD IDEA Ellie!!