Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rumour: room discount for Jan 5 - Apr 12 opens Oct 8

tests unsafe roller coasts in china blyday's Avatar
    I just did a quote for a client and they were able to add the tickets to the package and the dining.....whoever you are talking to either isn't understanding what you want or doesn't know what they are doing. It can be added to the room only.
    Brenda

Just booked hotels online for before and after cruise. Got CSR std room for before and POR garden for after. The difference between SPD and room only with tickets for the 3 nights before cruise was $341. Since we don't know when we are arriving on Friday yet, it could be just 2 days so definately possible to eat for less than $341 depending on what we do. I priced WL for before just to compare and it was about $97 more per night still.

So glad I don't have to spend tomorrow on the phone even though it is basically the middle of the night right now.

the jeweled acrobats only perform amazing stunts for him DopeyRunr's Avatar
    This is live on the website right now. SPD and room only.
    Follow me on Twitter at: @DopeyRunr
    Blogging about running for fun at Disney and elsewhere with Team Shenanigans.

josh's date at akershus stevenmilz's Avatar
    Just made reservation at BWV during our Spring Break for about the same we paid during spring break 2 years ago. Happy camper, especially since I was "shut out" of discounts for our December trip and we decided to stay offsite. I find it interesting that the studios at BWV and BCV are actually a few dollars cheaper than the standard rooms at BWI or BC. We prefer the villas with the larger fridge and the bar sink prep area/microwave/toaster.
    Steve
    Offsite (Jul 87, Nov 09, Feb 13) Disney Institute (Jun 97) CR (Aug 81, Aug 83, Aug 86, May 10) BLT (Dec 10, Sep 11) FW/VWL (Nov 10) Poly (Mar 11, May 11) BC/BCV (Dec 11, Mar 12, Jan 13) BWI/BWV (May 12, Dec 12, May 13, Sep 13, Mar 14, Sep 14) SSR (Oct 11) YC (Oct 12) Swan (Oct 13) WBC (Dec 13, May 14, Dec 14) Pop (Oct 14) POFQ (Jan 15, Mar 15, Sep 15, Oct 15, Jan 16, Sep 16, Nov 16, Mar 17, May 17) CBR (Dec 15) ASMo (Dec 16)

I booked last night at midnight, but of course checked everything again this morning and I think the website was much faster compared to days that discounts have been released in the past. Everything I booked was still available as of 8:00 this morning. Now I have to figure out flights so that I can cancel any room nights we might not need.

Booked POR preferred room for SPD this morning on the website with no problems, except for the fact that I kept forgetting to use my new last name when I was looking up the reservation after I booked. Really great discount for us four adults.
    I am not going to try calling WDW travel co. this morning, I am just going to float the other deposit along until Friday when I'll call and cancel my old undiscounted POR reservation.
    So exciting!

I switched from POR to POFQ today. I originally booked with SPD pin in July, but I checked today and POFQ had availability. I did book a standard view instead of the garden view I had at POR, but I saved $228. I'm feeling a little unsure of my decision, but I think the smaller size of POFQ will be better for us.

The rumors of the 'new' way Disney figures the SPD discount must be true, because the price the website quoted me was about $150 higher than the actual amount my package came to. The CM that was helping me had to have another person in a different department actually switch my reservation and emailed me the information later. My reservation number didn't change, so I'm thinking they somehow booked me at POFQ using my pin.
    Jen

Dream Builders Travel

I just booked POFQ on the SPD discount for only $160 more then we were paying at POP with the RO discount!!!! So excited to upgrade to a moderate and the small size of the FQ will be awesome!!!

Theresia. They didn't have SPD for my dates at POP with the visa discount so I did the RO thinking it was better then nothing. I just changed to POFQ on the SPD and I was able to upgrade to the moderate for only $160 more then POP with the RO.

So I called WDW AGAIN and this CM was happy to check on RO promo with added tickets and dining plan. So, no suprise that you all were right. BUT, it still ended up being ~40 cheaper to do SPD than the RO for the one adult and one child in the POR. But maybe now I can sleep knowing I did what I could to get the lowest price. shew!!

Theresia - who still needs to whittle about $1000 more off of our vacation plans.