Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Touring Plans Redux - "BluePrints"

waiting for a street car
    I liked EasyPlans, too... but hadn't thought about the shortening to EP.

How about JoshPlans?

Wondering who I can trust around here.

Peanut butter is yummy.
    I think branding is important so "easy" lower case should be part of any product you create.

Actually I think easyPlans would work even if people do shorten it to EP. If you are targeting first time or newer WDW travelers (like me) with the plans, we don't know that EP is supposed to be Epcot. My original plans developed with no help (which were terrible by the way) used EC as shorthand for Epcot. I used this site and its verbage to help me develop my shorthand. So if easywdw says EP means easyPlans and EC or ET or EPC means Epcot that is what I'm going to believe.

However, I will not eat at the Sam's Club snack bar - even if you suggest I do.

My thoughts...it looks great! Awesome job. Somehow it makes DHS seem much smaller! As for a name & branding how about EasyBlueprint? But really Blueprint is fine. You have done a lot of hard work though and do need to somehow brand it. You should get the credit for it if "stolen".
    Lori

WDW: 72, May 93, June 98, June 01, Aug 01, July 02, Oct 02, June 03, July 04, June 05, July 06, Sept 06, Dec 06, July 07, July 09, July 10. Coming soon: Dec 11, May 12

DL: 97, 00

Ok. I went back and see that you think easyBlueprint is too long so never mind on that. I just know that I am anxious to see the MK plans!
    Lori

WDW: 72, May 93, June 98, June 01, Aug 01, July 02, Oct 02, June 03, July 04, June 05, July 06, Sept 06, Dec 06, July 07, July 09, July 10. Coming soon: Dec 11, May 12

waiting for a street car
    Ah, yes, I stand corrected, lower case easy... easy peasy plans... epp... no, that's no good.

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd guff's Avatar
    easyPlans sounds good - keeps easy theme and differentiates yourself from the others

More search engine friendly than blueprint also I would assume.

only person to nominate a josh picture for potd guff's Avatar
    I didn't think of that, but it probablybwould be. Googling easyplans gets a lot of hits as well

I remember way back when when I was the 8th one down on Google when searching for "easywdw"

In the entirety of July 2010 I had 5,697 visitors. Just yesterday I had 2,989

And I wasn't one of those since I was out of town. Today you should be even higher! ;)
    Lori

Maybe for the second anniversary I will revert the site to how it used to look. I wish I had a screenshot. It used to be based on this theme: http://www.lightword-design.com/

What's tougher? The Krispy Kreme Challenge or the Toy Story Dash? WolfpackLegion's Avatar
    Good Work Josh

How about STEPS for (S)electable (t)ouring (e)asyWDW (p)rint(s)...or the last could be (p)lan(s). Just throwing some ideas. I like the original as well as some of the others mentioned.

family is starving while mom plays with smilies
    Very nice! Thank you very much :)

I like easyPlans for a name.
    Karen, Mike, ds17, dd16, dd11

10/91 honeymoon at POFQ, 9/97 Fairway villa at Disney Institute, 1/03 offsite villa, 8/05 YC, 4/07 CR, 10/07 no kids! SSR, 6/08 YC+Jambo AKV+BWV, 8/09 Kidani, 10/09 no kids! Mom's last trip Jambo, 8/10 SSR+Jambo

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe for the second anniversary I will revert the site to how it used to look. I wish I had a screenshot. It used to be based on this theme: http://www.lightword-design.com/
    I kinda like it the way it is!
    Lori

The all black was pretty depressing. One of these days I will switch over to "2.0" probably after these touring plans, I mean easyblueprintplansbyjoshateasywdw.com are re-done.

I like Josh's easyPLANS - a blueprint for visiting WDW. Yeah a little long, but I'm ok with that.

waiting for a street car
    easyblueprintplansbyjoshateasywdw.com

I think you're honing in on something there...

despite having 1,000+ posts, does not visit the forum UmmGooD's Avatar
    How about WWJD (What would Josh do) or "Josh is easy".

I think you'd be okay with abbreviations with Epcot (EP) and easyPlans (eP). You'd have a MK eP, an AK eP, a HS eP, and lastly, an EP eP!! Glad some of you liked my suggestion! Josh if you use it I get a free lifetime membership, right?!?
    BIGDADDYBYRD
    DVC Member OKW since 2011

I like these alot.

A couple of comments-- I just scanned the thread so these might have already been mentioned:
    1) Maybe make the background white. Some people might be a little reluctant to print it out because of how much ink it would use. The color in the actual map is worth it. You also might want to check your color scheme to see if it will work for common types of color blindness if you haven't already.

2) The font size of some of the text on the map is a little hard to read at 100% zoom on my screen. I could read it fine, but I know my mom would struggle or not be able to read some things at all. I did not print it out so it may be better printed.

3) A more general thought that I had is that you might want to separate your suggested touring plan maps from custom (make-your-own) touring plans maps. For example, if someone made their own touring plan using the dropdown menus on page 2, it might be kind of confusing to look at the map with the numbers from your touring plan. I guess this kind of depends on what your goal is for the maps.

Here's version 2 with a slightly altered map: http://www.easywdw.com/hs_adult_halfday.pdf

It's now titled, the "map legend" is moved to the top right, the logo of the site is in the bottom right, and the green background was removed.